1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Variation of Boy Bodies....

Apr 1, 2007

1. LOL I don't think GI.joe is very "american esthetic" lol I think he looks fake.

I mean REAL anatomy. A doll that has a realisitic face AND bod.

I think when i get Jace, i'm going to sand his nose down a little bit. From the side, he's got the Tom Cruise Schnoz LOL

2. yup, I completely agree with you:) But if companies want to start coming out with beefier males...well, at least it'll be easier on my wallet!;)

3. As long as we're not talking steriod beefed up, I'd welcome it. I love my SD16 because he does have biceps. I haven't seen too much of Jace yet, but I'm do like a manly man

Nancy

4. Well, what I mean by that is the square jaw, big toothy grin, and small eyes...

5. Jace has a wonderful body sculpt, defined muscles but not quite a weight lifter type. Yukinojo also has a more defined body as do the Souldoll boys. They're slender but not skinny & waif like as many of the boys are. I appreciate a nice masculine body that doesn't look like a child & would love to see more sculpts like Jace. Also adore his face, that nose gives him character.

6. The elfdoll boys are a bit more muscled <3

but so short!

7. Yah, I had the Elfdoll Red. He just didn't stay long tho. I ended up selling him.

8. The souldoll boys are pretty buff... I've seen the body next to both Luts and an SD13, and he looks like he could bench press them without breaking a sweat... The pictures I've seen don't show nearly the contrast there is seeing them in person.

9. No--well, it depends on how much muscle. Looking fit is nice, but I don't find the whole body builder look to be at all attractive : ) I like having some variety in body type and some of my characters are thinner, while others should have more muscle, but none of them are extreme. I like the Unidoll Jace, but wouldn't want a doll any bigger (muscle wise) than that and it's a body type that doesn't really suit many of my characters.

10. I love the asthetic of the BJDs there are right now. However, they are all a little thin. That's totally okay, as they look lovely that way. But I really like seeing "different" looks, so a masculine, beefy, guy-doll would be VERY neat. I don't know about how far one could carry that muscle tone on a doll... since balance and flexibility would be HIGHLY limited that way, but if it could be pulled off, I would be excited to see it.

I'm pretty sure that one of those body types would be found among my doll family given a little time. (Provided it looked good and posed reasonably well.)

11. To add another thought, I think it's great that we are getting more variety in body types, and I love seeing some of the more muscular boys. I probably won't buy one simply because I prefer how the leaner boys look in clothes, and, costuming is my primary enjoyment of my own dolls.

I do think it's absolutely wonderful that more and more options in style and body type are being developed and marketed!

12. I'd love a boy with Vin's face! ;>) I like the lankiness of the Dollshe boys, but even moreso now that I have some boys with different body types. Angel Mecha is very tempting to me - love his face and how he looks in clothing, and he has nice hands - but at this very moment I'm not inclined to deal with the extra height.

My Unidoll UH08 has a really nice body - 60cm, but with some shape to it, without appearing "built". He looks great in jeans and shirts fall beautifully on him, as do t-shirts. He doesn't have that child-like body that some 60cm boys do, with the slightly curved belly/torso - I just can't get past that.

Jace is as "built" as I require. Something more extreme would require him to be naked, as I don't like the look of clothing on the bulked up male body. Toned and some muscle is very nice, but when it gets out of proportion I no longer find it attractive. Just personal taste. But Jace has wonderful muscle tone - just look at that tushy! <3

13. Personally, I LOVE the build on my Dollstown 15boybody. And he doesn't feel painfully thin to me either, although that feeling changes if you put a huge boy's head on it (like the Dollstown Hue/Mui... huge huge head.) But a smaller head looks great.

14. I just ordered Jace :D The second I saw him, I fell in love LOL I do think he's going to need some modification though. I think i'm going to sand his nose a little, as the huge bump on his nose bothers me....and i think i'm going to open his eyes a bit. :)

But I can't wait to get him!

15. Personally, I would love to have a sumo wrestler-type guy, and have him be the biggest softie on the planet! :)

I know you had a Red for awhile, comicbookartistboi! I think the Elfdoll boys and K fit the bill pretty nicely for being not lanky (but not beefy though :sweat ). But, afterall, alot of people don't want realistic type sculpts...I mean could you picture a fat ABJD? I wouldn't mind seeing those either but I don't think they'd sell well at all! :XD:

16. I agree. They probably would not sell well...But one of my characters in my story (I write comics) is a heavy character. he's a REALLY heavy character. I would SO buy a doll of a heavy character. :)

17. Being a "skinny" person descended from all "skinny" family members, I appreciate that my dolls look like me. The girls have long legs and small busts, and the boys have a fragile look while still being obviously MALE. That said, I do like my Elfdoll boy, I just think his musculature wasn't very realistically sculpted. His pecs stick out beyond the edges of his ribcage, giving him a manboobs affect. Sanding those down a bit is in the plan. XD But I dearly love my DIM boy, and he's a skinny little thing.

Dollshe boys do nothing for me, as they are unrealistically skinny. DIM just looks like a small younger man; Dollshe looks emaciated to me.

I like Unidoll Jace's face sculpt, but his build is intimidating to a small person like me. Muscled bulk makes me naturally edgy, for some reason. XD

18. A lot of BJD owners became interested in dolls because this is the first kind of doll which gives us this kind of aesthetic.

I didn't find Ken or GI Joe or other bulky kinds of toys and dolls attractive. So while I wouldn't mind a lean kind of muscle on a doll, I would not buy a bulky or muscled one.

I know there are muscled Obitsu bodies if you're into 27cm dolls.

19. I think that if the arms and legs were too thick, they wouldn't sit right. Like the arms would stick out to the side because they couldn't lay flat. And the legs wouldn't close completely because the resin would be in the way.

It seems like the same reason why boys aren't very well-endowed, because it would get in the way.

20. well, the endowment I'm not really caring about. No one sees it but me anyways. It's not like i pull my boy's pants down and go "LOOK!!! He's got a pee pee!" LOL Well, ok, Only sometimes. LOL

I really just love the idea of a doll that isn't so "thin". I agree, thin dolls are a great thing for those who are thin. But what about people who are not thin? who are either chubby, or even built? I would love seeing dolls of BOTH of these types. :) not everyone is really really really thin LOL