1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Very first stains/cracks/dents/marks?

Jun 5, 2009

1. My first meetup he looks perfect (from what I saw) until I get there and set him up... and across the room I'm looking at him and thinking "What's that on his face?" Nice little white scratch through his dye job.

2. Thankfully, nothin was broken or scrached yet. But my girl once got a little dirt on her legs, and I had my heart beating more than often until I cleaned her. I thought that dirt might never come off !

3. I am very particular about things being perfect and clean. If one of my possessions gets damaged/marked in some way, I'm likely to reject it and either buy a new one (highly unpractical given this hobby!!!) or simply throw it away in frustration.

Having said that, the first time one of my boys got a mark (from some clothing, I presume) I was quite upset until I discovered the wonder that is magic eraser. From then on, I learnt that small scratches and dents can be gently sanded away. So really, whatever damage befall my boys, I feel comforted knowing that it's easily remedied and I don’t worry at all about it nowadays. (And of course, I'm always super-careful to ensure nothing happens to them anyway! :))

4. It was weird the first time I dropped my doll I was like" GASP" BUt then I saw she was okay and I was more careful.

A little dirt or smudge doesnt bother me I just clean it right up.

But it was weird because the time my doll was knocked down by my rebel cat and actually broke my dolls leg al lI said was " Naughty Kitty!" but other then a little dissapointed I didnt sulk to much about it.

5. The first stain on Aurora was when I marked something with permanent marker. It was blue, and I hadn't noticed it got all over my fingers. I went to pose Aurora on the table, touching her face, hands and knees.

When I finally noticed, there were blue marks on her. >.< I was so panicked and mad at myself.
      But I got out the magic eraser and scrubbed those marks right out. ^^;
      Now I'm more careful.

6. I had a rubber band holding Asriel's wig on, and at one point I took it off and noticed it was leaving a ring around his head. D : It's really not noticeable at all, even I can barely see it, but I took the rubberband off since then (and now his wig slips all over!) and definitely need to find a better solution. That's the only problem I've encountered so far. :eusa_pray

7. My Megi has a tiny dent by his belly button, but he nearly never shows his belly button so I didn't freak out most. It was caused by his belt I think. >_<

I mainly worry about the faces.

The first time I dropped him, I flipped out, but he got out with like some of the MSC rubbing off the underside of his chin so that wasn't so bad either.

8. get a white rubber balloon. or clear, but i found white works well. cut off the part that u blow in or more depends on the size of the head, then tada wigcap!

as for my storey, i was restringing my LE topaz from Soom and i was looking inside of her torso when my hands slipped and her 2 halfs clamped down on each other!! made big dents on her back. i learned how to boil them out like magik! haha and now she just has a small dent. i kinda like it, makes her more mine i guess. ^^ i might have to get rid of that body though so that might make me sad =((

but when it first happend i had a heart attack because she was LE but it was ok once i realised the body can be replaced here on the MP lol

9. With my first BJD, my jeans ended up staining one of her legs blue. Even with thorough cleaning using the magic eraser, the stain did not come off entirely... albeit it was much less noticeable afterwards. At that time, though, I was upset to the point that I contemplated buying her a whole new body :lol: silly. I love her just fine the way she is, even with the barely visible stain on her calf.

-M

10. Honestly, nothing too bad has happened to my girl yet! She's taken a tumble or two, but typically at worst she'll have a small stain that scrubs right off with a magic eraser.

When I first got her, I thought that her seam lines were cracks and almost had a heart attack. :doh I found one on her hand, then I was like; "THERE'S ONE ON HER ARM TOO! OMG THERE'S ONE ON HER WAIST! OMFG THEY'RE EVERYWHERE MY POOR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!"
      XD Luckily I had a doll-friend who had been in the hobby long enough to calm me down and assure me that they were just seam lines. XD

I've also taken some VERY tiny junks out of her neck hole with her s-hook! Sometimes I have brain-farts and forget to use thread to finish pulling elastic through Allura's neck hole, so I end up fiddling with the s-hook and thread for eons before I remember... Once or twice I've taken a teeny bit of resin off of the hole with the s-hook. :(
      I don't worry about it too much though, because they're not visible and they're certainly not hurting anything. XP

11. Valentino's first stains were from his dark clothes. They are grayish-black mainly at his hip joints.

But his first (knock on wood, it would be the last) major accident that has occured to him was his thumb snapping off. To me, it was terrible and I couldn't even think about him without feeling sick, even after gluing it back on. He looked perfectly fine with the hand, but it still bothered me. And even when I had switched out the hand, he now has some faint blue marks on his body. The ink on my hands from writing had not dried when gluing back his finger and it ended up rubbing off on him. I guess it's Valentino's way of telling me "Do you remember that day when you snapped my thumb off, mom?". :(
      He did get some non-permanent marks from his first days with me, because all he had to wear was a manskirt made out of a sock. Luckily, being the over-careful n00b I was, I would clean him with a baby-wipe every night and they would come right off... I don't think this counts, though.

12. For me it was when my boyfriend and I were restringing a body I had recently bought of the marketplace. When we were putting on his foot we accidentaly let go and his body went flying across the room. :P

After picking it up I saw the top half of a torso had a lovely crack up the middle.

I put a clear bonding substance on it, however the crack is still visable. I'm still working on a way to cover it up since sanding doesn't work since it's a crack, not a scratch.

13. Thankfully my dolls have suffered no major damage thus far. They all get clothing stains from time to time (even though I have washed some of the clothes that repeatedly leave marks... >.< ) and my HDF has a black wig that leaves stains, but none of it really concerns me. Every once in a while I'll take the magic eraser and clean them, but that's all.

14. The first time i ever scratched one of my dolls I ended up selling it...
      It was a bad situation though, my sisters dog got his claws on the poor boys face and when i asked her to help pay for the repairs she said no, it ended with my mom calling me up screaming about being mean to my sister and I felt so bad i sold the boy. :sweat Really not handled well.

15. The firs thing bad that ever happened to my boy... was the dreaded DoD Leg crack ._. I was and still am really sad about..

16. Umm, I found some really cute little rings in the store where I work, and brought them home for my girl to wear as bracelets... but after a while I realized they were leaving tons and tons of itty bitty scratches all over her forearm! I don't think it would be hard to get rid of them and I have removed the bracelets (which is such a shame, because they're adorable and she really liked them), but the scratches are so hard to notice I'm not too concerned with them right now. ^^;;

17. First imperfection: When I opened the box. :(

My doll's left hand was chipped on arrival!

18. Lol, I don't know why or when it happened, since I've never dropped Brittany, and she didn't come this way...but a while back, I discovered a BIG GIANT CHIP on the back of her head. So I freaked out initially, and then went, "well, the wig covers it..." and then I thought, "Now her head moves better." <3

19. The first think that ever happened to my first doll was a wig stain. She was wearing a wig cap at the time (which I thought would prevent that?), and I had been checking the wig everyday with no staining...so I stopped checking...and I looked a few days later to find that she had a colored sort of ring around her head under the edge of the wig cap...
      :: sigh ::
      It does not come off. It is completely hidden by her wig, so I suppose it doesn't matter, but I am super careful about checking under wigs and clothing for my dolls now. I also wash everything until all water is clear. Now I only use the wig cap for meets, where I don't want her hair in her eyes...also I never take her wig off in public...I feel so bad about it still....

20. When I received my Apple , well after I got arrival pics , I tried (as usual) to restring it ... it was very very tight , so tight that was almost impossible to remove feet & hand parts , well I removed the head and while I was using all my strength trying to get the hook out of one foot it got out of my hand , hopefully the foot didn't broke (it "landed" on the soft couch) :sweat ... but the hook cut my finger badly ,& I ended bleeding all over my doll ,not the most wonderful thing , it was too much blood & almost on every part of doll's body , I cleaned Apple at once but in 1-2 places it stained a bit .. it's not noticeable & I don't mind , head & make up was far away from me & nothing broke :sweat .. but ... my little gore Apple doll got her first bloody stains (literally) ... :|