1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Victorian Winter Dolls discussion

Jun 30, 2010

1. yeah! I'd like to see more Odette owners..............

2. ME TOO!! :D I saw a blank one go up on the MP and felt so bad for her! I wanted to bring her home to play with my Abernathy in the fairy garden XD But that might be a bit overboard and I think Abernathy might be the jealous type.

I have a Rosette girl coming home that will hopefully be Abernathy's playmate and possibly bring some cohesiveness to my fairy group. I bought my Luts elf Ani (Tinker Bell) to be Abernathy's friend, but that MNF body looks weird and stumpy next to the Tylwyth Teg's lithe proportions O_O SO, I figure who has the longest noodle body out there? And naturally discovered Rosettes!

Maybe a Rosette is overboard XD since their bodies are even skinnier and noodlier and longer than the Teg bodies (they have an entire 2cm height on her!) but I can't wait to see if they can share clothes!

*sigh* I love my little fae girlies ^^

3. Oh wow.........there's a blank Odette? Maybe I'll go and check her out, that is if she is still there. Ah......yes, I have a few of the jealous type girls here too and a few that don't like vampires of which I have a few of as well. They are the dangerous ones, they are very loving, and I think some of my faes are quite intimidating towards them, so they just stay apart from each other.........probably a good idea! lol

You have a Rosette? Nice! I have not seen them in person....and I love your TB Luts girl. I have a Luts first edition boy 2005 that I really love, he sits here with me, but I don't do much with him........poor guy!

4. Yeah my Mini fee is a little miffed about Ellie's tallness haha.
      And Ellie is just so mischievous haha, she's always picking on my other MSDs.

5. She looks looks like a mischevious one Monkey! But what faerie isn't? lol

And I love the noodle type body on VW because she really does look like a human like dragonfly. She is unique to herself.

VW.............more please! And we need more faerie cloths Monkey...........hint.........hint!! lol

6. Do Odette's wings come blue even if you don't order body blushing? I am researching to get a MSD for Christmas.

I really do not like body blushing, but I also don't like plain clear resin parts (ended up selling two Soom fairies because their extra parts were clear, I don't know why, but I just can't stand it, too spoiled from colored transparent resins I guess).

7. Good question. My Odette (Mystique) has clear blue wings and I don't think they are blushed, they don't look like it to me.

VW would be the one to ask. You have Soom faeries? I almost got the first one, but decided against them and got VW, I love hers so much

8. Odette's wings are blushed, but when you order you can specify no blushing :)
      I use gloss with Odette's wings to give it that non-frosty look, and more colored.
      I didn't make them blue clear resin because I didn't want to limit anyone on colors of their own fae if they decide ^^

9. Thanks for the info VW :) Super excited to get some faery eyes for my big girls, just can't decide on the colors!

Muse Star To be honest I loved the look of the Soom fairies, but IRL they were a nightmare for me. The faces were so tiny they didn't photograph well, restringing was really difficult, and they cannot sit or stand with all their fairy parts.

I guess the "fashion doll" size is just too thin/tiny for me. I have shorter dollys but they need some chubbiness to be able to play with without snapping like a twig ^^

10. oooops! More colors? More options! Say pink, green purple..................

I love those so much! And ball jointed too! VW..........I love your dolls!

They don't sound like a good one to have. My Odette stands in water on rocks, she is so well balanced. Yeah, I'm not sure about the "fashion" size either for that same reason

Glad I went with VW Odette! I just love them!

11. She is definitely the front runner on my Christmas list! I am really excited for the possibility of VW having more colored resin fae, I really really want a green skin tree girl.

12. ladyroselie.........I really like your idea of a green skin tree girl! That would be awesome!

But Christmas is so far away! Maybe layaway................

13. I was worried about Soom Faery Legends after seeing the first few owner pictures :| they look more like toys or ornaments than actual dolls, which is fine IMHO but I would get something like Dolkot's hand fairy Peya or an Inkling instead of paying an arm an a leg for impractical fantasy parts.

I love that Odette is truly a fantastical fairy, with all the fun and fae parts, without being miniscule or impractical.

Also, the other Teg has colored resin wings! So it stands to reason that we might see more colored resin fantasy parts in the future. :aheartbea

14. I think that is why I decided against Soom and went with Odette. And with VW imagination.................I think we will see more to come. I can hardly wait!

15. Muse Star I really do want to get an Odette, its not the $$ it is that I've gotten too many dolls this year and my boyfriend asked that I complete the dolls we already have before getting a new one and he will buy an MSD for Christmas.

I think that is more then fair, because I am the type to buy a doll before completing the last one and I get way ahead of myself. ...I am also waiting to see the new girl that will be released soon, according to the BJD Collectasy article!

Anneke I am also really excited to see the new parts VW will come out with, I would love some pretty, detailed angel wings in transparent pink! and I'd like to be able to get all the different wing parts when I do get an Odette :)

16. ladyroselie I think I have the same problem you have, not completeing them. THere are so many out there that I want and pass up because, I too need to complete the ones I got. Poor things don't have many clothes.

I went on a "weeding" my dolls out. The ones in boxes that I never played with. So now I'm down to the ones I love.

But it would be a great Christmas present! :)

17. Most of my dolls go naked too, but I like to think that being magical creatures they wouldn't want to be dressed anyway ;)

18. I was feeling blue, so I thought I'd pull out my favorite dolly and contribute some comparisons in this thread of Abernathy--my Odette--and Tinker Bell--A Luts elf Ani on a Minifee body. I also grabbed some shots with Salandria, my Resinsoul Mei. These dollies don't exactly get along, but I convinced them it was for the good of Abernathy's forthcoming sisters to promote discussion and contribute to the knowledge base of Victorian Winter dolls :) ...or whatever, lol. Fairies are cute and gullible!

Anyway, here they are, side by side, the unique and fantastical Teg body and the more common (but still fantastic!) Resinsoul and Minifee bodies! (Salandria apologizes for being thusly undressed! Her outfit is still with a seamstress getting made!)

Standing:
      [​IMG]

Hands (Resinsoul and Fairyland's old NS, Victorian Winter's Light Skin tones.)
      http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/fantomina/Abernathy/Compare_0239.jpg

Sitting!
      http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/fantomina/Abernathy/Compare_0246.jpg

You can really see in the sitting photo where a lot of Abernathy's height comes from! Her legs are long and lithe, a lot like the Resinsoul legs or (I assume) the Rosette legs. The MNF body can't be beat for posing, but you can see in these photos it looks almost a little chunky next to the other two.

I hope this helps some folks understand some more of the refined elegance of the Teg sized Victorian Winter dollies :)

19. ladyroselie.........if mine are dressed it's mostly in faerie themed clothing. I just can't put jeans or a tee on a faerie

Anneke............WOW! great faerie shots you got there. How'd ya get them all posed together? I usually have to lure them in with sugar, cake or milk. And believe me, I've got alot of it here! ;) lol gullible little things! hehe

20. LOL I told them it was a matter of the preservation of fae-kind in the den of the angels. Kind of true, those biblical types don't like to see our little heathenistic creatures crawling around their territory :XD:

Unlike humans, the fae band together when it's a matter of species preservation! :thumbup There aren't enough of them left in the world for them to be enemies forever!

I got the idea from a Souldoll Zenith discussion, since a lot of people have had issues with the size because of the proportions. Zeniths are similar to Super Gems in size, but they have smaller heads and narrower shoulders, basically more realistic to a slim build human. This makes Zenith really stand apart from a collection of similarly sized SD17 range dolls, and I was reminded of the Teg dolls who have similarly "different" proportions than what we're used to seeing in the BJD world :D For me, fae dolls can have different proportions because they are all different species of fae, but I can see if you have a row of humans all lined up and one looks like a pinhead next to the others, it might just throw you off a bit :lol:

I can't WAIT to do some comparison shots with my Rosette since those dolls are so bizarrely proportioned it'll be great to see how they compare side-by-side with the rest of my MSD crew! :aheartbea