1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoa Rowan Discussion

Jan 18, 2018

1. My girl arrived VERY loose too, she'll deff. need to be tightened up, but i think its a saftey thing. Cuz theres higher chance of breakage when shipped tightly strung.

Ive restrung my zero and elder sister a few times, and I haven't looked at rowans stringing, but you should be able to switch how its done. But I always do a long piece from feet to head. and then a smaller piece for arms.

You should be able to change rowan to that type? Would just need a new longer piece of string i would assume.

2. It's not possible to change Rowan's stringing type, she has the same system that Zero has and thus has three strings and there is no string tunnel through the hip piece. Sueding helps a ton, I sueded my Rowan with pliver and it worked wonders.

I am over the moon with my girl, I'm trying to get some pictures of her soon. I don't have my big camera at the moment, but I'll take some with my phone.

3. It sounds like your saying your zero did have a hole through to the upper body? as you were able to restring all the way through to the body. While Rowan doesn't only through to the other leg.

Uninu: I love my girls also they are very cute. Just the legs at the moment, impossible to make her stand I wouldn't even try it with her leaning against the wall. I will have to order some pliver, did you buy yours online? I never had to suede a doll before but I guess if that is what it takes! what glue did you use? can you use the white glue like elmers?

#103 TreeLore, May 3, 2018
      Last edited: May 3, 2018
    4. So your girls legs are solid and she can stand and has nothing other than tight elastic is that correct? and her string is the same as our through one leg and then the other? can you confirm?

5. Oh i guess i forgot lol, it was a few years since i restrung a Zero, And i knew my Unoss was like that though, but forgot Zero was like that too.

That's a shame.

But, Yeah would just need a tighter elastic, and some sueding should do it, cuz thats how i got my Unoss's legs to be less flimsy

6. For me the arms is nice and solid, but the legs are very floppy. I dont think it is the stringing, because her resin is very smooth, for me it is too smooth and that is why I think it is not gripping like for example my volks SDgrG girl who feels like her resin is velvet coated

I didnt unstring her or modify her. I also didnt add suede because I did not want to add bulk (I put it on my LLT doll and the knees felt like it was stressed, so I removed because I was worried ti would break it

I made hot glue and what a difference! Its what kept her standing in some of my photos. Before that I had to keep holding because she will flop like she is looking for her dropped earring. I used the cold hot glue gun setting and I also used the mod podge finger caps to smooth it and make it thin. I put it in the hip, the knee and the ankle. I feel the other parts didnt need it

7. Yes the arms are nice :-)
      Oh ok, maybe time for me to order a hot glue gun or the pleather. Sounds like Minda is the only one that has a doll that doesn't require anything.

#107 TreeLore, May 3, 2018
    8. What size eyes have you found work? most of my 16mm don't fit the socket right as the hole in the back of the eye is too small so the edges of the eye can't sit in that socket. My 14mm fit ok but are slightly small maybe. Anyone found a 16mm high quality eye that fits nice and what brand is it? thanks :-) PICS would be great too if you feel like it.

#108 TreeLore, May 3, 2018
    9. Size-wise I liked 16mm Enchanted Doll urethanes on Rowan, Oscardoll 16mm fit well too. I did end up putting these 14mm glass eyes on her, I have no idea of the maker.
      [​IMG]

#109 Uninu, May 3, 2018
      Last edited: May 5, 2018
    10. Yup. I have the same Rowans as everyone else. Alchemic Labo does ship them especially loose on purpose though. It's to prevent stress to the resin during shipping. My doll stands just fine (though not as well in her heels), but I don't do much with mine except display them prettily on stands.

11. Here is my Metia :cake:. I ordered some 16mm Enchanted eyes in a blue tone. I really love Metia face she reminds me greatly of Unoa Sist. Course she needs a faceup.

[​IMG]

12. Here is my girl Primetia, dressed and standing solo just fine in her low mules. It was less than 30 seconds to balance her but I have always kept my Lusis loose so I guess there is sometimes a knack for standing them up? I don't leave my dolls standing unassisted other than long enough for a very quick snapshot though! :)

[​IMG]
      Alchemic Labo Unoa 01 {Rowan} in her shoes, standing as shipped.

13. I love seeing all the girls in this thread :D there are so few of these beauties out in the world yet, I think less than 20..

We haven’t announced anything officially yet but we’ll have tan girls available from september, and I’m lucky enough to have one already!! Ugh everything unoa looks amazing in tan skin, and the Rowans are no exception :nosebleed

[​IMG]

14. And with her sister, my darling unoss

[​IMG]

15. Yesss! I've been waiting to see them in tan skin! :D

16. I am buying TreeLore's gorgeous Rowan with Latea and Prim faceplate on layaway at the moment! So excited!!!! Please spam me with pics of your lovely Rowans everyone! I had a Unoa Zero back in the day but didn't like her thigh and bust proportions as much. But Rowan is perfect for me... SD sized AND those gorgeous Unoa legs!!!!

17. TreeLore shipped my Rowan - Reira - lightening fast, but I hadn't gotten a chance to take many pictures until just now! I gave her a faceup last week!

[​IMG]Reira by The Hipster Alchemist, on Flickr

I love her legs!

For those wondering about pants, these are Tree Design shorts. I don't think she would be able to wear full jeans unless the material was different/stretchier for the legs, and as it is, the shorts don't enable her to sit very well. The shoes are SD13 sneakers I think. They were much too big on my Feeple 60 girl. I also found that I had an old pair of Volks lolita shoes that (barely) fit her feet. I sanded her toenails down but it doesn't help fitting a ton. I think I'm going to sand her heels down a bit as well, so that I can fit her into more shoes. She fits SD13 clothing a little better than my Feeple60 moe girl due to her smaller bust. Interestingly, her arms are a tiny bit bigger than Volks or Fairyland girls. Her eyes are 14mm Enchanted Doll eyes, and I've had 16mm eyes in her before that fit a teeny bit better.

18. She's looking so cute!! love the wig type you selected and the casual clothing :-) your faceup came out so lovely too, fresh and natural.

19. Who here entered the lottery? Any luck?