1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Variation of Boy Bodies....

Apr 1, 2007

1. Woah...I got kinda scared...I just pictured a BJD Arnold Swartcheneger(i know this name is spelled wrong...).....creepy....so my reply would be...no I like my thin boy ^^ hes pretty and adorable and he doesn't need any muscles.

2. For boy dolls, the thinness is fine. However, if it's a larger man doll, I'd like to see one that is more manly so to speak.

3. I absolutely love the Akando body sculpt! It's funny, I do love the slender boys in the BJD world....(I am envious of anyone who owns either a Hound or Husky..) but in real life not so much. In real life I prefer lighter weight boxers and soccer players; I think they have the perfect amount of lean muscle. Freddie Ljungberg and Iker Casillas as BJDs? Sure, why not? :D

4. Boys boys boys! How I love boys! Tall short skinny curvy musclebound wimpy leggy stocky heroin-chic red-meat mature juvenile soft ripped! It's all there in resin! And I! love! them! Bring 'em on. :aheartbea All 31 Flavors.

(OK, OK, only 8 flavors are shown there. I don't have a wide-angle lens.)

5. I like the long, lean, clean lines of the boy dolls. I wouldn't want them beefed up like an action figure. (Too hard to sew clothes to go over the bulging muscles!!) :)

6. I definitely don't mind thin boys. However, there are a few characters that if I ever make into dolls, I would probably want a more muscular physique, like Iplehouse's elder body. :)

7. i wouldn't only becuase i happen to like boys that are thin and toned rather than really muscular

8. Exactly! I love LOVE the ability to get a variety of all styles and sizes. :D Both with boys and with girls... I love the curvy girl bodies I have (DD2, Super Gem, Soulkid-Double, older Elfdoll with her wonderful thighs), but I wish there were more options for slim, willowy girls with small busts. Real smaller busts... like A-cup or small B-cup instead of just "not ginormous". I could sand down breasts on a current body, but I still want the realistic shape/sculpting and I'm not sure I could pull that off. I'd also like to join the group who would enjoy a more athletic female body too, maybe one with more boyish hips. Variety = good!

But... back to boys, I like the fact that I have one skinny slacker boy (on an FDoll body) and one muscled "pool boy", as we jokingly call him (Lati Red). I hope to get even more variety in the future! I was so excited to see Akando, to see that Iplehouse is expanding the options even further. :aheartbea

9. I don't think I would ever even consider a bulky doll. I love how thin and soft mine look.
      My DoD looks so child-like and healthy, but I also love how thin and elegant my new BBB looks.
      However, I think it would be cool to have a doll that looks like a nice, fit, young man, with muscle tone everywhere. He would have to be just that though, definitely not anything like a Marvel super hero.

10. Me too!! I want to see a "shorter" boy with some meat on his bones. Something that will instantly make me want to say "man" instead of "boy". ;) Not super-duper-OMG-does-the-human-body-even-HAVE-those-muscles? built. Just something a little....thicker would delight me. :)Like a (American!) Football Player!

As for girls, I also have to agree with you. Definitly a lack of nicly athletic girls available. The Twigling body is nice. I have a character that I want to be athletic, but the Twigling body doesn't suit her perfectly either. So I have undertaken to start sculpting her a body myself.

11. I like skinny and curvy boys best for real people and certainly for dolls, however, I do like to see variety- not all of my characters are to be "pretty".
      I really like to see some of the newer more muscular dolls- even if I don't buy them I love looking the same way I like looking at minis which I don't buy XD

12. I like boys with thin/slim physique, and in real life too. I've never been much of a 'muscles' kind of a girl.I think that the 'fragile' appearance of the dolls adds to the idea that they are our playthings, and we can mold them into the characters we concieve for them, and for lack of a better word, 'control' them. isn't it easier to control something 'weak'?

13. I wouldn't mind a more muscular male. Maybe that'll get people to stop calling my boys "girls" lol. But...I'm already having trouble making pants to fit Vestige's thick man-thighs...so nothing too muscular e.e;

14. Well since I think Vin Diesal is delish head to toe I vote YES YES YES!!!!!

But seriously yes I WANT a boy doll with some muscle on him! My current doll is supposed to be slender and slightly girly looking but his boyfriend is a blacksmith..... from the days when it was ALL done by hand! His arm is almost the size of the smaller boy's thigh! I would KILL for a brawny mold!

15. I would like to see a more 'beefy' guy for sure, but I don't think I would actually buy one, unless it was to a very specific taste of mine. Still, I do like the variety that is currently here.

16. [THREAD RESURRECTION!! >8D;;;;]

I actually think it's pretty great how we're starting to see such a variation in the different kinds of body-types a person can get with their boy dolls recently~~for example, I know so many people love how you can choose between the 'normal' body and the 'muscular' body for MNF boys----and my goodness, compare the girlish thinness of a Ringdoll kid boy with that of an Iplehouse JID boy's toned, muscular form---both are MSD-sized dolls, but the difference in body type is astounding! <3

Personally, I love to see the growing variety of boys with varying body-types! [Now if only we could see some muscular lady dolls? Anyone?] But yes, thin and waif-like or bulky and muscular, I love to see it all! Variety truly is the spice of life, so keep the variety coming, doll companies! ;)

17. I actually have a doll based on Vin Deisel, and as soon as he gets to the US (he is one of the ones still in Aus) I am getting him the body to match, a Lost Angells Thunder body. Man that boy is buff. I had a hard time getting a burly body, not that they don't make them, but that they don't make them in 60 CM size, the smallest I could find was Iplehouse and they are 62 CM and it is a BIG difference when he is a TWIN and his twin is on an OLD IH body that is only 60 cm. Abel is a CP Moon who is permanently bald. When people want to know about him I say "think of Vin in Fast and Furious, that sort of quiet smoulder and throaty voice".

Check the body out here

My personal taste is generally for slender tall men, my partner is 6'4 and lanky, but with great shoulders, and I think he is beautiful (seriously, he is a slightly softer Supergem body) and most of my boys reflect this taste, but now and then something beefy get my attention, Hello Jean Claude Van Damme and Vin Deisel!

18. i noticed this too. In fact the only male dolls i want right now are Iplehouse's manly men, with the wonderful super hero body.
      I saw lots of muscular but thin sculpts too, but to me they seem unrealistic and kind of sad. it seems like they're starving! :o
      i like my dolls healthy. :)

I think that the presence of so many thin dolls is probably because of different culture thus different ideal of an attractive person in asian countries.
      sorry if my post didn't make too much sense, i just woke up. :sweat

19. I'd love a bit of a beefier looking boy doll! I don't like my boys in real life to be total sticks, so why would I want my dollie to look like that? It's actually the reason I haven't gotten myself a boy doll yet (though B&Gs Sharon finally convinced me!). I'm not talking ultra beefie, either. Just a nicely defined set of muscles on the entire body and a little thicker, that's all.

20. I'm so happy that the doll companies are starting to beef up some of their guys..I like the thin ones but I also like the Akandos (scuse the drooling). Time has passed since comicbookartistboi first started this thread and things are much better now!
      :aheartbea boys..