1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoss Discussion Thread

Dec 9, 2009

1. Amanohara- your Unoss is really adorable. I love those dolls in natural style like yours

2. When I had my Unoss, I found that sueding made a big difference to the poseability.

3. Whoo, a thread about Unoss! I got my Unoss off Ebay last...March I think, for a frankly ridiculous price after all those unosses that went over my head to 1200 dollars on Yahoo!Japan, I paid $799 for her. She had her lashes and brows sanded, and above all she was incredibly yellow, which wasn't really visible from the sales pics, but did explain the price. I had asked the seller numerous times if she had yellowed, the answer was "I can't tell, but my mother's Unoss is much yellower" O.o Soon as my girl got home I removed her faceup and body blushing, which made her about two shades lighter, then I sanded her completely, making her another 3 shades lighter, just a bit yellower than normal. I love her dearly, even if she still doesn't have a faceup (I tried, I just couldn't get it done). Here's a few pics of her.

I'm short on clothes for my crew as is, so I just slapped something on her that was kinda her mix-n-match style^^;; The skirt is part of an SD10 set I got from Yahoo, the stretch stockings are dollheart and the boots are dollheart SD13 boy size. She fits them, but just barely (and the pressure of her foot caused the sole to come loose=_=). And the top is actually an obi thing from a kimono-ish boy outfit, I wanted to show of her pretty belly and I didn't have anything else handy=_=.

[​IMG]

4. I completely agree, and I love the shape of my Unoss, no other doll has those chunky thighs and wide hips. I even lover her large hands. I find, however, that I am hesitant to have her out as much as I would like, as she does not sit as well as I would like her to, and I do not want to leave her standing, so she spends more time in the cabinet than I would like! I'm sorely tempted to put her on a different body for awhile so that I can have her hanging around outside of the doll cabinet more often!

5. I agree. I hot-glued my girl and she stands very well now. Next, a new faceup!

6. My girl stands beautifully and can stand with a bent knee! But, I don't want to leave her standing, in case she falls!

7. oh, doesn't sit well? I haven't had that issue. is she strung too tight? kicky legs?

I never leave a doll standing on its own. always use a doll stand. does she flop when put on a stand? she needs some serious tweaking, not a change of body. but, I'm no stringing expert. lots here on DOA are, though. ;)

8. ^My Unoss wouldn't sit at all due to her stringing. Her elastic went from one foot up to the head and back down to the other foot, giving the wrong tension so she couldn't keep her torso up. I restrung her (Unoss have such small holes in their joints, I could barely get the stringing hook througO.o) so that she had two elastics, each starting at a foot and connected to the head/s-hook, just like all of my other dolls have. She can sit now, but her hip sockets are simply too shallow so her upper legs can't make the full 90 degree angle required for sitting upright and she leans back. Forcing her more upright results in her legs/knees spreading wide (ankles have a strong tendency to cross and lock) and she won't stay upright very well. Putting her knees back together for a little modesty results in propelling her onto her back^^;; But at least she sits at all, though I'm sure her stringing could be even better. Anyone else have problems with their girls' legs turning all over the place in their hip sockets?

9. All Unosses seem to love crossing their ankles - The Dragon's girl does it, and I've read many other owners mentioning it too...

The Dragon's girls sits very nicely, and stands like a rock. I'll ask him to pop in and see if he has any theory on what can be your girl's problem, wally - he's a good man with stringing! ;)

I'd second recommend hot-glue sueding for increasing the Unoss posability - my Soah just had this procedure done to her, and is much improved.

And ultimately, if you wonder if you'd like your Unoss on another body you should try it and see how you like it.
      But if I were you I'd invest in a doll stand! :3nodding:

10. I actually prefer her body to her head--it makes me wonder about resin matches with other heads..

11. the resin match will be OK with all oldskine Volks dolls. I've tried it with my girl

12. I have to say that the only thing that bothers me about my Unoss is my inability to find shoes for her. But I will have to try some of those Dale Rae styles and see how I like them. Once the weather gets warmer, I think I will give her a new faceup too. I love the molded lashes and brows- it makes her look so retro!

13. molded lashes are amazing, but it's so hard to give a good looking make-up on them. I'm trying for several ears now...

14. the lower lashes are a problem. I'm thinking of how I'll paint my girl without sanding. maybe airbrush under and over the eye and smudge rather than paint lashes?

I saw a gorgeous Unoss a couple years ago, but can't remember who painted her. if anyone sees pix of one unsanded girl painted nicely, please post a link.

Ling is not going to be sweet. She's had enough of that.

her hands can be a pain when putting on clothes, though. you need BIG armholes.

:candycane

15. She stands beautifully, arms are perfect for holding a pose, and she can stand on one bent knee. I really can't stand doll stands! Reminds me too much of a porcelain doll...ack...

16. Alright, ya'll, I have commited sacrilege. My Unoss body is back in her box, safely tucked away, and my Unoss girl is residing on a shinydoll Thaasa body now. My mother will tell you, a doll's soul is in it's head, so she's still my girl, but now she's more poseable than I am!
      I love her on this body! I like my dolls to be out of the cabinet, hanging around my house or studio, sitting by my computer, or on the ottoman when I'm watching tv. One bjd makes the trip every day to the studio, so they need to be poseable, moveable, functional. The Unoss body had me totally freaked out, so my girl was spending most of her time in the cabinet, and never got to take a day trip. Here she is...don't be too hard on me, purists!

[​IMG]

17. Well you said it first, sacrilege! :o :lol: Personally I do think the Thaasa body looks way too small and skinny for an Unoss head. I've had my Unoss "forever" and I adore the natural womanly grace of her original body. The human proportion of those big ol' hands and feet and the eerie realism of her eye-mech just sucked me in from the start. Mine is pliver-sueded now and stands and sits like a rock but I kinda miss her cuddly, floppy grace from her pre-suede days. :( Back then, She lounged better than she sat, but always seemed to fall into a graceful pose when I set her down. :aheartbea

18. Oh, I love the look of the Unoss body, no doubt! The hands have that unoa grace, and I think the large size of them are downright sexy, as are her hips and thighs. But the one piece torso just aint my cup-o-tea, and no matter what I do, it's not as poseable as my Zero or 1.5 bodies, and infinitely less poesable than a Shinydoll Thaasa body.
      Her head actually suits the smaller body better aesthetically, she has a large head, but a small face, so I find that she works perfectly on this body.

19. I love my two Unoss even though the 2nd one is still a work in progress.
      The 2nd head was modded very badly before landing a home here and its taking alot of time to fix it.
      (picture of my poor girl before I did anything)
      http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/the5thlab/mydolls/during1.jpg

The only thing I hate is trying to find girly shoes for them =_=;;

20. shoes are the big issue. crazy big footsies.

:o