1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoss Discussion Thread

Dec 9, 2009

1. Here's my girl Nafsika, wearing her Leeke World boots in their 'large boy' size:
      [​IMG]

2. oh, those are nice, Soula. the red color makes them less man-only. pretty girl.
      I also like her dress.

:D

3. Thanks, Petiteballerine. The boots are actually black/brown, and her dress is part of a Dollheart outfit, that fits her beautifully.

4. Soula, she is just stunning! Love her wig, and the boots look fab with that dress!

5. Oh wow, a Unoss thread!

I got mine from Doll & Hobby back in 2004...such a lucky find! :D

But now she needs some heavy refurbishing because I left her out in the sun too long. ;_; I'll be sure to post here when I have her de-yellowed and all pretty!

6. I recently obtained an unoss aika and a siena head XD The aika is complete and unmodded and I hope that she will look as beautiful as Martis <3 I will keep her unmodded too! The siena needs a body still poor thing!!
      I know there were extra ouftits, three kitty outfits, pink, white and black, of which I possess the white and black. And then the maid outfit from the book, that was one wasnt it?
      Were there any others? If so, which ones if any do you guys have? :D I love hearing about unoss!!

7. i love my unoss so much. she is unmodded. here are some old old pictures from when i first got her in 07':
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/desdisques/1118387038/in/set-72157601747329106/

there are some pictures on my flickr from when she was just a head too. her stock face-up was so awful.

i bought her head on Y!Japan auctions, also the kitty set with ears, collar, and panties with tail. Her body i bought here on DOA. I need to take some newer pictures of her. my unoss goes barefooted most of the time, sometimes she wears my sd13 boy's converse, but her personality is more girly than that.

8. I love Unoss, they're so gorgeous! I want to buy one of these beauty, but they're not sell anymore ;_;
      Marti: Your Unoss is very very very (and more xD) fabulous! =D

9. I have always liked the Unoss molds. Both Aika and Seina. They are based on ova characters of that time and out of that they look very great for me. A question i will like to ask. How much some users here are willing to pay for a Unoss which have their years complete with outfit, accessories and wig?

I will like to ask this here. If there is a thread about this, which i am looking for one, please send me the link.

My opinion on this girls and the first releases is that they have the complete uniqueness that now other companies like Soom, Souldoll and obviously there cousins Unoa have maintain in the last years.

10. Soma, when you say "OVA" you mean like anime characters?
      I've heard something about this before and I would love to know more information and possibly identify those fictional characters,lol..
      I'm surprised we know so little information about some of Gentaro's early work it's not like all this happened during the 90's when the internet wasn't like even invented(lol,kiddin') I guess it's probably maybe that some older fans have outgrown the hobby(?)

11. n66X:
      Haha i know you do. In the 90's Ovas were more cheaper to commercialized. A lot of people wanted anime after the introduction of series like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball and many others. I am looking for the closest characters Seina and Aika are based on but typical feature of OVA females are the curvaceous body and long legs. Even this is not an ova and it is a 90's video game, if graphic were better in that time, Seina can have a little inspired in the artificial females from the Sega Genesis game Phantasy Star 3 and 4. Especially Rika from Phantasy Star IV and Mieu from Phantasy Star 3.

I will be looking to find the exact characters since i want to know more on what Mr. Araki got inspired. No matter what there look is very unique and inspirations are on the body size more than anything. I was thinking if i got a Seina one day, to named her Mieu since that is a game that i over enjoyed in my child hood.

Oh well enough with my stories and now time to investigate more on this. I am happy to find someone who is interest in searching to identify those fictional characters. Another good question for me is where are most of the people who started on the hobby when Volks was the only company back in 1999 :)

12. Soma lol you are the greatest, that 'Phantasy star' games look like fun I may give them a shot, those characters you mention are cute and I can see a resemblance in the outfit gear of the u-noss, it seems that period Gentaro also drew some manga himself which are very hard to find(there is an auction right now for some of his doujinshi in YJA for 90,000Y!O__o; ) maybe some of the characters he makes are also featured there, yes i wonder where did those older fans go too sometimes,lol.

13. The unoss characters are Araki-sensei's own, you can read about them in the Andolrea U-noss book - unfortunately the only images I found of it is this soon defunct for sale-post.
      You can follow the plot through this translation.

The reason that Araki-sensei's work feels very familiar to the manga-anime-games buff is that he is, as well, and his work reflects it clerarly. The same esthetic ideals, the same iconic characters...

14. ohh I also have some pictures of mine to share:
      [​IMG]
      it's a very hunting book , I love the illustrations,

15. N66x:
      Lol why thank you hahaha, naw thanks for your reply and i am very happy you liked those characters. Wow 90,000Y! for his doujinshi!!!! There is a very good positive chance that his doujinshi have some of his characters. This is interesting since we can easily know that Ian the first msd is based on Jigoku Sh&#333;jo but is searching for this is like an adventure.

Let see what we can discover about Unoss.

16. N66X:
      Wow i love those illustrations. Thanks for sharing them :) I have no words to describe that peace of beauty. Congratulations on having that great illustration book.

Quiet Queen:

I imagine it was he's own creations. I just saw the similarity with those characters and that is why i like Aika and Seina from the first day i saw them. It is very obvious that he is a creative person and he contributed to Volks on one of the most creative dolls in the bjd market today. I personally love 90's Anime/Manga/Video Game Artificial Human characters and Seina makes a great memory of them just like i said before.

Thanks for your information and for the links.

17. Thank you, n66x, that was just what I was looking for!

18. my U-noss is finally finished. I just love her now

[​IMG]

19. Marti, your Unoss is beautiful!! I love her outfit too~

Here's my Unoss Seina and Aika:

[​IMG]

My Seina still has her default faceup - I'm debating whether or not I should remove it - part of me wants to keep her completely unmodded...but I know she could look much better with a new faceup..

Here's a link to pics of the black and white kitty outfits - I'm not sure where you could buy them originally, but I'm assuming it was at some kind of event:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4819499275_81eff59034.jpg

20. Oh, Veldfire22, you have two of the darling girls...! They are gorgeous! And that was the best picture of the two cat sets I've seen! My husband's still on the prowl for the white set, so to speak. Doesn't the white set come with a collar...?

My husband's Mira at one of our doll society's events sporting the black cat set:

[​IMG]