1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Variation of Boy Bodies....

Apr 1, 2007

1. Well, I know the endowment doesn't really MATTER to most people, I was just saying that it's not exactly functional to have big junk XD;;

And I would actually love to mod a female doll to be pudgy. I've wanted to do it for a while, but I don't have the money to buy a body u_u;;

2. vin diesel doll wouldnt be very cute and i like cute so no thanks i think a souldoll body is more than enough muscle for me xD

3. Going beyond that dolls are generally seen as representations of ideal beauty and I can't think of many modern societies that praise fat people, especially in Korea and Japan where most of these dolls are being designed, slender dolls are usually done so because of the mechanics involved.

Resin is heavy and does not move. Therefore, a doll with extra fat on its body would be more unwieldy to pose because of the extra weight of the resin and that the fat rolls do not squish or move like they would on an actual person. Their arms would not lie flat against their sides, or with bulky thighs they would not be able to close their legs. The problems that come with sculpting breasts on dolls that look good would be magnified, boobs move just like fat rolls do when you lay down or sit up or move.

They'd be very difficult to clothe. I wear a size 13 jean comfortably, but I can squish into a size 11 because I can move my pudge around. The doll can't.

4. LOL I know what you mean. I had the Soo Ri....ZOMG, you could barely pull his pants up over tha "thing". LOL

I would love to see a pudgy doll! That would ROCK! I've always loved the "heavier" models, but unfortunately, it's unrealistic that we will ever have a company that would actually sell them. In our plastic world, heavier people are not considered "beautiful", by society's standards, which i hate. Some of the most beautiful people in the world are not waify or thin. Look at people like Monique, or Oprah Winfrey, or Kathy Nijimy. To me, they are all three gorgeous, but, very few people would see that i guess :( :: sigh ::

5. I was about to say what Kim said:

6. In a word: YES! I would love to see a more manly body AND a more manly face sculpt available.

7. Someone pointed me to this thread and I wanted to say.

HECK YES.

I'm an art major, and my next project is a build BJD. I'm not starting him until late this summer or early fall, but the character I'm basing him off of was an ex-gladiator.

BARA BJD ahoy! :D

(think SPARTA ala 300, but with the height of Xerxes)

8. ZOMG. :D I'd SO love to see a beefy Spartan-bodied Xerxes-heighted BJD! But if it was on the market, I don't think I would buy one :(

On the other hand, I really like the bodies with a nice definition to their torsos like Souldoll or Elfdoll. It gives them a different character versus the other bodies with a lanky build. And, in my opinion, it's like, even when you can't see the definition under the clothes, there's this aura of strength that sort of radiates from that kind of guy doll :D

Squee for men of definition! :aheartbea

9. Currently, I'll only be making one for me. XD If it proves feasable to cast him, then I will (or rather, I will send it out to cast it).

So, you can oggle him when he's done. :3

10. EEK!! XD I'm so going to love you forever when you make him! Buff Spartanesque resin hotness! :whee:

I wonder if there are others out there who would love to see a resin bod like that... :XD:

(OT: Speaking of Spartanesque, I checked out Rainman's works lately and saw that he did a fan-sculpture of 300's King Leonidas XD Oh yum~)

11. like... Hulk muscular? or just more toned then average?

12. I'm sorry but... No. Body-builder types make me want to throw up, mostly. The Dollstown 15boy body and Unidoll Jace are about as far as I go--and Jace is seriously pushing it for me. I'm a tiny, tiny lady--I don't mind height, but too much bulk is just... o_o (And by the way, I'm always semi-offended/exasperated when people are like "I want natural body types" and by that they mean fat. The natural state of most animals is not fat, people--man included. You don't see pudged-up tigers running around the jungle, do you? No. It's a mild peeve, but one that's there still.)

I love my slender boys, my small-breasted girls, and oh those Dollshe boys and their heroine chic... Beefed up guys are not for me. (You know all that turns to fat when you hit 45, right?)

13. [​IMG]

Here is a reference picture. I'de say he's more towards hulk than toned, but that's mostly because he's incredibly tall. He used to be a gladiator, so I'de say definately if you've seen the 300 movie, that's how built he is.

14. PM me that link, girl!!!

15. The Volks SD16 Yukinojo is a seriously toned boy. Seriously. And he's got the most amazing smaller waist which just works perfectly with the double torso joints. He's a gorgeous, gorgeous "muscular male" sculpt.

But...I'm clearly on the side that prefers the slouchy lank of the Dollshe guys. ;)

16. I'm not a big fan of muscular bodies IRL, so it just stands to reason that I'd like my dolls to be kind of lean and lanky as well :3

In fact, I haven't been able to find one skinny enough for me! They're usually either too muscular on the chest area, or too thick and shapeless on the torso, IMHO :( The best in terms of lankiness for me would be a hound or model doll, but those still have pretty built upper bodies, and rather muscular legs *sighs* I want a smooooth flowy sort of doll body.

17. Y-E-S!

It seems like the only options when it comes to the 60cm boys are young, waify, bishie boys. ): They're beautiful and clearly have a market and I do enjoy seeing other's dolls, but if I'm putting money down on a boy doll, I want a doll that looks like a MAN! I've got a slot in my storyline for a 60cm boy, and just cannot find a body and face to match him. (he's not a bish, nor he he a "kid") It's incredibly frustrating. Yukinojo's very tempting, as is Iplehouse Aaron, but I don't care for Yuki's face or Aaron's body. XD Can I mix and match?

Perhaps not body builder, but I would love to see more builds like Yukinojo! And more mature, manly faces to go along with them. (lols along with Shiwoo on an SD16 body)

:o .... will you be offering dolls for sale....? :aheartbea

18. better idea XD

19. I hate when people are like "Fat is not the natural way of the body". No, it isn't NORMALLY the "natural" way of the body. But at the same time, don't bring the "But the animals aren't like that" argument into it, because i'm not a rat. Or a dog, or a cat, or a horse, or any other woodland creature. (and just for the record, there are some HELLA fat animals) My roommate has a cat that is 24 pounds, and WADDLES when she walks) But my point is that not all people are built all waify and anorexic. Yes, i understand that BJD's are styled much for the need to put clothing on them. That's not my point. My point is that if we can have a Lishe body, with double d boobies, and we can have boy dolls with gorgeously feminine aspects, what's wrong with having a boy doll like the one that Dechanique is going to make? I"D BUY ONE IN A HEARBEAT! and that reference pic you showed, Dech....OMG, LOVE!!!!!

As far as "fat" goes, i've seen some gorgeous heavy people. And i'd LOVE to see one as a BJD. I'm not one of those shallow people that think only "thin" people are beautiful. I love in anime when you see all types of characters. Old, young, skinny, heavy, muscular, fat, you name it. Why couldn't the BJD world be like that? Personally, in real life, uber thin guys make me :barf. I love it on a doll tho. Personally, i'm not a fan of thin boys. I prefer my men to be able to bench-press me LMAO

Think of it this way.....you girls and guys who loooooove the thin or slighty built boy dolls all get to have your ideal boys made in BJD form. I'm simply saying it would be cool if there were BJD's that had even BIGGER muscles. And the way our dolls are made does not prevent it. If it can be done on a figure that is 6 inches tall, and has more details than the most detailed BJD, it can be done on a doll that is 2-3 feet tall.

As is evident in the postings of this thread, a bigger built boy doll would do well. It's just a matter or personal preference :)

20. I think it would be fun to see, but I wouldn't personally want my dolls like that. But then I've always been a fan of the more lanky boys.