1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Very first stains/cracks/dents/marks?

Jun 5, 2009

1. When I was first starting out, I switched out one of Kelyn's (DoD Wi) hands, but I used a chopstick to hold out his elastic. XD And when I took the chopstick out, it had dented in his wrist a little. I went "Oh, god!" and then I realized I couldn't see it at all with his hand back on. Hahahha. XD

2. My mother made a little mascara stain on my tiny(been sold), and I totally freaked out since it had oil in it. I immediately removed the mark but a light, tiny stain remained. It didn't change my view on the doll, but I did have to set some ground rules when it came to others touching my doll.

3. To be honest the first scratch I was worried about, but it was on her back so I never saw it and even after the magic eraser you can barely see it and it's covered by clothes and/or her wig. Stains I spazzed but it came off. Cracks...ugh I did this to the inside of her head where the shook sits to keep her head on and I flipped out until I figured out how to fix it.

Important thing is everything can be fixed in some way and if it happens and can't be fixed no big deal. So long as it's not major to the doll, just take it in stride.

4. I tried opening Hayvn's eyes with steam and ended up tearing an eyelid a few millimeters. Needless to say I stopped the operation ,_, She is definitely mine now. ^^;

5. Nothing major in the way of breaks or scatches. Just little marks from falls that are easily removed with magic erasers.
      But Rayne's foot magnet came out and when I tried using school glue to put it back I lost the magnet. So I tried to use an extra hand magnet and super glue. Really liquid-y runny super glue. Her ankle no longer moves. So I tried to sand it out but the ankle got really chipped and scratched. I tried brush cleaner which ended in a bit of staining and little chips. I'm gonna try acetone to get the glue off and sand her leg a bit. Then I'm gonna get epoxy to remould her leg a bit. With sanding of course. And then I'll get her a new body and sell the one she has now with her juri face and the ani face the bodies come with.
      So I'd say that even though my first mess up was a very bad one, I still handled it nicely.

6. My first damage actually happened just tonight. I had my DOC Zen sitting on top of a cabinet and my dad opened the cabinet, knocking Mikail into the sink and snapping the middle finger on his right hand clean off. ONLY the middle finger, oddly enough.

It's a clean break so it's easy enough to glue back on but my dad's been freaking all night, offering to pay me for the doll and even offering to buy me a new one.

I just keep telling him that Mikail's easy to fix and, when it comes down to it for me, he's just a toy. I may not be able to replace him (nor do I EVER want to) but it's not the end of the world if he gets a war wound or two during his life with me. :D

7. I found a chip on my dollfie's hand and there a few scratches from when she fell off the shelf other wise, shes fine well i think theres something wrong on her right foot, not sure what though

8. Back when I was a bjd n00b, I was of the naive belief that all those warnings about possible wig/clothes staining didn't apply to me. Yeah, stupid, I know xD. So imagine my surprise when I removed Tatsuya's wig for the first time since getting him (back when he was still known as Aya) and found a big yellow stain all over his forehead and headcap!

To this day I have no idea what it was or how it got there, but I remember having rushed to the store for a Magic Eraser. It worked, thankfully, so whatever the heck that stain was, it wasn't permanent.

Fortunately, I've never experienced breakage or chips on my end here at home. I HAVE had dolls come with broken fingers, though. The first was Valen, his finger broke off in transit but was easily fixed. Then Ambrosine, who already had a broken finger when I bought her that I knew about, it's since fallen back off like 3 times xD. Latest was this afternoon, I was too lazy to repair it and it's lying on the shelf next to her. Kind of morbid looking!

Then today my poor Abadon's body came with three consecutive broken fingers on each hand! I was mildly horrified but I fixed it :) .

9. My doll's first 'accident' was the result of a duh moment from me.

I wanted to try something different with her and thought it would be interesting to use two small latex balloons as socks for her.. Well, at first they wouldn't go on, so I wet it a bit..

Her foot turned purple. Freaking purple.

So yeah, moral of the story, balloons do not make very good socks.

*_*

Edit: After a night of scrubbing, her foot was fine, no permanent stains. She hasn't had any other accidents since.

10. My doll face gets sticky sometimes & looks dirty. I have to clean it off but it really needs to be completely redone.

11. Um... I stained my first doll within seconds of getting him XD I wanted to make him clothes and I've never been good with measurements or patterns so I was just tracing around him and stupidly used a sharpie.

It was my own fault and it doesn't show when he has clothes on, so it didn't really bother me at all.

12. His glasses constantly make black marks on his nose. The first time I noticed, I almost started crying because I thought I'd never get rid of it, and I was afraid to use a magic eraser so close to his face-up. I got over it pretty quickly and used the edge of the eraser to rub it off. Since then I've thrown some acrylic sealer on the glasses, and the marks haven't been as common or as bad. So all is well~
      Nothing else has really happened, though... thankfully!

13. My first doll's first accident happened before I even got her...I opened her box and she had a chunk out of her ankle, and the piece wasn't in with her, so she still has a big chip almost a centimetre wide and half a centimetre tall out of her ankle...I got used to it pretty quixkly and it doesn't really affect her posing so I pretty much forgot about it until right now.

14. I've had my boy for over a year now (wow, how the time does fly) and so far I'm happy to report no damage. He did fall once in the past year but no damage was done.

He does however have a bit of staining around the top of his head (from his wig) but its no big deal as his wigs cover it up. ^^

15. Another "Duh" moment:

Tamboy arrived on a Tuesday, Saturday morning I got everything out to add freckles to his face up. My new can of MSC was ready and primed and I sprayed his face. I guess I held the can too close to his face because the MSC bubbled and ran a little. So without thinking I grabbed a paper towel to wipe it up.....and yeah you guessed it took off a strip of his face up!. So I ended up having to wipe the majority of his faceup off and to my surprise found I liked him better without all that paint on his cheeks!

16. I had one nasty accident two weeks ago... I took my boys outside to take a couple of pictures because the weather was really nice that day. Anyway, I positioned Osei on a rock IN a pond (I went to a Japanese Garden xD). I thought 'well, he stands perfectly fine all the time, so why worry?'. Big mistake :doh. Of course, the fell over... Instead of falling into the water (which wouldn't have been that bad), he fell face first and hit his nose on the stone *_*. Now he has a litte scratch on his cheek and the sealer on his nose got chipped. I'm not sure if I'm sending him off to get a new face-up or if I'm doing it myself :|.

17. I didn't even notice for a long time but Tima's got a small scuff on her face up. :C But it's under her chin so it's actually unnoticeable to anyone but me LOL. I don't know whether it's just dirt or if the MSC chipped off or what. But it doesn't really matter-she still looks beautiful ^^ I don't know how I'd react to something worse happening to her...Though I've kinda got the attitude that if something happens it'll be able to somehow be fixed. I think my mom would be more upset if something happened because she knows I'd be upset inside despite my "it's fine" exterior :'D Oh yeah, and her tights stained her feet. Probably because they're WAYYYY to tight but I couldn't stand not having the rest of the outfit and not the tights so I forced em on. It's not too too noticeable and it doesn't really bother me-could probably fix it if I could be arsed to

18. The first few times my girl (that has since been adopted by a new family) fell nothing really happened but when I got Mark I was doing a photo shoot of the two of them meeting and a small wind blew and knocked her over since she (being a Bobobie pixie) was significantly smaller than Mark (a DZ Megi). The fall gave her what looked like a vampire bite on her back near one of the shoulder blades. I was worried at first but then I thought it was endearing

19. All my dolls have a small problem. My dzLeo has a spot in her blushing. In the beginning I didn't knew the effect of nailpolishremover and she has a small stain under her chin. It's hard to see if you don't know it's there, so I don't really care tbh;
      My dzHid has an annoying neck-shook. Everytime I want to put his head on or off it scratches a bit on the inside of the hole in his head. Oh, and he has some black spot on the edge of his face, underneath the wig. I don't know where it comes from but don't really care, it's a part of him I would say.
      More painful is a scratch my Sapphira has. I was restringin him and putting on his hand. Somehow the hooks didn't go to their place immediately and left some deep scratches in his wrist. I tried to sand them away but that is harder than I thought... I only have him one month now -_-

20. actually, i didn't care when it happened for the first time. mostly, my Haru had her faceup and head damaged a lot (chipped lip faceup, a quite large green stain near her eyebrow and black wig marks all over the head, and i know it's impossible to remove them.)
      actually, i still find her perfect. i think those little defects are a part of her uniqueness :)