1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Using one doll's clothes for another

Oct 21, 2020

1. I just got Lucy by Ana Salvador. She is 11.5" tall. I was wondering if she could wear clothes made for another doll and what doll would that be? I don't like to sew, so I'm trying to dress her. Thanks!!

2. Do you Lucy's other measurements (chest size, lower torso/legs/arms/feet length and width)?
      You might want to check out the mature tinies thread

3. According to Ana's website, Lucy will fit into most clothing made for Blythe dolls. In my experience that means that pieces meant for Blythe, Pullip, and Momoko have a good chance of fitting on her, as long as they aren't meant to fit too tightly.

Blythe shoes will probably also fit her, although shoes can be a bit of a struggle.

4. She may be able to wear some clothes made by Mattel for Barbie. My slim Soom Mini Gems have a few pieces that fit decently. Pants and skirts fit more reliably then tops, which tend to look huge on them.

5. My momonita (similar height) can wear Barbie clothes. The fit is a bit odd, since Barbie has a smaller butt/thighs but a substantially larger bust (she has to wear Ken pants, skirts, or stretchy pants) but the results are good and experimentation is likely to be pretty cheap.

Silkstone Barbie clothes are relatively inexpensive on eBay and impressive quality (the jeans I found had FUNCTIONAL BELT LOOPS) so that might be something to look for if they turn out to fit well.

6. This (Quirky Artist Loft: Doll Clothing Buying Guide: Will it fit?) is a great photo guide on blythe, pullip, barbie and more and which clothes (if any) they can share with one another. If her artist says she has similar measurements to Blythe start there and keep her hips in mind as they seem a tiny bit larger than blythe. Blythe also has a much larger head than body so any of her hats and headbands are useless (more MSD sized). Vintage Clothing Lots on ebay that have items from various different fashion dolls are a cheap way to find out what sizes fit and what doesn't and if you have her measurements you can also commission pieces to be made for her from seamstresses in the doll community.

7. Thank you all so much for all of the information!! I really appreciate it!