1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

United Kingdom Mini Furniture Advice

May 1, 2012

1. Thank you, I will look in ikea when we next go there, right now I'm looking for a sofa hehe I think I've found one!

2. Based on the measurements it should work fine, because if you look at the description, the have a 43" doll that fits nicely and if you have more than one then it's perfect. However, the shipping cost as much as the couch! For that alone I wouldn't buy it. This is what I'd recommend. Even if you don't have walmart or AG, I'm sure you'll have other stores that sell closeouts at really low prices. Something like outlet stores. I've seen little couches or fainting beds that double for a jewelry box. you can go that route or visit antique stores. Over here in US we have a store called the salvation army that sells at reaaaally low prices because all the items in the stores are donations and I'm sure you have something like that over there. Also, visiting a toy store with your doll will help put things in perspective. I hope this helps and I've made my comment in time before you spent all that money on shipping. Good luck Amy!!

3. Thank you Susana, I know I had to factor the high shipping cost in! If you saw how small our town is you would understand why I have to shop online >_<

4. Here's a link to an Amazon Search I did for American Girl Doll stuff. It should roughly be about size I think?

Also check out the American Girl store Furniture and their accessories for some awesome stuff!

I'm eyeing this.

5. Just wanted to pop in and mention that furniture for 16" fashion dolls like Tonner works well for MSDs. I just got two couches for 16" dolls from this Etsy seller, and they fit my Tiny Fairies and slim MSDs perfectly. These Horsman chairs and couches look pretty cool too, but I haven't seen them in person.

6. Maybe you can look for used/second-hand on Flickr, DeviantART, or Ebay for AMerican Girl, BFC INK, Battat, or Our Generation furniture. Those are 18 inch doll company's. Some of the furniture fits better than others. If you go to garage sales or second hand shops it might be best to bring your doll along to compare size.
      Melfina is my an Angel of Dream (AOD) Female 1/4 Meng Ya Qi (Opened Eyed Head). I have a few pictures, and a thread that may help.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?550600-Just-how-big-is-a-MSD-anyway

7. Wow this thread is full of ebay search tricks. I was browsing Amazon and Ebay but all I got were 1:12 size ><;; Now I'll try those links you guys gave. Thanks a lot!

8. I'm just bumping this thread up. Although there are some great suggestions, most are in the USA and cost too much in shipping.

9. Thanks for bumping this thread, it is amazing! I've been searching for a rustic bed for my MSD girl, but most companies only sell fancy or modern beds. After checking the American Girl website, I found http://m.americangirl.com/mt/store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/179697/uid/241this Mexican inspired set. Now, I've taken a few courses on Celtic art and culture, but I was wondering if you all thought this set would fit an Irish forest-dweller? The swirls and geometric patterns are pretty typical of Iron Age/Bronze Age Celtic art, even though this is meant to represent Mexican furniture. I quite like it, but if anybody knows where I can find something even more wild looking (think highly distressed, irregular wood types) I'd love to hear it! Once again, a great thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk