1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Victorian Winter Dolls discussion

Jun 30, 2010

1. :D Yes! I make a pair everytime I cast a set of wings (With Odette I make 2 pairs at a time lol)
      I'll make one of each colored glitter I have and post them soon :)

I am planning on different bust sizes after my first 4 elements are out :) I could possibly do shorter legs...but then the arms would look weird...maybe shorter torso....*starts rambling trying to figure out if there something I can edit without having to remake the entire doll lol*

2. OMG, I will be waiting the shots of the eyes! They are wonderful! I am amazed! Congratulations!

Perhaps shorter legs will look weird with the arm... but what's about a bit longer legs? Probably it will look better XP

Do you plan the different busts for the fairy line? Oh, I have to see it!!

3. :D I'll work on them today then (Casting the wings is the funnest to do XD) Thank you!

hmm...longer would be fun. XD They could be as tall as the males :B

Yes :) Its not in the works just yet ;)

4. I look forward to seeing more eyes as they release :) They are fantastic!

5. If it isn't too much of a departure, you could use Nymph Classifications. I use epimelaid for a lot of my usernames and no one else knows what it is or uses it. It is the classification for apple tree nymphs ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph#Classification

6. Wow between the box opening and the new pictures, I am just over the moon, so glad I reserved my little creature.

7. Boy Stella you are so right! Is it a full moon tonight, be easier to climb over! LOL

8. hehe, themonkeythatsees I liked your 'testing' image, lol.

9. Haha. That was the first ever time I posted an image on this forum.

Edit: Ommella's pissed that my first photo post didn't contain her..haha

10. Not just for the name but for legal reasons yes?

It's funny cuz when I read this this morning I instantly grabbed my Prof. Rhys books on Welsh and Manx legends and myths. Must peruse.

I know no one uses fenoderyee. Or even grugagh. both sound odd and have other than "cutsy" meanings. LOL

11. and well she should; she seemed like those little "butinsky" kids we all know and love. LOL the ones that MUST shove their way into a photo session.

(my grandson comes to mind. LOL )

12. No, it's just a sliver. My littlest daughter thinks the moon follows her (it is "her" moon) so we look for it every night.
      I can't stop looking at the new pictures, wow. Can not get over them!

13. I cheated a bit; I put one or two into my Palm. Everytime I use it I see what I'm waiting for. *sigh*

Your daughter sounds cute and funny. The moon is 'her's'... well isn't that the way of it? XD

14. Ha, thanks freya. My older daughter believes the sun is hers. That's how they roll around here.

I think that is a riot you've got the pictures on your Palm. But totally understandable.

15. ladyroselie.........I like that thread you posted. I'm currently looking for a name for my Odette

I'm thinking of posting a picture of my girl on my phone. One more week, and my girl should be here! I'm so excited!

16. My Odette is already named: Mairead Carr. LOL
      Am so excited. It's getting worse I'm getting giddy.LOL

17. Oooh pretty name freya, it's Welsh, right?
      Mine is going to be Alida, it means "little winged one" in Latin. Sigh. I was telling my BDF (Best Dolly Friend) that some of her pictures were almost hard to look at, I mean that in the best way, that she is so incredible that it's almost hard to look at, especially the feets, they are insane.
      My Dandelion (sculpted by the amazing Bimong) is that kind of doll, she is so real looking I had to paint her very "doll" so she wouldn't scare me. I agree with the other poster who said she looked real, or alive (Odette), she really does have life, although she is "fantastic"

18. Nothing would make me happier than a male / female pair of mature 1/6th faeries. I really liked the new Soom Mini Gem, but I'm picky about wanting a couple, and no one really makes a 1/6th male!

19. twinklingfae..........wow! You are in Denver! We are having a doll meet up at the Denver Zoo, and I'm bringing Midsummer and my Odette.

Stella and Freya1924...........I'm crazy over your names! So far all I have come up with is Wisteria, since I love that perfume. But wanting something really unique, so who knows, maybe she will tell me once she is here! *****Squeeeee*****

20. Mairead is celtic so could be Welsh; I'm thinking she's Scots with that last Carr name. However, she is my randy (can we use that word for a female?) fae. XD

My Resin family are getting all ready for the new arrival, changing into new attire, getting hair done, polishing the furniture. You'd think Father Christmas was on his way. LOL