1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Dollstown restock information

Nov 29, 2006

1. [​IMG]

Announcement is just on the main page :aheartbea

And under the english order board;

2. Can you tell me if these comparisons were for the Smooth-on resin, or for the Korean resin just used in the new process?

hhelenhh left me a note in another thread that Dollstown had decided against using the Smooth-on because it left lines when sanded.

3. Anjonghak posted a picture of the daisy boy and girl heads next to one another;

[​IMG]

4. New head from Torre;
      [​IMG]
      Rhea can be seen here;
      http://dollstown.com/zboard/view.ph...n&sc=on&&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=1

And information from Anjonghak

5. You don´t need to ask Anjonghak. He has already given generel notice of restock. And no, Anjonghak does not take preorders.

In the meantime, all items on the order side which are marked light green (only heads for now) are in stock and ready to order.

Hi! Now,, Dollshe is so busy now,,
      After DollShe Craft noticed the sail stop, Many orders pile up now..
      Many people order to take last 70cm BJD of DollShe,, I heard from Dollshe will busy till two month or three month for reproduction.
      So the reproduction for Dollstown will be delayed than my expectation.

13/15Girl's reproduction will be delayed at next week.. So I will ship 13/15Girl doll at next week or the week after next.
      And I will notice the sail for 15Boy and Elf Doll after the middle of April.

And I'm working now the retouch for legs of 7years doll,, It need the time, so I will receive the order for 7years doll after one month,,
      Thank you!

6. Actually, I think Anjonghak is going to be taking preorders. He said as much in one of his posts, and the order board has now been set up to allow them, but only when things are marked in dark green text.

7. Link: here

8. I hope this is okay to ask here, I'm not sure which thread is most appropriate

I am understanding (from this thread) that Dollstown stopped sanding their dolls because with the Smooth-On resin it wouldn't be necessary (they would be like the Volks dolls)? If they have now gone back to the Korean resin are they sanding again? Does anyone know from recent orders how bad the seams are, or how rough the resin is? I was wondering if I should request sanding when I place my order?

9. My Sia had minimal seams, but I went ahead and sanded them myself. Her resin was matte and had a texture to it, similar to the recent DiM dolls, there's no shine.

I have a box of white (paleskin) heads here, and I note that the heads by Torre are smooth, while the heads by AnJongHak have that texture. Not sure why they'd be different, but they are. ^_^

You might like to know that Volks dolls DO have quite gnarly seams sometimes. I don't know anything about how Smooth-On compares to Volks or Dollstown, but Volks and new Dollstown resins are not the same type of resin, though they might end up looking great together... that would be nice!

It's hard to describe the different qualities of resin, but Volks resin is heavy, and has a waxy-quality to it, not only in the translucency... it has a flexibility to it or something. DT's new stuff is hard and more brittle, and kind of light-weight in comparison. It is pretty though.

Raven

10. ~*NEWS*~

13, 15 & Elf bodies etc... are up on Dollstown site.......:fangirl:

Happy shopping guys.......;)

....No chatting in news threads.....

xen :)