1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unusual free gifts

Dec 8, 2009

1. i ordered from dollmore not too long ago and i got postcards,stciksers, a pair of glass eyes, designer pins, and those yummy star cookies.

ill be getting another order in a couple days and im excited to know what is in it. :3

oh and the face masks everyone is getting is most likely for when youre sanding your doll or applying a new face up to protect you from the msc or other sealers that are used...

2. If they are the kind you use for germs, they're not going to help with spraying sealer at all, and may or may not be enough for sanding. I'm betting they're for germs.

The only extras I've ever gotten (from a store) were a tootsie pop and a pair of free eyes. I've not ordered directly from Dollmore yet, though!

3. Any time I've ordered from Emory at Junky Spot he's put a little special something in the box for me.

By way of illustration:

Page 1
      Page 2

4. That's so cool that they do that! :) Can't wait for my Dollmore order! Should be here tomorrow!

5. Dollmore sent star-shaped crackers (to which my little sister became so crazy for that she now expects all the dolly parcels that come in to have them; she was disappointed about the candies from Leekeworld *lol*), pins, postcards, posters, glass eyes, and a facemask. And also a nice christmas bag for them :)

6. I've gotten random snacks/candies, a tshirt for me (and the right size too, surprisingly), a doll-size tshirt, Soom's cell-phone charm/screen cleaner, a wig and a pair of eyes... but the unusual/unexpected one would be from a Minimee order I ran, where two heads went wrong and were included in the shipping box anyway as a free gift. ^_^ I kept one and passed one along to the person who waited for the replacement head that had to be made; I've used it as a practise/experiment head and I'm still not sure what I'll ultimately do with it.

7. I got the star rice crackers from dollmore and a long while back gotten this lolipop from them too. Both were tasty :D The rice crackers taste like the asian shrimp flavor cracker sticks...not sure what else to call them..they are like the cheetos of asia without the cheese lol But as for odd gifts...hmm I think that would be it, most other stuff are usable for my dolls somehow lol

8. I've gotten the star crackers. DNW. :'D Which, if they're shrimp flavoured that's probably why I didn't like it ha ha. Other than that I haven't gotten anything unusual! Just the regular stuff like eye putty and strings X'D

9. I seem to get a lot of company postcards, a few pins, occasionally clothes & Pocky, which I have become addicted to & have no idea where to get it locally. At first I was relunctant to eat the Pocky as I didn't know if it would be good or even fresh. The boxes looked rather strange. But once I broke down, it was yummy. Even my elderly Mom loves it.

But those face masks sound hysterical!

10. My DZ boy didn't come with anything either, but he did come in a box. I was kinda sad. *shrug* Oh well.

11. I've gotten so many awesome things from JunkySpot that I can't even list them all! But the best/most memorable were the thong, a "Doll Junky" shirt, an FLCL Takara doll, My little Ponies, candy and a Rodan movie! :D

But the BEST thing from JS for free? A DIM Robel head as a Christmas gift just for being a regular customer and active on the forums for so long! :D

12. I don't like the Star Cookies...I think what I got was stale.

13. I thought the start cookies were ok. When I ordered my boy from mint on card I got two postcards and some yummy candy but they forgot to includ eye putty so Yuuma sat around for two days without eyes.

14. Odd, I've ordered from him too, and got only what I ordered.

15. My local Walmarts (the supercenters) all carry Pocky in the grocery section. Only the regular chocolate and strawberry kind, though.

I've never gotten anything more than a postcard from Denver Doll either. I don't expect anything, of course, they're doing their jobs and don't NEED to send gifts. But if I'm looking for something in-stock I always check Junkyspot first. :sweat

16. I've never received anything before :< Oh well. Star cookies sound cute :3