1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Victorian Winter Dolls discussion

Jun 30, 2010

1. :D Thank you! Yes, I actually want to be able to release them in all colors I come out with (So if you get a purple or green you can still get different hands or ears for them) It'll be a bit harder to match the colors precisely but if you order them at the same time there shouldn't be a problem :)

The Teg line is going to have a bunch of different hands feet and ears (including human) that you can get in the Enhancements section :) Each one will have their own set, but if you have one doll you can buy the other doll's set (If you buy the wings they come with their own torso if specified)

I do too! Oh, I just have her corset color changed so it matches more with the rest of the outfit (Its a powder blue instead of a cyan blue) Gwendolyn will also have a corset though ;)

2. Freya: Those look really nice! Yea, Sunlight goes wacky on my camera (doesn't give precise colors!) I have a lil set up for them, but only one lamp lol.

:O That would be awesome! You can even steal a pump out of one of those cheap office fountains: http://www.aspencountry.com/assets/product_images/product_lib/35000-35999/35597.jpg
      XD I can't spell it either lol

Lady: Thank you! :D She's not limited, so she'll be waitin for ya ;)
      Aww, that would be adorable <3<3

3. Well Sunny California and Sunny Vegas ... too much light. I'm surrounded by metal and glass -- makes crappy photos. XD I just grab some cloth and drap it across the windows though so that helps.

I like the fountain! what a great site. *saves for later*

You have a great weekend!

4. Freya1924..........oh I wished I hadn't looked! Those pictures are wonderful!

THeMonkeyThatSees..........Are you going to be making fantasy wear with a hint of Victorian in designs? I sew for Jpopdolls in a tiny scale with antique pieces of material from strong clothing pieces. I can't wait to see yours!!!

Oh VictorianWinter! I am just crazy over your ideas you have for these faeries! Mine will be traveling in a straw basket I have for a purse.

5. I have bucket-loads of ideas for clothing!

I love Victorian/turn-o-the-century design and will for sure be making some things along those lines, and defiantly some ideas that will have less obvious influences of those eras.

One design in particular would be a "Victorian Winter" costume..Meaning a winter season Victorian outfit..But that would be a bit more than a hint of Victorian now wouldn't it? :-D

I really wanna do a regency era dress...Think Jane Austin. >.O

6. I would love some regency styles, so graceful!

Are the clothes going to be in limited runs or will they be unlimited (with allowance of fabric/trim changes as needed) ???

7. Some limited some not. It depends on the style. I was thinking I may sell X number of the item as one price range and after that not keep it in stock and charge a small re-stocking fee. It depends on how board I get with the design...hehe
      I don't wanna get stuck with the same old designs, I like lots of variety.
      I also do Minifee clothing, and if I manage to order Iplehouse Benny, I'll be able to do JID clothing as well.

8. You have read my mind totally TheMonkeyThatSees!

We love Jane Austin styles! I even have dresses for myself that resemble that wonderful Regency Era!

Teg is going to look just wonderful in these! Oh please hurry!!!! ( I know rushing is impossible, but we can't wait to see the ideas come to life) Being a clothing artist myself, I LOVE to support other artists..........especially those with my same taste.

Okay now going to try and get some sleep...........after staring at Teg until brain damaged set in! LOL

9. Ooo...Odette is so pretty...>.<...
      Is there any future plan to make boy fairy? Heehee...

10. I am so very excited about the new photos! I am going to be moving soon and my rent is going to literally triple. I'm thinking I need to buy Odette ASAP now, since I can afford it, rather than when I live in poverty due to the almighty rent next month!

11. I've never seen French resin, scary! I was thinking of the transparent parts on Domuya's Drui. You can see her elastic through her legs and it looks 'unfinished' to me. If this was used intentionally to make a "bone doll" that might be cool, but to creepy for me personally.

I was thinking about the bottom part of Soom Amber's hooves which look like shiny clouds. It is swirly enough that nothing shows through but clear enough that it looks like clouds trapped in glass (weird description).

For me, pretty much any fancy colored resin is beautiful, but what really sells it is when it is either transparent/pearly or regular colored resin with shimmery sparkles (some of Souldoll's fantasy colors look like they shimmer but that might be the blushing, I think other companies have found a way to get the shimmer into the resin itself?).

I was watching Disney's Fantasia today and thinking, "why don't more companies make dolls that looks like the fairys from this movie, they are soo soo pretty." I can't wait till you have some colored fairies Victorianwinter! I am going to put a little flippy wig on her and a garland of flowers for clothes and that's it. It'll be perfect :)

12. There's also the clear resin legs on Angelheim's new Ice Queen Zena doll:
      http://angelheim.com/shop/step1.php?number=660

I was thinking about getting them since they sell them separately and make my own Snow Queen sort of doll, but ultimately decided against it because I don't have any dolls those parts would fit :D lol! It's a nice combination of colored/clear/blushed resin though. Very attractively done, imho.

13. I was thinking about getting Angleheim Luka the pan, but now I'm holding off to see if a V.W. boy will apeer..and also to let my bank car recover a little...>.<

14. Please tell me that you'll grace us with progress pics! I love seeing progression for the sculpts, and it'll help remind me of what I want to save up for. ;)

Are you going to do the males in an elemental set, as well?

15. I've seen the French resin effect in Limwha's dolls. Very different that regular bjd resins i thought. A tad romantic looking but in the Faery context it would add a shimmer that would be ... pardon the pun, magical.

16. The more magical the better I think. If I wanted to see a normal human (or normal human doll) all I have to do is look around. It takes real skill to create something both otherworldly and beautiful. That is why I am so excited about VictorianWinter's new line. Bring on the sparkle/shimmer/colored resin amazingness!

17. Thank you Ladyroselie!!

I played a bit with clear parts: Clear Hand
      (That is Gwendolyns hand, Sneak Peak! ;) Please don't mind the messy resin around it, I was in a hurry when I poured and that was RIGHT out of the mold)
      The only problem I have is bubbles in the clear resin. Its thicker then the opaque resin I use, so all the bubbles dont always get out.
      Do a lot of people mind bubbles in the resin? I know it gives away the effect though...

18. Oooo... I love the look of the hand. For me personally, I kind of like the bubbles in clear resin (makes it look like bubbles trapped under ice). Very exciting :)

19. ^^ When I have extra Time I'll work more on clear parts! :3

I updated Odettes Pictures!
      Odettes Page

20. I think bubbles could work, but only if you made it part of the sculpts design. There are some pretty glass sculptures that really exaggerate bubbles within the pieces, so that they truly look like frothy swirly water or something. A few single bubbles, while your fans would probably love it, might only look like a mistake to a potential customer :( What do you use as an agitator to get the bubbles out? Maybe you need something a little stronger for the clear resin pieces.