1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

unusual color dolls

Nov 17, 2020

1. hello! i would love to have a translucent popovy doll... i do not know if there is another artist or company who made a translucent resin doll

2. Resinsoul and impldoll do it in request, and Dollshe did some translucent parts forever ago..

3. I recently received a doll in Luts' "milky orange" color; she's a cat, so having an orange base I can blush her stripes over will save me a lot of work. :) I also have a doll from AileenDolls in a soft pink, and another (off-topic pet doll) that's soft violet. And, of course, my pumpkin-head is bright orange and green!

4. I like the pink clockwork faery moriko dolls! So cute!

5. I'm really, really into grey skin on dolls. Whether it be light grey or dark grey, it doesn't matter. I think it suits just about every sculpt I've seen casted in it.

I wish, however, there were darker fantasy colors more readily available. Less pastels and bright rainbow hues and more subdued, "natural," fantasy skintones. I think the bright and pastel colors that exist today are meant to work in tandem with the usually-white skintone offerings, and with darker human skintones still being somewhat "irregular" in the hobby, I guess it sadly makes sense that their fantasy counterparts wouldn't be offered as frequently.

I'd love a rich, deep blue or a dark, lively red that isn't too in-your-face.

6. I'm really fond of grey... and the transparent blue that Caspian, my little Argonautica Kio, is.... and the cosmic midnight blue and red/gold I picked for Infinity and Eternity, my Cuarto dragons.

I've just ordered another pair of Argo's dolls, in transparent emerald green and the darker green-black. I can't wait to see them.

7. I love seeing dolls in mint green. They remind me of the aliens from The Sims 2. I don't want to pay extra to get one myself, though. :sweat

8. I really like fantasy colored dolls :love
      One day, I will buy a Peakswoods. They have this gorgeous emerald green. A Withdoll Cecily is on her way home. I bought her in Sweet Blue with transparent parts.

9. I love the "mint" and the "purple" skin colors from Youpladoll!
      I'm also a big fan of the "milk tea" color from Lillycat (and I wish I didn't miss that beautiful Newt from the last stock sale... T^T)

10. I really want the volks icon dolls in that lovely green, but it's so hard to get one...

11. I really like dolls with a darker green or dark blue tone to them , I have a Resinsoul Rui on order that will be a character of mine ordered in sky blue and I’ve been eyeing the doll chateau Nicola-A swan version in green skin.

Resinsoul seem to be great at custom making colours and anything you want so I’ll be absolutely using them again

12. I prefer the realistic colors more, but I just acquired my first grey tone last month. It’s pretty. I think for me it’s the theme of the doll. Odd tones on their own I’m not a fan of, but if it’s part of their theme, I don’t mind it.

13. I love grey, I think the majority of my strangely colored dolls are some shade of grey! I personally really love the light warm grey that my Giddeous Project Baughn came in.

I also love the idea of green or purple, but I honestly have trouble doing faceups on super colorful resin. :sweat I'm only really comfortable with neutral colors since my really colorful pastels majorly suck... and I use them so rarely that I can't be bothered to buy a new set.

14. I prefer the more human skin tones, but I love a lot of the fantasy colors I have seen. I currently have a grey doll, and have a green and blue coming so maybe my preferences will change ;)

15. While I don’t know what character direction I’d take it in, I’d love to someday have a grey doll. When it comes to “irregular” colors, I feel like working with more muted tones would be easier for me. I do have a soft spot for pastel colors when it comes to pet dolls though, and I think the green Doll Chateau uses for Medusa and Nicola is beautiful.

16. Being that I enjoy alien characters and fantasy dolls, I loooove transparent resin with glitters and crazy colors. I'm getting several dolls in fantasy colors and hoping to get some semi-transparent dolls soon once I have the funds.

17. I’m very tempted by the clear doll look, I’m just not sure what I’d make or if such a doll would fit me but it looks very cool

18. thank u for making this thread, i love unnatural colors, frankly my favorite dolls are non human from aliens, denoms, robots, cryptids, humanoid animals, pets and so on...soo it is something that naturally goes along with it

19. I love mint green but I haven't got a doll concept I super want in minty green right now. I have been kicking around one of those Doll Chateau centaurs but I haven't quite made up my mind into yes this absolutely needs to be in my house.

I used to have a soom tiny centaur but that size just isn't for me.

In terms of actual ownership, transparent dolls seem to get me. I have a Dollzone Lumu that has a transparent jellyfish body.

I also have a transparent DSDoll Ferret and I love my ghost boy. Working on saving up for a big transparent body for him, but he currently has a clear head display stand that I 3D printed.

20. I actually started my descent into unoa crazy by seeing their halloween purple and blue skin chibis!!! I want one so bad!! I love both colours, although from what I've seen on face-up's the baby pastel blue looks stunning with pastel pink cheeks so I think that would be my preference.

Back as a teen in the hobby I coveted the Dream of Doll grey skin vampire couple Kalix and Delphine. I know there was colour mixing problems and I don't know if they're my style now but they were just so amazing to me at the time.

But I've seen a lot of small creator dolls cast by harucasting which come in amazing resin colours, again I love the pastel colours because that's just who I am as a person. I could be persuaded by a sexy red for a little devil character though aha!