1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. I'm here for that gang. Looking at my entire doll collection, you'd think I already have more than enough pouty lipped boys around here. Frowny and/or pouty seem to be my theme. :sweat

Yeah, my wife and I wanted to get one of each for our twins Kyros and Lysander (they used to be twin LLT Roderichs but the sculpt was repurposed to reshell their uncle Tyrian). To fit in with their family in doll form they need to look like something that fits between an LLT and a Soom sculpt. We really like Bailu and Canglang but what if Mori9 rereleases Veles and Austaras? And Mori is working on a big boy body too. He doesn't rerelease very much so that may be a pipe dream and the first order was such a bloodbath. But then this event pricing is so good, buying Bailu and Canglang is almost a two for one deal.

Also also, though I do have one 80cm doll he's not as bulky and heavy as a lot of the buff 75cms I've handled. Bailu might just be too much doll for me.

I just don't know what to do @__@, run around in circles and cry a little I guess. :pout:

2. You can never have too many frowny or pouty boys! That's my gang too (and one winky boy?) everyone is just so p-offed all the time! I adore Baihu and Canglang together, but I haven't seen Mori9 re-release dolls (maybe they have and I missed it?). But the order for Veles and Austaras was a hot mess. The email dedicated to the order function went down for a bit, so I know that people were sending orders multiple ways. I'm sure that the traffic alone was way more than they ever intended for it to be, and I know that some people weren't to thrilled about not getting chosen in the order. I didn't know that he was working on a body, I'm anxious to see the outcome of that! There's a lot of his heads that I would love to see him collaborate with UD on to make more accessible for the normies (me) who can't always rush the order form.

Ugh, my credit card is looking pretty bare right now. Maybe I can pop one on there? :doh I shouldn't though.

3. *me sitting here contemplating taking one for the team* If I did buy one it would just be the head for now, as I would want to put him on a different body. I've been interested in the new DF-H 72cm body.

I also tried for them and also got diddly squat.:atremblin

4. @idrisfynn lol I agree with @Angelesk - can never have too many pouty boys :D … lol I just realized tho I have smilies on layaway :XD:. Now I HAVE to put a 3rd head in the cart- just need to decide Fengniao, the other one, or the newest boy :blush Baihu and Canglang so pretty but I’m afraid they’re too big for me. I’ll have to admire from afar.

5. @Cloudedmind He has a really pretty jawline! We'll have to look out for more pictures of him!
      @krystina Ohhh! so many! Let us know who you decide on!

6. Wow I agree with Angelesk, he has a pretty jawline - so angular :blush And that profile is so amazing. I've noticed that with UD dolls. Most amazing profiles :love

7. Oh! Interesting! Thank you so much for finding those photos @Cloudedmind

8. I also found some owner photos of Blind Buttefly on Weibo: 微博国际版
      Maybe they will tempt somebody :)

9. Oh! He's lovely! Thank you for sharing those pics @Dei :chocoheart

10. @Dei Those are probably some of the best pictures I've seen of his face! I personally am not "smitten" with him. But he's very pretty, I think that with the right faceup he could be incredibly beautiful. I do love his jawline, but something about his forehead makes his face look somewhat flat? Perhaps it's the angle that he's at in the picture.

11. You're welcome guys!

@Dei Thanks for that link!

I like his face, but I think I can hold off for now.

12. Has anyone ordered from them somewhat recently and can give a wait time estimate? I'm wanting to get a tan Chris-Lust ^^

13. I wouldn't say it's super recent, but I ordered at the beginning of this year and my order was ready in a month and a half!! I hadn't even finished my layaway yet!

Universedoll doesn't seem to be a very in-demand company (which is a shame, as the work their sculptors do is phenomenal!) so it doesn't seem that their order backlog is very big.

14. That's great to hear! :0 What did you order, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm hoping my order will be done in a reasonable amount of time (hopefully sometime around/before Christmas, but I won't die if it turns out to be longer). I've had multiple 10+ month waits this past year, haha, so I'd rather not have another that long any time soon.

And I totally agree that they should be more popular! Their sculpts are really gorgeous :D

15. Definitely!! They really are an underrated company, their sculptors are all so talented!

I'd ordered (human) Alsop in normal skin so I can see a tan skin potentially taking longer, but overall it seems like Universedoll has a quick turnaround time! (I also ordered through Christina/Newcloversinging so she was quicker to ship than I've experienced with say Legenddoll).

16. That's great to hear! I'm ordering through Christina as well ^^

17. whelp. i'm in too. Canglang, and couldn't pass up the sale for floating heads for De'Ath... i did a layaway, so it will be a while i think.

18. I placed a layaway order through Clover-Singing and UD has my order ready to ship to me :D My layaway isn’t even finished yet :XD: I have 2 more payments to go but I think I’ll just pay the whole amount in the middle of September :blush

19. Bump for more doll pics :chibi