1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. @americanseamstress Yes, I have seen the links :)
      I plan to shorten the neck, but I will judge how much when it arrives. The plan is to use the body for one of my floating Nabarro heads. But if I love the De'Ath head too much he can keep the body :D

2. Oh my gosh! I'm in love with that beast version--it has the ears I need *^*
      The thing that surprised me is that these dolls are relatively cheaper sculpts, at ~$400 USD (used google to convert yuan to USD). The quality looks astounding.

I saw someone's Universedoll Musen on the front page, in the photos--it took my breath away!

3. @americanseamstress just saw that you tagged me - thank you for letting me know about the resin comparisons!

I just can't get over those hands... love those hands :love:abow:

4. @NekoMida

I do think they are beautifully sculpted dolls for the price!

@thorneless

Sure!

I'm in the same boat--I keep waiting for more hands to show up on Musen Musen's Etsy (if they're not much more expensive than Taobao, I'd rather use that service).

5. Oh a thread about Universe Doll! Great! :-)
      I bought a De'Ath human version, pink skin with faceup and bodyblushing.
      I'm so excited :D

6. @StillsEve

Join the club! A couple of us have ordered the De'Ath head as well! (Although mine's not with faceup.) I'll be interested to see what the pink skin looks like because I have a feeling that I'm going to like a lot of this artist's sculpts! :XD:

I think that a couple more photos of Batman have been added to Musen Musen's Flickr for a couple days now. I added another link next to his name!

7. Musen Musen's Instagram has updated with a new version of the UniverseDoll body with a 3-part torso and new hands!

#27 americanseamstress, Jun 20, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    8. @Lirin

Oh good, the Etsy is going to be stocking more items. Perhaps I will take this opportunity to order some more hands...

On another note:

It's funny someone has revived the thread today, as I was finally able to collect my UniverseDoll order (both De'Ath heads and body). I added the body, and I think now I wish I had waited for the one with the hip joint! I may see whether I can order the parts for it later.

The body has a distinctive look, but the hands, feet, and body are wonderfully sculpted. I'll be posting a box opening thread with more photos, but both the hand and feet joint have a locking system for the strangely-elongated s hooks to make removing hands and feet much easier.

I didn't take pictures of the heads on the body, as they're for two different characters, but here are a couple photos. I'll link to my box opening when I post it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#29 americanseamstress, Jul 2, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    9. @americanseamstress Wow! About how long did it take for him to arrive, what was customs like? I'm stuck between a Zacharias and a DZ Morley, but I really like the Zacharias body/head better (plus it has pointed ears).

10. @NekoMida

I don't think the box stayed in customs for more than a day or so--being in the US (I see you are too (?)), I don't really notice boxes staying very long (probably because I'm not being charged!)

It's actually worse for me if the box arrives through New Jersey (after customs) instead of New York or Chicago. I've had packages get lost there and stay a week!

11. @americanseamstress I see you've already made a few comments about the body, but if you're ever up for making a more extensive review, I'm sure many would appreciate it! :wiggle I'm particularly interested in the balance of the body-- does it stand well?

And congrats on the new doll!!!

12. @Xila

Sure! If you (or others) would like to list what you want to see, I'd be glad to do it. I'm not with the body right now, but I can at least get it done by Tuesday.

I'll have to stand it again to see whether it's easy to balance, but once standing it seemed pretty sturdy.

13. Great to hear, @americanseamstress !!! Besides standing, i'd also be interested in seeing how close the knees can be drawn up to the chest... but that's about it! Maybe someone else will chime in with other things :) Take your time, I'm just casually curious! This company has a lot of interesting stuff.

14. @Xila

The photo of the contorted body above shows how far the legs can be bent toward the torso. In my box opening thread, which I linked above as well, I state that it's about a 45 degree angle from the torso. Did you want to know how much it can be forced, because that's how far it goes unaided?

15. @Xila

The body is a sturdy stander and can sort of just be plopped down--the legs do not need to be very far apart, but they cannot be touching. The body will not stand on one leg.
      [​IMG]

Here's another
      [​IMG]

I'd still be happy to show you how close the knees can be drawn up--just tell me how it's different from the photo above. The feet aren't sticky enough to force the knee any closer to the chest than 45 degrees (see above) due to their force downward on carpet.

16. @americanseamstress YAY thank you!!! :D Love that lotus pose-- he does it really well!!!

I did see the photo above, and in the box opening-- now I can't remember why i asked again, haha! :? I must've forgotten that I already knew. Thank you for that, too!

It's definitely a nice-looking body!!!

17. @Xila

No problem!

I wondered if maybe you were thinking about sueding, or forcing the leg to hold closer to the body through friction. That's why I said the force of the foot pressing on the carpet wasn't enough (but maybe with shoes?).

The mobility joint is a hemisphere, so a kip or sueding might help too. I don't own kips, and I don't like to hot glue suede, but if I get kips I'll be sure to try it.

18. The limited guy Blanc looks beautiful! I wonder if he's going to be available on the 3 part torso body.... I'm very tempted by this one, and there is time to save up, but. My icon guy still needs a new body. Idk. But universe doll has a special aesthetic, something that seems to set it a bit apart.

19. Wow! Blanc is lovely! I love the eyes and how young he looks!

I contacted UniverseDoll recently and was told that the three-part torso is always an option--and I think they stated that it doesn't actually cost more than the 2 part torso!