1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. Musen Musen/WoodForestDoll's Etsy shop is now selling heads only and full dolls for Shock Zacharias, Lindberg (The Batman), De'Ath, and Blanc.

2. Since it's been almost a week, I thought I'd revive this thread with a picture of my hybrid: UniverseDoll De'Ath in white skin on a FantasiaDoll muscle body in tan (the head will be airbrushed or dyed to match).

It looks like I have another project started...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I love the deer sculpt with the cleft upper lip, it's a very unique concept, very delicate body too

4. I was on a dyeing kick and dye-matched all my resin that was waiting. My Dollshe Arsene/Dollstown hybrid hands from Doll Legend got dyed, and my UniverseDoll heads as well.

Here she is:
      [​IMG]
      Petra is on the FantasiaDoll Muscle body

I think this is the best dye job I've ever done. I'm really proud of the masked (liquid latex/masking fluid/frisket) skull/dead/zombie head:
      [​IMG]

Some parts had dye soak through the masking fluid where it was thin, but the edges are all very sharp, and I was able to get some very narrow crags (like the crack in her forehead).

5. Gosh @americanseamstress yes! Your dye job is perfect! The head looks like it came with the body. Awesome! I love Friskit. I used it a lot for watercolor painting. Thank you for your experiment, because now I know it can be used on resin. I'm was hoping I could use it for face ups when I get an airbrush. I didn't see any reason it wouldn't work, but even with dye, wow.

6. @kurogane

Yes! Frisket can be used on resin (just do yourself a favor and buy a color that doesn't match the resin--I chose white and it's the worst). I used this technique earlier for my Prometheus, who has a more extensive resist dyeing.

It will hold on to the resin and prevent it from being dyed so long as it is thick enough to provide a solid barrier. Multiple layers with drying in between is essential.

7. It looks like UniverseDoll has released another deer doll: Ampil. A sibling for Shock Zacharias, perhaps?

I'm in the midst of determining which route to go for my De'Ath's wardrobe: Victorian or high middle ages/Islamic empire. I had this nice character planned out and now every time I look at her I see her in a lacy dress. The lace will need to be dyed darker to match the silk (which is why I'm in this mess to begin with--the variegated silk is lovely) regardless of who wears it, but I need to know who wears it in order to making clothing that fits!.
      [​IMG]

8. Wow, De'Ath makes an amazing lady, and what a fantastic dye job! This is so great. The male body looks really good in owner photos too, I like the subtle sculpting of the torso... you know how some guy dolls have 6 to 8 rectangles carved in there and a randomly placed navel

9. Thanks! I really love this head as a girl as well (although I'm hoping to see others interpretations--as guys or gals really)!

I love the sculpting of the body--it has some really nice design features and detailing (as you've noted the abdomen, and I really have a weakness for the hands) as well as some interesting engineering (you can lock the elongated s-hooks in the hands and feet to change the hands/feet).

I'm adding my other UniverseDoll head here, as I somehow forgot to include it, despite posting this right after dyeing it! :doh

Here's my Blanc head on a Loongsoul 62cm body, (I like him as a younger character.)
      [​IMG]

10. Oh! I didn't realize there was a Universe Doll thread!
      Hello! ^___^

It's great to see some dolls already home to people!

I have the Musen hands with the eyes already home, and I'm waiting on a full doll (De'Ath skull version). I'm going to hybrid the body, but I'm planning to have fun with the skull head and make it into a broken nutcracker automaton.

I was so excited when I saw this company. I'm so in love with the style of hands!

11. @Lady Ravenswood
      I love the skull head! What resin color did you order for the body and the head?

I also look forward to seeing your nutcracker! Is it a sentient nutcracker or more of a mechanical turk? What a cool idea!

12. @americanseamstress

I ordered De'Ath in normal yellow, as I think it will be the best match for the head I want to hybrid with (crosses fingers). My hope is that it will only take a little blushing to match.

And thank you! I've been reading my daughter a book of the Nutcracker ballet a lot lately, hehe, and the idea stemmed from there. So the idea is something around a broken automaton that was made by Herr Drosselmeyer. I want to give the broken face a high color, porcelain feeling and add in some metallic accents to the skull underneath (like brass). Since the Nutcracker turns into a Prince in the story, I thought it was interesting for him to have a skull underneath the broken porcelain. Also, those big teeth! ^_~

13. @Lady Ravenswood

The Nutcracker! My sister loved that story--we went to see the ballet in our city a couple times. It's beautiful!

14. Yes, I've really been entranced all over again after reading the story so many times! Hehe. Since I have other plans for the body I thought maybe a broken automaton would be a good backstory for a floating head. :lol:

Also, I have to say, the dye job you did came out SO lovely on those heads. I'm really interested to see how your lady comes out. ^__^

Ahhh! I want my guy to ship already! Hehe.

15. @Lady Ravenswood

Thank you! I really like how the resist dye turned out on the skull head!

And I hope you receive your head quickly--it's really well sculpted!

16. I've been looking at links from the first page to keep myself from going crazy while I wait. Hehe. ;)
      Thanks for posting all those goodies! :bcake

Hmm...but I think the link about 5th Motif fit might be a bit confusing. The Venitu in those photos really looks to be on the Timeless body (they are 5th Motif hands for sure) and I think it's an IOS Sezz (maybe?) on the Universe Doll body?

It's actually really cool to see the two hands together!!
      Ack! I'm so excited. I have a Venitu and I'm so in love with that style of hands now. Hehe. I was so happy to see another company doing something similar in the hand area.
      Ok well, now I'm apparently just going to bounce around in impatience. Haha. I'm just super in love with the sculpting from Universe Doll and it's making me all antsy. :sweat

17. Sure. ^__^
      I can pop my Venitu head on the Universe Doll body once it arrives too!

18. Hi!
      When I saw Blanc, I'm fall in love this sculpt and bought him in a moment! I don't know what body need for this head, cause I don't saw hybrids of this company yet. For good luck, I had Immortality of Soul doll on 70cm body in white skin and order head in milky white. And I want to say - it's amazing hybrid!
      [​IMG]1-2 by jack sea, on Flickr

19. Nice, @jack_sea
      The Blanc head is really lovely. ^__^
      Can't wait to see what you do with him! Looks like the resin match is pretty much perfect.

Aaaaaaand!
      My Nutcracker is here!

[​IMG]

I need to paint him and I have some fun ideas for accessories I can make, but I managed to pull together a dang decent outfit from items I already had! Wooohoo! Hehe. I'm really happy with this outfit. Hm...have to figure out what I want to do about boots. Anyway...

And due to a series of events he will get to keep this body all to himself.
      (Can I just say that Universe Doll and Stacy's Pink Ocean are both awesome and their customer service is super amazing. I kinda legit cried with how nice they both are. :chocoheart)