1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoa Light 26cm Tiny Discussion Part 1

Nov 29, 2005

1. I am glad I found this thread! I now too have one of these elusive Unoa Fluorite girls. I actually had her for a while now but I finally had a chance to cleaned her up because her blush was too much for me. Sadly, when I clean her up her blush was actually hiding a lot of sad dings and small chunks off her. :( I guess I will have to sand those little bits off to make her whole again. I can't wait to restring her though. She couldn't stand to save her life beforehand!

[​IMG]

... and now she is whole again after I removed the blush and sanded off most of the dings. Some of the dings I found out is just bad casting (resin bubbles) and can't be sanded off without removing a lot of resin on the side. I think I will just leave those alone. Now that she is at a fresh state I can't wait to see what she will become! :3

2. Oh wow, great to see your girl, Gamekitty! Glad you've given her some TLC, these girls definitely deserve it, the Lights are such lovely little things! :D Please continue to share pictures of your girl in the future ;D

By the way, yes, I've heard that a lot of them have small air bubbles. If I remember correctly, they even tell you how to fill them? But I forgot now :p

[​IMG]
      Better Together ? por Orangey34, en Flickr

My two darlings are finally together! I'm so happyyyyy! I'm already plotting their personalities and backstories. The name Kiko keeps sticking in my head for Fluorite, I think something cute and short would suit her. I'll have to go searching the Japanese baby name websites again, heheh.

But really, the Unoa Lights have the most beautiful bodies, they are such delicate little things. Araki is a genius, the dolls are gorgeous~

3. Hi everyone!
      I wanted to share our (my mom and me) Rivella with you, he is the Azurite. He is so adorable and incredibly well made, I just love his little nose!
      [​IMG]

Our little Schweppes arrived today as well YAY (she is the Fluorite). We've been looking for her for so long and are thrilled that she's here at long last :D

Sadly, her teeth part is missing, altough it was clearly depicted in the auction :(
      We've already contacted our shopping agent, but I don't think we will ever see it, it's such a tiny part that easily gets lost. That's a bit of a problem I don't quite know how to solve yet.

But, she is so cute that it won't get us down. We will have the time to put her together this weekend, we're a bit too busy right now.

4. GameKitty: Thanks a bunch! Good luck finding your Azurite! Two is more fun than one! Not to mention three... four... you get the gist, haha. By the way, does your Fluorite's legs stay slightly open like that (in your photo)? Mine does that aswell, I just find it interesting because my Azurite doesn't have a problem closing his. Maybe because he's a bit more loosely strung? :O

ThinkPink: Wow, what a fun boy! Rainbow kid! :D I'm happy to see more Lights around, let's just revive the thread as if it's 2005 again, hahaha. Congratulations on your new Fluorite too! You know, actually I saw that auction, unfortunately because it was in Japanese it's difficult for us foreigners to pick up all that they say in the description, but I did an online translation at the time and it mentioned that the teeth part was missing, they lost it after taking the photos. I hope that you can find a way to make her some teeth, it's something really small and not too noticeable so maybe makeshift clay teeth could work? :p But still, what a happy moment, I know what it's like to pine after Fluorite and finally get her, mine arrived yesterday =D. Please share your girl once you and your mother have put her together! Oh, and if I could be so greedy, I'd love to see a snapshot or two of her in the process of being put together! Not like a tutorial, just a pic or two. Thanks if you can! ;)

5. I've always just used white Blu-tack for teeth on my Fluorite. The original teeth part is so tiny I'm not sure if I have it anymore... ^^;

6. Orangey34: Lucky you! Congratulations on finding a girl! I am looking every day on noppin trying to find him. Where did you find your new girl? I think my girl just end up spread out like that. I think it needs a restringing.

Thinkpink!: What a unique little guy! That is sad about the mouth piece, but you know it is probably better off without it. Once you put it in it is forever stuck. That is the problem with the mouthpiece. At least with the white tac you can take it out.

7. Uninu: Oh really, yours too? Hehe. I bet the blue-tac works totally fine for the teeth, her little mouth is so small. That's a good suggestion!

GameKitty: Thank you!! I found both of my Lights from DoA actually! :p I've been hunting around on other sites too but DOA is the only place I've seen them for sale other than ThinkPink's doll from Japan =). Eventually an Azurite will show up, fingers crossed! ;D

So, have you all had much luck finding shoes for these dolls? I've gotten one suggestion which is Who's That Girl (WTG) shoes, I haven't bought any yet :P

8. I found my girl from DoA too! I saw that same girl on Noppin too, but I figured that I already have a girl and don't need another one. :) I just need 1 of each Araki sculpts except for Unoa girls apparently, but that is for a different thread. Haha...

As for shoes, I have WTG shoes in the garage but haven't tried them yet. I heard that for the bigger feet you can try Licca/Blythe shoes or Momoko boots.

9. It's funny to see the difference between the MSD dollies and the little Lights, lol, I usually collect in 1/6th size so the size is just right for me, but beside the bigger ones they seem so teeny! I imagine Araki sculpting those little faces and fiddling with all of the little parts in the head :P

Oh, please let us know how it goes with the WTG shoes when you have a chance to try them!

By the way, for the bigger feet, Licca/Blythe or Momoko will be too small unfortunately, their feet and ankles are a little bigger than Barbie's feet but not much :). Maybe I'll experiment with the smaller feet though, some shoes might fit! ;D

Just bought my dolls some new clothes, can't wait for them to arrive! I have to go wig hunting too, somebody suggested 4" Parabox wigs, have to check it out! (And then hopefully my wallet can rest in peace for a while, haha)

10. All right, here is my verdict on the shoe. I have a lot of 1/6 scale dolls, probably one of each at this point. I got an Annz, a Momoko, a Pullip, a Blythe, a Jenny, and a Licca. I also have an obitsu body as well. You can find pics of my trials on my flickr. I have way too many pictures to fit them here:

Licca shoes (the soft ones) fit the best. I have 2 pairs of them (one from the official Licca doll and one from a Blythe girl) and they fit perfectly without any problems. The rest, however is no go. Sandals, the harder shoes, etc you just can't shove their feet into them. Here is my gold pair from a Blythe on my girl:

[​IMG]

WTG shoes does not fit the small nor the big feet. I tried. I can't shove the small ones in. Their feet are just too wide, both big and small.

Some Momoko shoes fit the small feet of Unoa girls, BUT only the sandals, and they do not look good because the small foot is so short for Unoa girls. The boots and their other shoes are also no good (can't stick their feet into them.)

Blythe shoes are definitely no good unless they are Licca shoes, above UNLESS they are soft with zippers. I got a pair from a rare Blythe girl that fits perfectly, but ya... generally Blythes don't have this kind of shoes.

Unfortunately those popular flat Barbie shoes that are popular with 1/6 scale girls are also no good for our Unoa girls. Their feet won't get into them. :'(

Some of those boots you find on eBay for Blythes/Momokos (the cloth ones) will probably fit Unoa boys/girls, but my only worry about those is because the hook is very fragile (unless you changed the hooks) it will be very hard to take off without ripping the foot off or changing the S hook shape.

So a recap:

- Soft Licca shoes work perfectly without problems.
      - Cloth/leather boots where you can loosen the boot lace to fit the feet into it carefully will work as long as you are aware that you have to be careful of the feet getting stuck inside.
      - Momoko Birkenstocks fit but it is too long for Unoa's small feet (and will not fit into the large feet)
      - The rest are no good :( (WTG, Blythe, Momoko, Pullip, Licca hard shoes)

I hope this helps!

11. Awesome, thanks for the detailed assessment! I have a lot of Licca shoes so I'll definitely be trying them on to see which fit!

Ah, WTG shoes don't fit. Are they the girl shoes, I wonder if the male shoes would work?

Thanks for the helpful information since the Lights have unique body proportions that can be hard to fit!

I took some time to try on some Blythe and Licca sized clothing that I have on my girl and generally everything fits except that with some clothing, the hands won't go through the arm holes. I have that issue with my vinyl Azone Pure Neemo bodies as well, but the PN hands are very easy to take off and put on, so it's a simple fix. Not so much with Unoa although it can be done for sure. But generally, Blythe and Licca clothes are a bit oversized even for Licca so I prefer the slimness of Momoko clothing. Bratz pants also fit well, except that the leg length is short :p.
      Also, Unoa Light's legs are shorter than some other fashion dolls like Fashion Royalty, so I found that the pants were too long, and also the feet couldn't go all the way through the leg hole, but the fit was otherwise good. Stockings similarly are too long, but things like socks and long "stocking socks" are okay. FR's feet are, of course, smaller than Unoa's big feet but you can get away with it.

[​IMG]
      "He's So Funny", She Said por Orangey34, en Flickr

I feel joy looking at these two. They have the sweetest faces, they're even cuter than I had imagined they would be~ =)

http://auctions.c.yimg.jp/img293.au...5/ame445-img548x600-1402406395na0yde26832.jpg

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/185481241

Wow, are the prices of the Lights really increasing this much? I thought in Japan at least you could still find them for lower prices, haha.

Is her buyer anyone in this thread? :)

12. *GULP*, GameKitty the price for that boy~! It's more than double what I paid for my boy... actually nearly triple. I guess because he is new and untouched, but even then, I believe the seller may eventually have to lower the price~

I was watching the girl auction too but I didn't see the ending. The last I saw, the price was 50,000 and I was sure that it would end around there, but I guess because these are so hard to find, any chance you can get to own one is a good chance. I have a feeling I'm going to have to stick with one Fluorite and Azurite, but I kind of like the idea of only having one of each anyway, heh.

13. Orangey34: I was actually up for that auction :X Towards the end there was a scruffle and the auction keeps getting extended by 5 minutes (a Yahoo Auction thing for those who are not aware of that feature. Was on the old Auction auctions too.) I am like... I am not going to wait for that to end.

And ya... the boy... I think I will just have to keep an eye on Yahoo Auctions for him to appear. I know that the rare Unoa Elder boy appears sometimes. If he appears sometimes (and he was only released once too) I am sure that an Unoa lite boy will appear sometimes too.

14. He'll definitely appear!

I just think that it's scary with deputy services nowadays, there's no way to escape the crazy bidding wars, lol. Everyone is desperate to own one of these dolls and somehow I think International fans are willing to pay even more than Japanese fans for Japanese goods, generally. I think the winner of the aforementioned Fluorite used Crescent shop's service since the winner's ID is "cre**"

But I'm sure you'll snag an Azurite eventually, hopefully soon! ;)

15. Ironically I might get my wish, and around my birthday too XD

But... I got a question though. Are the cat ears included in the Azurite? I saw one that includes a pair of getas but no ears? Just throwing it out there.

16. Heh I am the buyer of that Fluorite ^_^;

17. Oh, awesome Gamekitty, keep us updated! And yes, the cat ears are included with Azurite =). His ears are smaller than Fluorite's from what I see~

Cloudymoonx, heheh, congrats! ;D I hope we can see more of her, please share her when she arrives! :D Although I was previously talking about her price, but back in 2008 I remember inquiring about a Fluorite and the BIN was $800, so the price range is not unnatural =).

----

Anyway, I repainted my Fluorite (ugh, doing faceups is not my thing)

[​IMG]
      I & You por Orangey34, en Flickr

18. Orangey34, thank you! I was looking through this thread out of impatience and was a little surprised to find a link to that auction/people wondering who the buyer was! I'll definitely post photos when she arrives though I think I'm going to end up sending her off for a face-up pretty quickly (it's hard to tell what her current face up is really like though from the photos). Anyway I'm super excited! (And I hope nobody is mad at me for being the winner of the auction ^^; )

19. Congrats cloudymoonx! These are such fun little dolls, I'm glad you got one ^^