1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Victorian Winter Dolls discussion

Jun 30, 2010

1. I've gotta get in bed but I'll stay up to see :D Just let us know if you decide not to post it tonight haha!

2. Uploading as I type. >.O

3. Testing.
      Is this working? :?

[​IMG][​IMG]

:aheartbea:):aheartbea

Edit: it worked

4. woah nelly!
      hehehe
      gosh those eyes are so deeeep! :)

5. WAAAHH!!! I made squeely noises and my husband is yelling at me now for scaring the beans out of him. It was worth it. SQUEEEE!!!! SO CUUUUUTE!!!!!! MOAR!!!

6. box thread

Yeah I ran about and tried all my other eyes. These are my MNFs defaults, they are way to big for Ommella but I like em in my Fae. Her defaults are super black, I'm going to take photos with them tomorrow. Quite other-worldly.

7. Ah now I can go to sleep in peace. That was very satisfying. Now that I see the light skin tone version that's definitely the one I'm going to get. All is right in the world :)

8. Yes light is rather pinky and white is rather bluey.
      (attaching beads to the underdresses)

9. Wow a lot has been going on here! Victorian Winter, amazing new photos, your girl really is stunning.
      PS love bubbles. All flaws are fantastic to me.

10. VictorianWinter: OMG, these shots are fantastic! I am happy to see new Odette's shots! In addition, the clear hand looks very good... I don't mind small bubbles in the resin!
      About Tylwyth eye... they are an authentic Master Piece, I really LOVE them!! Can you make them in red? I would love to have a red pair for my next fairy (oh, yes, I said my next fairy... my poor Odette doesn't want to be alone, of course).

TheMonkeyThatSees: Love your shots, your girl look beautiful! :D

11. Thank you everyone!! :D
      I'm glad everyone so far is ok with bubbles X3 I promise I will try to find a better solution to my bubble problems before making a clear set! :3

Apokripha: :D Thank you! hehe, Fire will have red! (Air will have White, and Earth will have green ;))

12. Quick question--are you making individual bodies for each fairy?

So Odette's body is particular to Odette, and the next fairies will all have their own bodies?

I'm curious because, in a way, that winds up being more unique, but then again if they all share bodies it makes it easier to make hybrids in the future.

Just curious! :D

13. ^^ They will all have the same bodies for now. Molding is a very labor intensive part of doll making (for me anyway lol) so it would be really difficult to sculpt and mold new bodies all the time. I will however change them if needed (Like my two winged fae's will have a separate chest then the four winged so there isn't extra holes in the back) Or if I were to do some sort of anthro type I will add fur to all parts and remold them.
      I planned for them all to be interchangeable, so yes its easier that way lol. I will be coming out with Pixie sizes and I'm working on a sketch of a puki sized fae as well ;) (I want to call it a Pocket Faerie but thats already taken *pouts*)

14. Ooohh!! Maybe you could call it "palm pixie" like it fits in the palm of your hand? Er...but I guess hand-fairy is already taken with Peya from Dolkot.

Thanks for clarifying about the interchangeable parts :)

15. I know tiny faeries are called Syliffs. Tiny pixie faeries!

I've really got to see what I can sell now! LOL

16. Anneke: aww :( What bothers me most is that pretty much all the companies that use 'Fairy' aren't even faeish in any way (accept dolkot and Fairyland X3) :\ also Palm Pixie sounds like a girly phone lol!! but cute tho...

Muse Star: That would be cute too! hmmm

But dont worry, it will be a while before I release any (Don't want to over excerpt myself with sculpting lol)

17. I think Elfdoll has a tiny doll named Sylff or Sylph.

Different classes of fairies would make really good size names.

Brownies, Faeries, Pixies, Sylphs, etc.

18. back to the drawing board! scratching head

19. yea, but those are all taken ;__; (I had to research hard for Tylwyth Teg! lol)

20. Do you plan to sell the eyes separately? I would love to have the red ones =3!!

About bodies... I ever love to see different bodies, but I know it is not easy... but just small variation like hight and bust size would be gorgeus :D

Do you plan any kind of tan skin? :)