1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Victorian Winter Dolls discussion

Jun 30, 2010

1. Hook line and sinker! Great annology thinking of the preservation. Either to beat them or............ join them.....mostly in my case. lol

But the idea is a great one, that way we all can see dolls that we may want or already have and haven't done this before, never thought of it really. *high five* I really like to see dolls lined up as if they were in a "mug" shot (psssssssst....don't tell the fae I said that...lol) and we can see may aspects of the differences between them. And I'm dying to see the Rosette comparisions, since I don't have one myself. :)

If they ask about the "mug" shot, I always say it's full of chocolate milk! They can be easily distracted by chocolate and milk or combine them.......makes them absolutely slap silly! lol ;)

2. I am convinced now to get me Odette, but I have to "weed" out my collection on who I play with the most and who has been here the longest.

Thanks for putting up that comparison, it really shows how much I am falling for her.

3. I got a new wig for Abernathy and I wanted to share it here. Leekeworld 6/6.5 wigs are a PERFECT fit, and come in lovely colors :) Abby needed to get her hair up because she was feeling a bit childish with it always falling in her eyes :doh

[​IMG]

She is still getting used to having a mohair wig instead of fiber, but Suli, my little Daisy Dayes Elise, is sharing a few secret remedies for keeping control of mohair (the secret is in the butterfly kisses contained in her magic bottle!) :aheartbea:aheartbea

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/fantomina/Abernathy/Abernathy_Suli_0179.jpg

4. Wow! That wig is amazing!

arg! I want to get Odette SO badly! There just never seems to enough money!

5. She is definitely a special doll! If I had an option of keeping only one and losing the rest, she would be the one I would keep forever. :) There's just something so personal and charming about such a unique and rare artist doll. I would recommend getting her when you have a chance, even though she isn't limited, you never know when artists' dolls will become unvailable! I've actually seen a few on the MP that need a new home as well ;)

6. Well, I've heard sales are very slow for the Teg dolls so I'd like buy from the company itself.

Maybe after November I can save up for Odette.

7. That sounds like a good plan! :thumbup I got mine just before Christmas and it was awesome having her sat beneath the Christmas tree when I opened her :XD: Also, VW sells her dolls in batches and keeps them in stock so you don't have to wait for production!

*Sigh* After going back to her site to look at these just now I forgot how magical her entire lineup of fantasy dollies are :aheartbea:aheartbea

8. Any word on when she will be getting more back in stock?

9. I know that VW is working on upgrading the TT body now, and hopes to restock once that project is finished. I havent seen any progress pictures except I believe she posted pictures of the new thigh joint on her forum or the VW facebook page.

I am hoping there will be a new Teg when she restocks but that's purely my speculation XD

10. I'm so very glad to hear that. I read on there she will do layaway, so I have been thinking. :D

11. It would definitely be incredible to see her make a comeback! I love my Odette and maybe the new version body will get the other TT sculpts on topic :)

12. I found her page today and I instantly fell unloved with Odette. I hope shell have some more of her in a bit. She's for sure my next purchase.

13. Oh yay, I hope you get a chance to buy an Odette, Beetle! I love my girl, she's definitely the star of my collection ^^

I'm not sure when Victorian Winter will be releasing her next batch of orders (she does them in batches to help with production time) but I believe her next release will have the upgraded bodies with double jointed legs :)

14. I hope so to. She is just lovely looking and from what everyone here has shown and said, I know for sure I want her. I'll just keep an eye out for when she releases again. Gives me time to save up :D

15. No updates since 2012!? :shudder

I just took my Odette outside for a photoshoot yesterday. Does anyone still have their Odette and would like to share? :)
      [​IMG]

16. I still have my Odette! I'm the one who made that doll's costume, all those years ago!
      How is she/her clothes holding up? Mine is a bit worse for wear, we've been through a lot.

(I just logged back into my DOA account for the first time since forever and this was one of the last threads I had commented on, before I stepped away from it all.)

17. My girl’s outfit is still as beautiful as the day she arrived! She has a bit of a new look, too, but my power is out and I can’t get a photo. I’ll share asap though because I love her so much and really should share :)

18. [​IMG]

Here she is! I went for a more frost-bitten look, and I absolutely love her. She's the main doll on my list of "if I had to run out of my burning house and grab only ONE DOLL" :)

[​IMG]

19. I actually never got her bodice to close all the way :( Also, I never got a chance to get Gwendolyn, the fire faery. I think you made her outfit too, right? Any pictures of her?

20. Her wig and eyes look great! where did you get them?
      It's great that she has an updated look! I need a new wig for mine but I haven't decided what style I want for her.

It doesn't entirely surprise me that the bodice doesn't close up all the way- I've learned so much about sewing since then, I was such a baby when I was making these 10 years ago. I actually sew professionally for theater now- and looking back this was my first real professional sewing I did.

I'll have to figure out how to mesh DOA with the modern technology of cell phones to post a photo but yest I have Gwendolyn! I will post photos of both my girls soon... I have one of the Bwkas too though I don't know where he is right now. :\

I hope to re-dress mine both sometime soon- I know I've learned so much, there are some things I'd do differently now.

They're my burning building dolls too! I feel like they could never be replaced while my others probably could!