1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unusual Problem with Souldoll Celestyn

May 23, 2006

1. I hate for you to have to sell Willow, since I know that you really wanted her. I've read several things about children being afraid of dolls or other things for "no apparent reason" and it usually turns out that whatever the item is usually gets disposed of quickly because the child begins to fear it so much that the parent is afraid to keep it due to the fact that the child begins to look ill. My best advice, coming from a big sister with a 5 year old sibling who is afraid of certain things to this extent, I think it would be best to sell Willow, but it is your own decision of course. I know what its like to be forced to face your fears, and I know its hard on the child. Its ultimately what you think is in her best interest.

I hope things work out for the best for you, you daughter, and Willow. :)

2. Lishe

I know it was a hard decision but I really really think you are doing the right thing as a loving mother. After all there is nothing more important than our children! And you, as her mother, is the most important person in her life!

As an aside ... you didn't happen to sell a poster bed for bjd's did ya? If so ... I am the one who bought it! :)

Keep us posted. And hugs to your little real life angel!!! :)

3. ET for me :P and the Jabberwocky from the live-action Alice in Wonderland movie...

*hugs Lishe* this is a crappy situation for you to be in... I hope you make a good/right decision for yourself and for your little girl *hugs*

4. CALLOOH CALLAY!

5. I think you made a wise choice, Lishe. You maybe right, your little one may know something you don't. Your doll is beautiful(I saw the pics) but maybe there is something wrong with her. Some objects can(IMHO) pick up 'bad energy' from someone or something. Maybe Willow picked up something from someone at souldoll? I don't know, its just strange that your little girl is afraid of her but not your other dolls. Its terrible to see a small child so scared. I don't have children(yet) but I know it must be heartbreaking for you.
      Good luck~!

6. Anguilla - Yes, I did sell the poster bed - nice to hear from you again. I thank everyone again for their kind words and advice and will let you know how this turns out.

Lishe

7. Willow is listed in the marketplace for today only because I want to get this incident behind for my daughter and myself.
      Lishe

8. it could be the eyebrows. the angle of them, i mean.perhaps if you made them a little higher to make them look less stern?

9. There are alot of comments here, and I really didn't read much of them. So I don't know if I'm repeating something someone already said. If I do, I'm sorry~!

If you ever let your girl play with your dolls (with you around, obviously), you should perhaps make a little scene? Or write her a short-story and read it to her?

About how once upon a time, there was a mean old witch Willow, who was always mean to every creature. Untill a beautiful little girl came along (your daughter, or another doll?) and told the Witch about all the beautifu; things in the world. It changed the Witch's mind and she became good and pure, and became a guardian over all living things~

IT'S CHEESEY, BUT I THINK IT IS CUTE AHA XD;

10. and what about trying to dress Celestyn as a princess? She's very tall and special, you could try to pose her like a fairytale princess, with a long beautiful dress and some jewels, the kind of stuff that would make a child to think she's a fairy.... even a magic wand. Perhaps the fear would turn into facination, who knows...

11. I'm so sorry you have to seel her. I was just admireing her and she is amazing.

12. Catdancer is her new owner - and now my daughter and i can both relax.

Lishe

13. I used to be terrified of dolls when I was a child due to a stupid fair haunted house I went through.. I had to close my eyes and have my sister lead me through.
      The fear was caused by how it looked.. that it looked alive, and menacing.
      Even changing how it looked, it would bring back the same fear. It is the same doll, it has a personality, and it is scary..
      Barbie dolls were different as they were pretty, but I sadly grew out of them
      as my playmates rejected them.
      I no longer approached dolls until I saw these beautiful BJDs and refell in love with them again, and I no longer fear any small dolls (I'm still scared of manniquins!) as I believe if they do not wish to hurt anyone : D
      I bought a quite menacing looking doll recently but treated her kindly, and
      she has saved me from punching the wall in a nightmare induced slumber and from accidently hurting myself on the bed.

Fear is caused by the unknown. It may be an irrational fear, but don't try
      to force your daughter to it... let her come to it.
      Maybe try placing a bowl of sweets on it's lap or something.. I unno.
      I don't know much about child psychology, but maybe she will begin to associate sweets with the doll, or.. carry the doll with you whenever you give her presents, or something.

As the others said, giving the doll a slightly different look might help a bit.
      Don't worry about having to sand down the doll or give it away if your child
      does not like it, just don't force your child to play with it, as it might cause
      some bad memories..
      ..my uncle forced me to pose with a broken, beat up maniquin with limbs missing and wires jutting out and I haven't been able to approach them since unless I try to think of them of dolls, but oh.. they still scare me ;-;

Oh, and now I read you sell it. x.x;; I'm so slow..