1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Game Or Anime Inspired Dolls

Nov 2, 2017

1. That sounds really cool! I'll have to check that out!
      That sounds really cool! I'll have to check that out!

2. Thank you! I LOVE My SDC Arashi, my favorite doll in my collection! hahaa!

YES! Someone who knows Faize! My day is made! Aoba would be SO cool! I have a wig that I was going to use for link too!

@BabySnow and @Loganberry I LOVE Voltron! Those will be cool to see!

DOLK JUST announced an Attack on Titan doll so that's cool! I hope you have a fun time working on your doll TwilightBabyDoll!! =D I'd love to see what you make.

3. I have a Dollshe 18M Fashion Arsene on the way who I'm going to turn into Anduin Wrynn from the World of Warcraft universe. It will be my first non-OC doll, so it should be interesting!

4. I currently have six minis, six tinies, and two larger dolls all directly based on characters from anime/manga, (analog) games, Western animation and novels. They're largely a bunch of WIPs (I live for WIPs, apparently), because there's a lot of aesthetic work and custom clothing involved in getting them to look like their respective characters. I'm also using a variety of companies to represent different ethnicities or providences of different characters; they aesthetically fit together, but also share the most similarities with those characters from the same origin.

I do at least have most of the basic clothing done for a couple of them:
      [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Dani (Danielle) Phantom and Edward Elric! They look so good! XD

6. Ah they are very cute! But no help needed, I'm a very experienced costume designer :) but thanks for offering! Yours look adorable <3 glad to see more bioshock fans!

7. Part of the reason I got into the hobby was because I wanted to make Legend of Zelda dolls! While Link usually has a similar look, I thought it would be fun to eventually make different outfits for a Zelda doll so she could look like OoT Zelda, or Twilight Princess... and now we have BotW, and I have big dreams lol. I'd need more practice but eventually would like to try and recreate the various outfits for Link, and Zelda's different outfits too! A lofty project, but it's always in the back of my head when I'm looking for dolls. (I don't usually have characters, but I can see why people spend so much energy on the perfect look for a character doll!)

8. I have a dream of someday having a Minifee doll as Lum, Space Invader! She's so cute and it would be such a fun doll to have!!! I still need to get my very first (next month, ah!) but I can dream. :)

9. Sometimes your dreams can come true!

10. I had seriously considered possibly doing a couple of Keith and Lance myself, but I'm concentrating instead on the Legend of Korra characters and OCs I'm planning to do. On that note, would Legend of Korra count for this? I've got four characters from the series I'm planning on doing. Two mostly done so far, with another currently getting a pieced together and another I plan to work on getting next year.:kitty1

In total, I'll have Asami, Korra, Tahno and Mako when I'm done:3nodding:

11. I believe they can too... with time and money!!! :)

12. I’m in the process of getting ready to create Prompto!

13. Sounds amazing! I hope you post pictures! I'd love to see him!

14. I think it' a great idea! I' doing one of mine as Super Sonico! Really want to get the actual version but I don' have enough money. Thinking of getting a little one to make Lenore the cute little dead girl.

15. I have the Gynoid doll in red kimono from Ghost in the Shell that I keep unchanged for now, but pretty much most of my dolls/doll plans are partially inspired by character archetypes I've seen or read about. Or at least inspired by TV tropes :)
      I kind of like that this way they will become a combination of my interests and past experiences.

My long-term dream is to have a doll that resembles Dorian from Dragon Age: Inquisition. What matters to me most is the sculpt (have something in mind, but I am still on the lookout for options) and general aesthetic in clothing, but I would prefer to design him new robes instead of just repeating the outfits from the game. Like something more in Tevinter style :D

16. I want to make some Hellsing dolls.
      I could uses Soom's Gluino for Alucard: the SOOM emporium
      and Myou girls for Integra and Saras, probably Chknak and Junyao.

17. While I do not have plans on making them, there are a few characters I would love to have in doll form:

Sailor Saturn
      Gally/Alita from Gunnm/Battle Angel
      Shana from Shakugan no Shana
      Maria from Castelvania SotN

18. Im making a Hajime Saito from Hakuoki which is a game and anime. Im using an IOS Sezz head and crobidoll body. I cant wait to start him!!

19. I have a bunch of DIM Minimee that were sculpted to look like anime and video game characters, I own six of them,
      they are all floating heads with no plans for bodies (because I'm picky). I own three versions of Sephiroth (two MNM & a FL CL Rou) from Final Fantasy VII,
      and only one MNM based on an anime character, because DIM stopped taking orders after a while and I was greatly disappointed
      after I received my last version of Sephiroth. If DIM were still making MNM and I hadn't been disillusioned, I would have gotten heads for
      Final Fantasy X Seymour Guado, Dirge of Cerberus Vincent Valentine, NS Sasuke Uchiha, and Kingdom Hearts Riku.

Most of them can be seen here, because most are DIM MNM heads I already mentioned. The only exception is my FL CL Rou, who is my Dissidia version of Sephiroth.
      He's still a W.I.P. which, I'll probably never finish (because I suck, and I'm lazy!).
      [​IMG]
      From top left to bottom right: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Kadaj; Code Geass Lelouch; FFVII: CC Sephiroth; MGS4 Raiden; Resident Evil 4 Leon S. Kennedy; Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Sephiroth.

I took more recent photos of my custom ordered Sephiroth and posted them here, if anyone wants to see -- although I don't have a body for him so all the photos are just close ups of his face. DX

20. I have one!

[​IMG]

My Link isn't from any one game, just a mix of what I like most! He's not quite finished, I have a lot of accessories to make. But he's presentable at least.