1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Vampire Teeth.... In or Out?

Jan 8, 2011

1. My dog's fangs are always showing and protruding over his lower lip and he does not have an overbite. A neighbourhood cat is nicknamed "vampire kitty" because her fangs are very protruding. I'm a fan of protruding fangs. All but one of my vampires have them. Example of a cat.

[​IMG]
      My Doll Leaves Dan (Vladini)
      [​IMG]
      My B&G The Old World Mini Buryssa (Imogen)
      [​IMG]
      Modded Littlefee Ante Elf (Gioia).

2. I think it's okay the teeths are showing when it's a cute child character or in comic style. When a child vampire has them it looks really because of the little imperfectness (is that even a word? @.@) like when children have gaps between their teeth while losing the baby teeth.
      For adult molds I find it somehow unfitting, then I like it when they only show if the mouth is opened.

3. Personally I like the little subtle teeth since I'm not a huge fan of open mouth sculpts... Which makes me a total hypocrite for buying a SOOM mechanical vampire Gluino <<; But I'm absolutely in love with him XD;

4. I'm a fan of vampires. All my dolls have fangs. It's not enough for me to know what the character has fangs, but inside the closed mouth, I need to see. Therefore I prefer outside. There are many instances where it looks realistic even for closed lips, but best of all, of course, when the mouth is slightly open.
      My favorite fangsculpt: Gluino and Migma Soom, Infernale IOS (+ Cho and Co are very nice), Farkas Loongsouldoll, BaiXuan Dikadoll, Vincent La Légende de Temps, Yuri Rosendoll, Ji Tian Popodoll.

5. I honestly love seeing them out and without,

6. I've always had the idea of getting a Littlefee Pong Pong and making him a vampire, I think it'd be adorable~ Just an idea for now, though! :D

7. I usually prefer the "in the slightly open mouth" look, with few exceptions (DiM vampires come to mind, fittingly), but I think it depends on the facial/jaw anatomy of your particular "breed" of vampires. I've seen vamps with a full set of shark teeth, or vamps whose fangs aren't their canines, but their second incisors. Those would definitely be able to peek out over a bottom lip, no overbite needed.

I think the only ones that bother me are the ones that don't look like they really "belong" on the face, the ones that look sort of pasted onto the lips.

8. I am not big on vampires in general - have nothing against them, but I don't have vampire characters or seek out vampire sculpts. I also tend to think the fangs look really goofy!

Having said that, I own a Notdoll Aletheia, which is probably the goofiest-looking vampire sculpt out there. There are always exceptions to the rules. ;)

9. I love them, I like when they smile and you get a hint of fang, its alluring, and it says Drink of Me :-) :-)
      I wish there was a way to add them at will to the dolls, something interchangeable, user not interfering with the doll's sculpt, extra parts in the resin, I mean..

10. prefer in the mouth~~i think will look graceful~~
      but out of the mouth seems wild but also good!