1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoa version 1.5

Sep 15, 2005

1. Yes I agree the waist joint is not as good as the old one. I also like the more floppy waist feeling makes her seem more real and less ridged.

The elbow joint its cool that the hand can come up and pose but nude the joint is not as nice to look at as the old style. The resin is a tad more pink than the old resin.

I think there is a possibility that the old style girl body may become more in demand than it already is! just due to preferences of the above. I think the old style will become a classic.

However the irritating head pose issue of the head of the girls dropping forward will be cured with the new body! and that's a big plus. I hear sueding the neck on the old style girls helps the neck pose right and I intend to try it out.

Lolly, er...what is "flying face" syndrome? @__@;;
      Thats when you go to insert the face plate onto the back of the head the tabs or position doesn't meet well enough to hold the face on and the pressure makes the face pop off. LOL fly!

Where you thinking some faces came with little wings that cause them to fly off! :wink:

2. I hope you're not right about the old body being more popular really. :oops:

I saw a site with someone showing the sueding in their Unoa, here's the link:
      http://083.pinoko.jp/custom/custom_010.html
      Last picture. ^__^

Wow, it just pops off? O_o;; Hit the deck. XD
      Thanks for the info TreeLore *hugs* :grin:

3. Well I think this new body will be very popular too. But many were thinking that the cost of the old ones would go way down as this one would be a better body.

But I think the old body has a unique charm.

However when dressed it will be very cool to have the hand be able to pose near the face it adds lots of possibility for pictures.

4. we have a really good conversion rate this time from japanese yen to USD! 38000 yen is about $320! So hopefully Unoa's won't be $500 from cresent shop this time around!! Still hoping I can get a friend in japan to order, but we shall see!

I wish we had more information- like pricing!

5. Are we meant to wait for Dec,5th to tell Masamichi we want a doll, or do you think we can say "Sign me up now please!" right away?

6. And....breathe XD
      I'm excited too...aren't we all? Even those who already have Unoas.

Masamichi is killing me with this wait. @__@;;

But as to your questions; Lusis and Sist are essentially the same, same bodies but Lusis has a open mouth and Sist has a closed mouth. They use wig size 6/7. You can read more at the UNOA FAQ here: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1086

I hope the Yen to US $ gets better by order time, I love a good savings. XDD

7. MSD wigs are normally much too big though some DOD wigs can fit unoa though not tightly.

8. thnx you guys
      *exhale*

I know they´re the same but...god still can´t make a decision
      probably lusis, her expression is more "moddable"

big word that one...

good luck handling tha waiting time!

oh I forgot, can one order them with faceups, I heard both "yes you can" and "Araki won´t do that anymore", anyone?
      the thing is I do not own an airbrush yet and can´t think of anything better suited for those beautifully curved lips

9. Lusis does also have smaller eyes! Sist has slightly larger eyes and I know that some really love Sists larger eyes and didn't like Lusis's small eyes or hodded eyes.

You definately can not request a faceup. He just did a few limited ones long ago with faceups when they were not in such high demand he no longers does that.

10. The following is a news bulletin from Crescent, in bold are my comments. XD

Shitateya & Crescent Shop Collaborated Auction
      11/18/2005(Fri)

eBay ID: 5637477721

We just listed wigs for Unoa on eBay as an Official Unoa Dealer.
      Before we start taking pre-orders for Unoa ver1.5 in December,
      please enjoy the auction ! How about some more info on the preorder before it gets here D:
      We are working with Shitateya who is official Unoa dealer for Japanese customers.
      We will continue to list eBay Auction for Unoa owners overseas
      who didn't have a chance to purchase Shitateya directly or through us.
      Hope we can offer more items in the near future. That would be good though, I love the eyes :D

The auction is multiple listing. 8 wigs as a set and listed 5 sets.
      We are planning to list another 5 sets after the current auction closed.
      So, you will have another chance to get the wigs later.
      Hope the price won't be up so high. I hope so too

Thank you for checking. I do so everyday

Masamichi

11. What date approx are the Unoa 1.5 order due in ?

12. sometime in march was all we heard last.

13. does anyone know if the unoa version 1.5 preorders will come with the unoa stands? i know the boys did not. I would really like a stand for my girl, but i dont even know if they have the hole in the back of the head to place the stand..

14. they dont come with the stands

15. I have unoa 1.5 (bought from YahooJP, one of the few released before the official preorder) and she has the hole ^^
      and doesn't come with stand ^^

Died

16. I've skimmed through all pages and have conculded that preoders for the UNOA 1.5 with big breast plates that won't match the older bodies are to go on sale on december 8th - 12 for us? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Lusis and Sist =D

17. Lucciora,
      The 1.5 resin will not match the older versions, that is correct.

The pre-order was last December (2005) and the Unoa should be delivered sometime this month. However, they may be delayed, as has happened in the past.

18. Anyone know if Cresent Shop will email before they ship? I just moved and i need to change my address with them, but they are not responding :(
      Thanks!
      *bounces up and down in excitement....*

19. do you want me to take a picture of the new 1.5 skin, in comparison with the unoa-freak boy skin and the old skin?
      In comparison, the unoa-freak skin and the new skin, are just a little pinkier than the old resin... but I think it's easy to mask it with a little blushing ^^

Died

20. Quote from the Crescent order page:
      So, yes, they will contact you first and you can change your address if you've moved. They may not reply to your questions until they have the dolls in hand, but I wouldn't worry, Mia.