1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Using real foods for doll props

Nov 29, 2009

1. Some awesome ideas :D I love seeing everyone's suggestions and photos ^^ I saw some of those little bread "loaves" today in the grocery store (those "cocktail" breads) good for sandwhiches, toast, etc. They come in rye, sour dough, whole wheat, and pumpernickel. From the size, they looks best for MSD to Tinies and maybe passable for some SDs, but kind of small (maybe can make a panini?) for the larger 65+ dolls.

2. We bought some of those mini toasts, and they're a really good size for MSD. (Also, delicious! But I set aside the two that dropped on the floor to use in a future photoshoot, and they look pretty right-on scale-wise for my guy)

=^__^=
      Anneko

3. I am experimenting with baking clay doll food, my husband suggested I bake doll size real food instead. I don't know how to cook real food, I have been domestically challenged since birth. :sweat However, if you seriously think about it, it makes sense to learn how to bake and cook real food doll size because fake food accumulates.

I just don't want my dolls' hands to touch grease. I'm very particular with this. So, I'm still undecided, learning how to cook/bake real food is to me the same as learning how to bakc/cook fake food because I don't know how to do either. It's a learning curve either way. This thread does give very good ideas and I particularly like the suggestion on fruits and greens.

4. hungry T.T Food~

has anyone tried playing with one of these ?

[video=youtube;Gr-qewC-4gY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr-qewC-4gY&feature=fvst[/video]

5. Wow! ZenotoneDark that's so cool!

I also enjoyed checking the rest of the videos out too
      :)

6. waaa i´ve seeen those O: most of thsem are not edible but some like this one are grape gummi *_* so cute

7. Those mini chipalata sausages could be used as normal sausages, with a tiny scoop of mashed potato ^^

8. this are made of jello crystals or something, all you need to do is just add water to it,stir,shape,set EAT!!! but i can't seem to find any of it in singapore :(

but the non edible ones seems to be much more suitable for BJD maybe spray a little MSC over to harden it or something here is a video of a non-edible one

[video=youtube;9BGTEmLIkJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BGTEmLIkJg&feature=relmfu[/video]

9. ^.^ a friend on facebook shown it to me :P wanted to buy one, but i can't seem to find it :(

10. drools XD i think i would eat it after a photoshoot :l

11. That's perfect! They are just the right size, aren't they!

Some awesome ideas in this thread. Can't wait to try some of them out.

12. Thanks Zenotonedark, love the videos. Yum yum. I love the way everything comes in packets, no need to bake. However, I assume the instructions are in Japanese and the packets are not available in Canada. If I visit Japan, I won't not know where to get those. The food seems a bit small for larger size SD dolls. I can't cook for the life of me.

13. There's a book I've been meaning to get from Klutz called Utterly Elegant Tea Parties, you can find it on amazon. It has simple recipes for mini foods that would be doll sized, like mini marshmallows decorated with icing and sprinkles for a cake if I remembered that correctly, meant for kids, but looks like be good fun, makes me want to do a photoshoot when my second doll finally comes, a welcome home party xD Not only that you get a teapot, 2 cups, 2 bowls, 2 big plates, 2 little plates/saucers, and cutlery. They might be more SD sized though.

I was also thinking of making real biscuits with my mini cutters, lol.

14. maybe ebay? as thats where i'ld look 1st :)

15. Wow, I've seen those sushi candy making things before. I'm sure you can make them more dolly size by making smaller portions easily. Not sure where to get them either but I'm curious as to how they actually taste ^^; When one finished making them, the "molds" could easily be used to making either real or clay foods, I'm sure :) Come to think of it, I forgot there's lots of candies (especially Asian candies) that resemble real foods. But I've lately seen lots of kids cooking stuff in the toy section that makes real foods at smaller scales these days :D

16. but i think there are simple tutorials on youtube, i guess :l

17. XD but i don't mind trying/buying those toys if they are available in singapore though :l

18. i think some urban places in singapore does sell this kind of product, need to get my butt down to meji factory in singapore to take in look ToT hope they have it there :l

19. I checked out the book, there is only 1 left on Amazon. Are the recipes in the book for real food? This may be a silly question but I'm indeed domestically challenged, the type that can burn down a kitchen. When I first came to Canada, I thought whipped cream is mayonnaise and did not know that "cup" means measuring cup. Following recipes can be disastrous for me unless supervised by my husband who cooks well.

20. I didn't read the entire topic so I'm not sure if someone posted this or not, but I've seen these adorable little star-shaped noodles in my grocery store. They had some that were about half a centimeter in diameter, and others that were only a couple millimeters! So cute.

Here's what they looked like after being cooked: [​IMG]http://cicuska.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5...a433970b-500wi