1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoa Light 26cm Tiny Discussion Part 1

Nov 29, 2005

1. Wow, - I had no idea there was a unoa light thread until I noticed it bumped up, - only two pages since it was started in 2005... I think we should nurture this poor thread :D
      I have a unoa fluorite, and I love her! I bought her off the marketplace a while back, and have had a great time making her clothes from the pattern mooks. Momoko sized patterns generally work, although a little wide across the shoulders.
      As far as shoes go, I haven't found many options for her big feet that I like... but the ones I have come across are from hotdotzblythe on ebay. The mary jane ones are my fav. I will try take some pics when the weather clears a bit.
      For her small feet, there are more options. Many Blythe size shoes fit the small feet. Unfortunately the momoko shoes do not, as her feet are too wide (really disappointed in that one!!). If anyone has any luck finding nice fitting shoes for the big feet, I would be grateful for info!

I need to take some more recent photos of my girl, - this thread is just the motivation, but for now, here is an older pic of Sophie to boost the thread. The dress she is wearing is a unoa light/momoko pattern from a mook, and her shoes are lati yellow sized from ruby red galleria. They fit her small feet nicely and don't look too out of proportion.

[​IMG]
      Little lady by *alexisbears*, on Flickr

2. Oh i didnt know the feet she comes with are two different size xD.
      Thats good to know though, i was just about to buy some momoko/blythe shoes.
      Im going to be placing an order with Clear-lan soon, once i figure out exactly what i want.

But i love your Sophie, alexisbears.
      When i looked for unoa fluorite on flickr, i always see your photos!
      She is so cute~ And i love her faceup soo much~

I have some momoko patterns i bought but i have no idea how to sew them together.
      Never could understand patterns ;-;

Oh and what size eyes do you prefer in your girl?

3. Yes, normal proportioned feet (the big ones) and freaky stumpy shortened ones! Don't get open toe shoes for that size, - they are seriously weird looking XD When you put lati yellow/Blythe sized shoes on them though, the shoes tend to look in proportion. Her legs are so long though, that if you get boots, look for the longest ones you can. It's personal preference I guess, but I find the shorter ones look a bit too short on her.

I desperately want to go shopping at Clear-Lan for Sophie, but I fear that when I start choosing items, I may not be able to stop... so have to save up some dedicated funds first! They have such cute clothes! When you order... just be mindful that momoko have really skinny legs, so tighter fitting pants may not work so well (I don't know this from experience, but I'm pretty sure I've read it somewhere...)

I'm not sure about eyes... Sophie came with dark blue glass eyes, and I haven't felt the need to change them. I don't know for sure what size they are, but they look about the same as the 6mm ones I have in my pukis and elfdoll tiny. I wouldn't want to go any bigger than 6mm.

4. Oh darn i was so close, i have 2 pairs of 8mm xD The one i got does come with some though so i will compare them together xD.

And i didnt even think about Momoko's legs being skinnier! xD; theres one pair of jeans i want to try at least, might stick to leggings and shorts/dresses/skirts then xD
      I was just gonna get like 1 type of clothing, and see what fits before i spend too much xD.

I have 2 pairs of latY/momoko boots i cant wait to try. I am so excited :3

OH! Wigs.... are they like size 4/5? or 3?

I looked, but there isnt a measurement guide for this dollies anywhere?
      (And when i google i just keep getting the plastic version xD)

5. They have tiny little noggins, too! Mine all wear 3/4 wigs.

Here are the measurements--I'm pretty sure these are correct!
      http://moeeeh.wordpress.com/retired-bjds/u-noa-light/

Oh! And as for eyes: they have a special eye mechanism inside their heads that takes these special flat eyes called 'boat eyes' or 'funagata eyes'. (The kits originally came with two pairs, brown and blue.) If you putty the boat eyes into the mechanism, the Light can look from side to side if you turn her head! You can also use ordinary flat-back 6mm eyes in there, too, but the fit is less exact.

6. Gallye I just checked and that matches what I have written down.

7. Do the measurements differ much between the resin and vinyl version?

What kind of patterns are they? I'd love to help out if I can.

8. The plastic is bust 10.5 waist6.8 and hips 11. It's also a little taller at 27cm - so the biggest significant diff is in the waist. I think the legs are also a bit skinnier. .There's a pattern for the plastic version in DollyBird 10 (the lingerie edition). It's actually a really handy mook as it lists measurements for a whole slew of bjd and other dolls. There's also an awsome photo of two 1.5s along with a second and a zero in a bedroom. The zero is lounging on a bed along with the fluorite and the fluorite looks like her dolly!

9. Okay, I have a few questions about my girl.
      I took her face off to wipe the old faceup and do a new one, however.. i can not for the light of me, get that mouth piece out... is there some sort of trick to it?
      Or do you think itd be okay if i just left it in?

Also, i was going to put her smaller feet on, but there isnt anything inside the feet to attack the hook onto, do i need to put that in there myself?
      Should i use gorilla glue or hot glue? I noticed tho on the other pieces, that you can see the wire on the outside through the resin

omg shes so tiny and cute~

10. Teeth part is an horrible thing, when it's on is REALLY difficult to put it off...

As a kit they do not arrive with anything to attach hook, so you will have to drill a hole (there is a tiny one, not totally open) and then put wire inside.

Thank for my Unoa family, they are sadly waiting for me to finish custom' ><

11. :D Yeah i manged to (painfully) get wires in there for her small feet.
      I decided just to leave the teeth part in because my fingers hurt already xD

I had a cute pair of latiyellow jean shorts leftover from my last lati.
      And i got them on her xD but she couldnt sit in them! they are cute tho~

[​IMG]
      Skadi by Sanngridr, on Flickr

Here she is in a momoko shirt i had, and a wig she came with.

12. And here is mine with her custo ^^

[​IMG]

I really like those dolls, they do pose very well, are so thin and graceful... they look so alive!

13. Hello everyone! I have long dreamed of a little girl! They are very, very rare! please tell me - why my elbows girls pink? They vary in color from the main body (. This is very frustrating ... I look at pictures - the other dolls elbows normal color!):(

14. There were two editions of Unoa Lights: ones with pink elbows and one with normal colored elbows. Your doll is designed so that when blushed the joints don't lose the color when in use, but I understand it may be frustrating if you don't plan to give your doll a body blush.

15. Hello! I have always lusted after these cute little ones, can someone please enlighten me on what "Unoa Lite/Light" is in Japanese, so I can search her up on YJA, etc? Thank you! :D

Nevermind, I think I've got it: ??? ??? ??? ???????

I need one of these girls!

16. Hi) I'm a little gay theme! Don't know why it's all so quiet(((( do we have on the forum, there are few beautiful girls, as Unoa baby)))). Long time I have gathered all my girl and got her first photo shoot. Here she is still without make, but recently I drew her face! Later show you! she was even more beautiful)))) And girlfriend tied to us as a gift two dresses!) Sorry for my English...I'm not good at writing but I can show my girl:

[​IMG] http://i056.radikal.ru/1401/b8/53bde94aec5d.jpg
      http://i058.radikal.ru/1401/cd/e001eb722de4.jpg

Thank you I have no Flickr.....I show you a photo of my baby)))

http://s003.radikal.ru/i204/1401/90/80f0eda38674.jpg
      http://s005.radikal.ru/i210/1401/5f/7ed4fcaff94c.jpg
      http://s019.radikal.ru/i634/1401/4a/8745c4f25acf.jpg

17. Oh my gosh, My Azurite is at home!! Words can't express-!! I will have to take a million photos tomorrow! Wee!~

Edit:

And there he is! :D These dolls are really art, such gorgeous sculpting~

[​IMG]
      U-noa Light Azurite Is Home! by Orangey34, on Flickr

18. He's just adorable, Orangey34! I love his hat, and that cardigan you have on him--can I ask where you got it?

I also have shoe news, for those of you who have resin Fluorites with the smaller foot parts! I bought some Blythe/Momoko flat shoes from dollyTown on Etsy, and they arrived today, and they are SUPER TINY, not chunky and oversized like most Blythe shoes. In fact, they are so tiny--so closely fitted to the Momoko foot--that they don't fit most of my mature tinies. They do, however, fit on the smaller Unoa Light foot!

I can confirm that these little spectator flats fit, and so do these chained flats. They are slightly tight, but I was able to put them on with minimal wriggling, and at no point did I feel like I was going to break the foot or the shoe.

I was also able to put her in the punk-style riveted high heels, although I don't know how well she'd stand in those!

19. Gallye: Thanks a ton! He's so cute for sure! The cardigan is from Who's That Girl I believe, for the male dolls? Or perhaps it's female size. Not sure since I bought it secondhand. And the hat is for Licca-chan ;-).

Fantastic shoe news, thanks for the tips! My boy has absolutely no shoes, even the small feet seem big for some Licca sized shoes I have here. Got to do more experimenting.

Do you have pictures of your Unoa Lights, I'd love to see! :D :D

Okay, I heard that Momoko clothing is supposed to fit the Lights, so I bought some TTYA pants and it was a big disappointment, the pants are like huge! The waist is too big. I wish they were made with a velcro or clasp fastening at the back, maybe the fit would be better. Azurite's waist is the size of a vinyl Licca or Blythe doll's waist, I would've thought Momoko would be as slim, but the waist of those pants are oversized.

Well, the search continues...~