1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Variation of Boy Bodies....

Apr 1, 2007

1. *waves hands* I didn't meant that offensively. It's more resentment from a lifetime of, "Skinny? You must do something and be athletic. Here, do this physically demanding thing even though you're barely bigger than a child." (And when I say fat I do mean obese, not a little chubbers. I think that's cute on girls--not so much on boys, but that's just me and I've always been that way.) Also, re: fat cat--that's not GOOD for the cat though, is it? I have fat cats too, and it's 'cos they don't move around ever and they eat too much food (by virtue of having three cats, who all steal each other's food). I'd get into a whole thing on nutrition and lifestyle habits, BUT. It's not really important. XD

Actually, though I'd never want one, ever, I'd love to SEE other people have them. XD (Kind of the way I feel about Sabik...) I really like Dechanique's idea... (Though I may just be reacting to her art, which I have on a Tshirt so obviously I like it and have for several years.)

2. hehehe I know what you mean...But i got THREE fat cats LOL In fact, i used to have a fat RAT, as well as a fat CAT :) I'm kinda a football player's type build. LOL So i cannot really (nor could i ever) identify with the thing types LOL

3. NICE drawing :D That's pretty much what I was talking about

4. OMG!!! An Arnold doll would rock my world!! Especially if it was modeled for his younger years ("Mr. Universe"!!!:D :D :D ). I would drive my hubbie nuts with a doll like that, would even convert to SD to own one!! I was just complaining the other day that I want my Ruth to have a bigger, overly masculine, body builder -type body.... but will have to settle for Lati blue "muscular" . I do have a bias towards twiggy boys:ablah: , even though I own, and love MNF boys I want bigger,BIGGER boy bodies!!!

5. My Domuya Flexi-body is just the right amount of manliness for me. My only complaint is that the legs are just a little too long.

~Eppie-

6. OMG!! I'll keep my eyes open for him.;)

7. Thanks everyone for the kind comments <3

Idoru- you're a fan! How exciting! You know, strangely, I've run across a couple fans of my art/website in the doll community- small world!

I've got alot of art to do before A/X in july (several peices of art auction, and a comic to show at the tokyopop open portfolio), so I probably won't be starting to build my boy until late summer.

I'll definately be posting in the artist section when I start him though :)

8. I love skinny skinny boys; too much muscle on a guy actually scares me to a certain extent. XDD
      I always complain that my CP boy's arms are to muscular.. and they really aren't. xD So more muscular/manly dolls wouldn't really appeal to me.

9. I adore skinny boys in general, but I WOULD love one muscley doll one day for my original character Rex. Right now I'm in the process of making my OC's into dolls, and I've pretty much given up on ever finding a good body for Rex. (he's very tanned and has DBZ style muscles) v.v But if I ever do find one, I would LOVE to get it.

10. Not a fan of too thin or too muscular, I prefer the SD13 boy body because it balances those things fairly well. Love how Volks sculpts little folds of fat into their doll bodies. I particularly miss the little "fat lines" of the old SD13 boy body, although the sleekness of Pureskin is lovely too, especially on the long leg body which is my favorite BJD body.

The chubby innocence of the SD10 boy body is adorable too, would someday like a jointed torso normal leg length boy to compare with my Magical Michael body. And as troublesome as the posing on the original oldskin SD10 body is, I'd love to get one of those someday too. The slender legs are lovely, but the fat thighs on that old body are so sweet and doll-like :aheartbea

11. Wow, I seem to be reviving this thread after a very long absence...but since I'm currently searching more a toned/cut guy in the 65-70 range...

I've been looking around for a more toned body myself, and they do seem to be out there (I like the Soom Super Gems and the Unidolls), but it seems that they are not being offered solo...:...(

I really like the lanky types (my other dolls are pretty lanky), but I would love to see more companies offer more body options.

12. I love the skinny little huggable boy bodies... I find muscles creepy 0_o they look so...snakey.

13. i like the thinness! although, i dont like DIM's abs at all. I wish they sculpted that a little better... hes like, all skinny, but has this really defined chest and abs. doesnt make sense.

but for the sake of the hobby in all, I'd love to see more variation in bodies. Maybe even average women and men, including muscular or more athletic builds. It would give people alot more slack to play with in getting what they want.

Vin Disel would make an awesome doll btw AHAHA

14. If there was a large, muscular type of doll, depending on the face, I'd probably want it. Several of my characters are very heavily muscled and actually having a sculpt of that body type would be fantastic. As it stands, I could never get some of my characters as BJD's because they're so heavily muscled *sigh*.

One of the things I would like to see more of is the minis with more of an adult looking body. I know there are a few but for the most part, they look rather childlike.

15. As far as body type, I really have no preference so long as it accurately depicts the character. Incidentally, both of my male characters are on the rather slim side.

There's (an attempt at) logic behind it, though. The younger of the two is an adolescent boy at that stage when they can imbibe any inordinate amount of food without gaining too much weight because of his metabolism. He also doesn't have much of an appetite for various reasons. At the same time, he's self-conscious about his image and does exercise, giving him some muscle mass. So the body for him is pretty much a middle ground, which is just fine by me. I wouldn't prefer a very muscled body unless there were obvious reasons behind it. But I'm also less inclined to make a very muscular character because I don't find muscles remarkably attractive in excess.

16. I actually really hate the way that muscles look on RL people. D: I'd never buy a beefy BJD, I love the thinness too muchhh.

17. Yeah, sometimes I wish a body with better definied muscles, especially for a character which is supposed to be a russian soldier....the way too thin bodies just doesn't fit for him D:

But I also wish a female body with muscles for a Zooling Bliz doll, but that's...a dream.
      In Dollworld (and for most people in the world) women have to be thin and pretty XD'

18. i want a Unidoll Jace. he's next on my to-buy-list. i'd like to see more manly muscular MAN-DOLLS. i'm kind of fed up with all the skinny emo boys. i don't like Action Man or GI Joe though. they don't need to be secret agents or soldiers to be manly.

i do think you're right about the torso being sculpted to be muscular, but then failing on the arms and legs. there are so many bodies with a six pack and then they have skinny twig arms and legs :lol:

19. People looking for a well-built muscle man - check out the Iplehouse Elder... er... Man. (Ara* - I even think his normal face has some slavic features here and there ;) )

As for me.... I like muscle on taller guys. Actually, I like lanky. A certain proportion of various limbs and body parts. Taller men that fill this proportion have more room for muscle. I like well-toned bodies, so not too much adipose tissue but a nice amount of muscle present in athletic people (that build muscle at the same time they burn fat). Once it starts looking like bench pressing (More muscle - but fatty tissue layer still there), it's not attractive to me.... which is what most western male models tend to be.

The Domuya Flexi-Perennial is like.... the best male doll body to me. Because it represents what I like in real life - maybe a biiiiit more beefy depending on the actual height of the guy, but still really nice. :D

I love seeing different variations of male doll bodies though... And would love to see more variation in female dolls. (I need a girl with large breasts and hips! No more willowy, please!)

20. If I could find one that looked like the Rock I would get it. I have a character who is inspired by Silent Hill (Pyramid Head) and is extremely tall and extremely muscular. His face isn't shown, but just to find that sort of unbelievable build would be nice. He's supposed to have a cleaver that weighs enough that it leaves a trail behind him when he drags it across tile, thus he must have some pretty strong muscles to be able to simply pull it, let alone lift it over his head.