1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoss Discussion Thread

Dec 9, 2009

1. Thank you so much! May I also ask which shoes these are in this photo? Would love some winter boots!

2. These are sd17 shoes i got off ebay.
      They are a bit big but for the style of them, i think they can pass for fitting lol

[​IMG]

3. Rinoa, Oh! Yes!
      That's Dollmore Glamure Model Doll Shoes (:

4. Thank you both. So SD17 and boy sized shoes. I'll have to make a note of this when I have some money as my girls have been bare footed for awhile!

5. Hi, all! (:

[​IMG]

6. Hi, I have a question of conscience for people on this thread and you would help me out a great deal by answering it either here or in a pm i am fine with it.

A while ago i bought an Aika Unoss from dollyteria and i love her. She is in pristine condition and has her original face up (and thus the sculpted eyebrows and lashes)
      Is it okay for me to remove the face-up and maybe even the sculpted lashes and eyebrows?
      A part of me says no offcourse not you barbarian! But i would like her better with a different face up, i might be able to work around the sculpted eyebrows but the lashes are more difficult. What would you do?

7. @allanieew I personally would say go for it, she's your doll. But if you want to assuage your conscience perhaps you could put out an offer to trade your original head w sculpted details for anyone's without, in case there is someone out there who just desperately wants that. If no one has offered to trade you even here in the Unoss thread, I think you're well within your rights to mod your own faceplate. Hope this helps and you end up with the doll you want <3

8. @ allanieew ! I think T4124 have a good idea, trade your sculpted head for a modified one, I have a sanded unoss but I'm wondering if color ( a little yellowing) will fit with your head and yours with mine ^^ Pictures usually don't show the real color...
      How to do?

9. I am afraid that it's to late for that....... She has been modified and i am in the process of deyellowing the rest of her (i tried it with oxi etc, but that didn't work so sanding it was, and i had to, since her upper thighs where discolorered by the outfit she was wearing) It took me months to decide if i would and should but in the end i just bit the bullet and did it (only last week) at first only the eyelashes but as i was sanding she became really pale in comparisson and i realised i could never keep te detail in her eyebrows so sadly they had to come off as well. Still tweaking it though.

Has anyone got pictures of the original maids outfit? She came wearing a maids outfit and had the elusive cat blouse and ears and tail and bell necklace. So i am gueswing the maids outfit is original as well but i am not sure.

10. good luck with your restoration
      I don't have any maids outfit, I got my doll with her original robot wear. All I've ever seen are black (Aika) or white (Sienna) outfits.

11. She is an Aika and she came with her original box, horns and black eye (still sealed) but not her original clothing. She came dressed in a maids outfit and a few pages back or so i read about a maids outfit beeing offered at some time.
      I allready knew about the cat outfit. ( which was also still sealed and was once offered for a specific dollpa .) So i was wondering if the cat outfit was a very limited one time offer, could it be that the maids outfit is also original, but i can't seem to find any photo's of it.

12. I don't know well the history of these dolls but I had both and I received first Sienna with make up by "Illness Illusion" (sanded) with all original set then I bought Aika (sanded) in original outfit with lace scarf but without box. Then I sold Aika because I had to donwsize my collection and love the IllnessIllusion face-up ^^ here are pics of my both girls :
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. This is my girl, without her sculpted eyebrows and lashes, i am pretty chuffed with her face up, it's not perfect, (the eyebrows are rather high on her forehead) but i think it looks good on her. She also has a full body Bush. For now she is still nameless, but i am shure that won't last long.

[​IMG]20200128_141709 by floor wagemakers, on Flickr

She came with al her original stuff (box etc) except her black dress shoes and socks, but with the black cat ears etc, she also had the white blouse still in it's original packaging, with papers and a black maid outfit with a white heart shaped apron.

#273 allanieew, Jan 28, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    14. I meant to post an update in my box opening thread from the summer, but I posted in the wrong thread, oopsies. Well, I do have a Unoss, so I don't wanna leave you guys hanging:

[​IMG]

Here's Ai!

I was able to get her and the Unoss book. It'd be pretty awesome to find the kitty set, but I won't hold my breath. I was actually thinking of making her some ears to 3D print since there really aren't any option parts for her.

15. Hello!!
      I came back to my family home where I had to leave my 1/3 girls (Volks Unoss & Madoka) behind when I moved away and was motivated to give them some love and care since they are SO old and have become slightly yellowed over time...

I wanted to get some new clothes for my girls and went through the threads here but have found alot of the links are no longer working since the companies have dissolved or changed their doll model names... Also before when I was into the hobby there weren't as many amazing resources and shops as there are now!

So, I was wondering what size shoes U-noss wears and where I may find them? I am seeing alot of SD13 boy shoes pop up in discussions but since there are new, larger dolls (ie. SD16, SD17, Iple HID/EID, etc), I'd really love to get her boots if anyone knows if that is possible...I know her calves are bigger than SD13 boys so I'm not sure if she can do that...

Also, I think I read that she wears 18mm eyes? What size eyes do you use for Unoss? And where do you purchase your eyes?

Thank you so much! <3

16. The only cute shoe I have had reliably fit my Unoss is this style from Rrabit. The difficulty in finding shoes for them lies not only in their calves being wide but in how wide their feet are at the toe too. I actually owned mine for over 10 years before I found a pair I liked for her that would also fit. I suspect this style may fit as well, but I've yet to receive it. For what it's worth, every other Rrabit heel for 65~ish cm boys that I've bought has been too narrow. I've bought one of most of their designs in hopes that they'll fit her lol :whee:
      I have some old heeled knee-high boots from Luts (I think ssdf size?) that fit her too, but I think they're quite clunky looking. Honestly the best advice I can give you is to pay attention to the width of the shoe because even if it'll fit them length wise, it probably won't fit how wide their feet are.

Mine wears 16mm eyes (from Oscar Doll, whose eye designs are now manufactured by Swandoll), but you might need to bevel a little to get them to sit flush. I just noticed significant gapping on mine despite the eyes I use for her being fairly low-dome. I tried to put a pair of 18mms from (le jardin en mai, I personally would not recommend them in general) in and they wouldn't even fit in the socket.

17. Thank you so much for the info!! Those shoes are so lovely! Her feet are so big but they're so lovely in sculpt...it's a shame it's still so hard to find her more feminine shoes! ToT

I kept seeing OscarDoll being mentioned in older posts but the links were broken and I could not seem to find them in Google! Thanks so much for the updated link!!

If you don't mind my asking- what clothes does Unoss fit these days? Particularly bottoms...

PS- your dolls are all so gorgeous!!

18. Exactly! I love everything about her, she's just extremely difficult. Her hands have to come off for me to get her in certain outfits ;-;. I've given up on her ever wearing pants unless I make them myself or commission them too. I did just rearrange her eyes and I got one to sit fairly flush with the eye well, but her right eye has significant gapping so I will probably sand down in there to get it to fit better. I'd imagine it's a problem on any Unoss.

I just took a photo of how the shoes fit her. They also help her stand. She's not sueded or wired or anything (yet, I think that's today's project), and I think her elastic is probably close to as old as she is, so they're kind of a godsend for stabilizing her ankles right now.
      [​IMG]
      (You can still kinda see just how wide her feet are in them lol)
      I haven't received the second style of shoes that I linked yet, but based on the description I think they're roughly the same size as the pair she's in now. I have it in 3 colors and I keep being tempted to buy the remainder of the colors since I don't think I'll ever find her a better shoe:whee:. More and more companies have been starting to offer heels for big boys lately so I'm constantly on the lookout for them.

I currently have her in an outfit that's meant for DD/SD13 girls from JETRUNNER;D, but the skirt sits too high on her waist because of how wide her hips are. The shirt rides a little high on her waist too and makes her look a little chubby. I personally think it's cute, but it's definitely not an ideal fit. Before that I had her in an SD10 (and maybe 13?) girl outfit from Volks that also rode too high on the waist. I haven't specifically bought her many clothes recently, so I usually just do the trial and error method with things that look like they'll fit.

No problem! I was devastated when Oscar said they were shutting down, I'm so glad that someone licensed their designs and has kept them in production. I'm happy I could help, I adore Unosses and I'm really happy to see that someone else is wanting to give theirs a makeover! :D (and thank you so much!!)

19. Thank you soso much again!! I may pick those shoes up myself!

And- YES. The waist thing...that's exactly what my problem with her has been... Cute skirts always ride up on her... ToT Your outfit for your Unoss looks so sweet! <3 On another note- looking at your girl and other peoples' Unoss these days, I really regret sanding my girl's eyelashes and brows off! They add such a charm!

20. You're welcome!

I think if you can find something that has an elastic waistband or even partially elastic waistband that would help a lot? Though since they're hard dolls and not squishy like people, clothes still like to ride up. These might actually fit if you're in the market for shorts? I think they'd look better if the shorts were shorter (since Unoss are pretty short too), but the back of the waistband is elastic so it'd at least stretch to conform to her waist The little thigh strap is elastic too (though I had to take mine in for the doll I bought them for lol). I have a pair of their shorts for DD size that I can test on mine a little later for you if you'd like.

Edit: it looks like some of RRabit's skirts have elastic waistbands too.