1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. thank you both! :thumbup
      a while back i tried with Christina, but at the time UD wasn't producing them. Since Lady R was able to get some recently, maybe we are back in business now! of course, i can't really do a body right now, i'm in pretty deep with some other things :doh
      i'd almost bet everything i've been looking for is about to materialise out of the woodwork just to spite me :lol:

2. OK double post for a good cause :XD:

i got a response back from Christina by email and she is able to sell the jointed hands separately of buying a body :thumbup.
      thanks for bringing it up @marci12 :)

3. Heartbreak! I tried to order an Assassino head from Clover-Singing and Christina told me that Universedoll does not sell heads separately. I am confused and disappointed, from this thread it seemed that they never had that sales policy previously. I'm a repeat customer with Christina and have always had good experiences before, so I don't think there would be a personal reason for her to turn down my request, but I'm not sure what to think. I did not press her for further details or clarification because I did not want to waste her time :(

Additionally, it is probably not relevant, but I just placed an order for a Universedoll body last month... That does not appear to have created any exception or help for me with this purchase request :frownyblush: If I had any idea that they would not sell the heads separately, I would have bought a full doll in January, even if at that time I had no plans for the head!!

4. Aww I'm sorry that happened Gamine- I know you can buy some of their heads separately through Stacys Pink Ocean (maybe some taobao sites too but not certain). In Stacy's Pink Ocean, you have to go to their Artist Head section. They only have a few heads and I don't remember if these heads you can buy as a full doll too. But yes, as far as I know, they sell as a whole.

5. @krystina Thank you so much for your help, and your kind words! This has been a good reminder for me to do my own research instead of relying on my own assumptions and (mis)interpretations of all the awesome information that I find here on DOA. I checked Stacy's; I will not be able to get the head I wanted, but I really appreciate the tip. At this point, I'm chalking this up to fate and deciding that this wasn't meant to be; there are lots of beautiful sculpts out there and I'm sure I'll find the right one eventually <3

6. @Gamine of course :hug: And no worries, I know DoA is an awesome source for info and advice and I also (as many others here I'm sure) have made purchases we've regretted later. I've been in the hobby for like 15 years I think and I still struggle to find the right doll :XD: Good luck and happy hunting!

7. @krystina After a good night's sleep, it dawned on me that the Universedoll body that I ordered is perfect for a character whose head I've wanted to try sculpting myself for the past year, and is in fact the reason I became interested in dolls in the first place :love Now I have the motivation to get started on my dream project! This somehow all worked out perfectly, I feel very lucky that my sequence of mistakes turned into accidental good fortune. Thanks for helping me see this situation in a positive light :hug:

8. @Gamine lol love that you have a plan coming together from something unintentional :XD: I'd love to see your sculpt when you're making it or when completed - maybe you'll end up being a doll-maker :D Hehee no worries I'm glad you were able to find something good out of this "accident" :whee:

9. @krystina Absolutely, I would love to share the process!! I enjoy maintaining project journals, so I'm tentatively planning to create one in the doll-making subforum once I begin this sculpt. I'm itching to get started but I'm right in the middle of some massive sewing projects, so I'm trying to focus on completing that first.... so many projects, so little time :blush

10. that's unexpected, cause i bought my Death as head directly from them:nowords: i placed my order on their Taobao page

11. Poor Alsop has like no owner pics. Even browsing through Musen's weibo until my browser froze trying to load it all I only found like, four lol.

So in the interest of variety I'll share my own!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. @Atzend thanks for sharing!!! I 100% agree we need more owner pics from this company; they have so many beautiful sculpts and I can't find many pics of them on IG or here.

Their weibo has some owner pics that I check periodically though :). A gorgeous video of someone's Baihu!!!

My first Universe Doll, Baihu in pink skin, is shipping soon!! I believe this was a sculpt designed with Mori 9. I'll post many pics when he arrives, lol.

#412 marci12, Apr 24, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    13. Absolutely!! I love the sculpts and the artists Universedoll works with so seeing few owner pics is a bit sad! Gotta contribute how I can haha.

Congrats on your soon to be new arrival!! Bai Hu is another gorgeous sculpt you don't see much of so I'm excited for you!!

14. I was browsing Legend Doll and someone asked if the head can be purchased for Universe Doll's new doll, Li Xia. It looks like you can order just the head :D Maybe Universe is going to start allowing head only orders (please I hope :eusa_pray) - I submitted a question if head only purchases apply to all the dolls on Legend Doll. I'll post the answer here when they post the answer.

15. Super fast reply :chibi

“Hello, just a follow up question to previous inquiry. Can any of the heads be purchased from Universe Doll or just Li Xia? I'd love to have Yuyuan head only. Thank you.”
      We reply you as follows:
      “Hello
      Thank you for your inquiry.
      Sorry some of the head can not be purchased separately.
      Yuyuan head can not be purchased separately.
      Please feel free to contact us for more questions.
      Best regards,
      Erica”

16. @Gamine - clover singing just listed all the US Doll heads can be bought separately during summer event, and 20% off plus a few other resin colours. i hope the one you want is included. :thumbup

17. lol I was just about to post this :D yes I wrote to Christina if she could post Lu Zimo and Yu Yuan and told her I'd buy one of them when she they have another event. Now I don't have to choose, I'm thinking to Layaway Yu Yuan and get Zimo head and maybe Lu Qicheng if I'm feeling greedy :chibi

18. :lol: i want to get some UD bodies and heads... but everything cool is happening all at the same time...
      i need to make a priority list :wiggle

19. I have Yu Yuan doll and a Lu Zimo head on layaway :chibi Blank Yu is so adorable and I like Lu's unusual face in the promo pics. I can't wait to paint them although it probably won't be for awhile.

20. @Grimalkin @krystina Ah, you lovely wonderful enablers!! :whee: I will need to have a long hard think about whether I want to get a head for my poor headless UD body... this is an unusual opportunity so I'm probably going to cave :lol: Can't wait to see all the new acquisitions, there is a serious lack of UD owner pics out there so I'm always desperate for content!