1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoa Light 26cm Tiny Discussion Part 1

Nov 29, 2005

1. Heheh, no way, don't worry! Everyone's time comes eventually, there can only be one winner at a time, haha :D I'm glad you won her so we can see pics! I can't wait to see her new faceup :3. I would send mine for a faceup too but I was trying to do it myself.... she may eventually be going to a pro though, hah~

2. Congratulations cloudymoonx! Glad to have another little girl on her way!

Orangey34: My girl is currently at a faceup artist's house. I got a friend that does all my little Unoas, but because she does all my Unoas she is on the queue :(

I did not win the little boy I was staring at because I left town :'( AND it also seems like the boy on eBay is no longer there either. I wonder where he went.

3. Ahh she arrived today! I'd post pictures but my camera is dead for some reason >_o She's in need of cleaning I think, and I want to have her face-up redone but I'm just excited she's here!

4. There's a Fluorite Auction on Y!J right now (shortly before ending though) - damn that I have no spending money atm or I'd be bidding!

5. Yay! I finally got a Azurite! I couldn't sleep all night and had to get him! I am so broke right now but you don't see 3 Azurites on 1 month just passing by like that, so I seized the opportunity and get him anyway. :3

6. Congratulations GameKitty, you won the Azurite! :D That's awesome, he's still new and everything ;D. I wonder who won the Fluorite~

7. Thanks! This upcoming month it have so many girls coming already! I just feel so bad but I am happy that my Unoa doll collection is almost complete! That is a relief! :)

8. I feel like my Fluorite's posing capabilities are sort of lacking... It's highly probably that she needs restringing/that the elastic is loose but is there anything else I can do to help her pose? Her arms sort of just snap into one or two different positions and it can be frustrating... I've never owned a doll this small before so I don't know if sueding/wiring is viable? Any thoughts?

9. Cloudymoonx: I have the same problem with my Fluorite. I just keep on restringing my girl, tightening the strings every time until she can pose norm. As for sueding, I am sure you can do that. Just don't glue any of the resin boys/girls together or you will never be able to restring them again! That is the only flaw of our favorite boys and girls. The bigger girls/boys can be glued together but not the little ones.

10. cloudymoonx, that elastic will be too big. Unoa Lights use elastic that is of even smaller circumference. Fabric shops and hobby shops are your best bet for getting the right stuff.

edited to add: Oh, I think Gamekitty meant that you should not glue the leg parts together. Unoa Lights have this peculiar mechanism where the thigh parts have been split to two. If you glue these parts together you won't be able to string your doll again.

11. Been lurking in the shadows for a bit, but just wanted to say everyone's girls and boys are so cute! We need more love for them.

Feeriya
      , they are wonderful! Much congratulations!

12. So i sent my Fluorite's (she's still lacking a name :( I'm thinking "Lilja" though) face off to Caroline at Viridian House for a new face-up and she recently uploaded some progress pictures and i just have to share! i'm so excited to see what she will look like once Caroline is done~
      [​IMG]

13. Oh my god, she looks so gorgeous already! Now I really, really want to snatch one up of my own XD

14. cloudymoonx: Wow! Lucky lucky you!! She's going to be gorgeous. My fluorite came with her faceup (I bought her secondhand) and I like it, but sometime think a rejuvenated softer look for her would be nice. They have such tiny faces that getting the detail into the eyelashes etc is such a challenge, but Caroline seems to have mastered her tiny faceups! She looks just like an MSD unoa :)

15. How incredible, cloudymoonx! I would love to send mine for a faceup too, maybe in the future. However did they get the detailing of the fine hairs so well? :D

Is she back home now?

16. She arrived today!! Here is a quick snap with my phone (I'm sick and don't want to fuss with my DSLR), I really need to figure out how to make the wig not look so wonky, and I need to restring her (eek) and remove the body blushing the first owner attempted to do but the face up is gorgeous (so ignore all of those other things haha)!

[​IMG]