1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Game Or Anime Inspired Dolls

Nov 2, 2017

1. I have a few over here...

Issun
      , my Banji, is sort of a resin version of the side-kick character of the same name from O-kami.
      D is my version of Mari Akino's Count D, from the Petshop of Horrors manga series.
      Nightengale, my Dreaming El mod, is loosely based on Nue from Harukanaru Toki no Naka de.

… and my Bishonen Houses Steve, who I don't have a decent picture of yet, is a chibi resin version of Dante, that snarky dork-boy from the Devil May Cry game series.

I also have several of my own old City of Heroes MMO characters in resin form, both as adults and as kid/chibis.

#82 Brightfires, Jun 3, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    2. I'm currently working on a doll version of my Skyrim character, a Bosmer arachnomancer thief. I'm excited and a little intimidated to start trying to replicate her in-game armor.

As for anime, the one character I've allllllways wanted to shell is Xelloss from Slayers. I'm still trying to figure out what the perfect sculpt would be.

#83 solstelpa, Jun 3, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    3. I'd love to seen that! I love Persona 5!

4. If you ever do shell Xel please please share pics! I'm always on the lookout for a good Slayers fix. I remember when owning a bjd was still a pipedream for me I'd window shop for the perfect sculpts for the whole gang and someday still plan on creating my own interpretation of Zelgadis.

5. If I ever do, I promise I will! Slayers is and always will be my favourite series, and Zelgadis would be my #2 pick to shell. Then Lina. Then Phibrizzo. Or possibly Gourry. It's kind of a rabbit hole when I get started.
      Have you got a sculpt in mind for Zel? Probably my strongest contender for Xelloss is Unoa Winking Sist. I might have to do a little modding to make the sculpt less soft and feminine. But with one open purple cat-eye-pupil eye and one closed "genki" eye, I think it could work pretty darn well!

6. i don't know if this counts but i'm planning a doll that's inspired by mei from the anime film arashi no yoru ni (a stormy night). it's a very sweet children's story but the kicker is that mei ... is a goat! they're all animals lol, but i love anthro dolls and have been making anthro ocs for so long that i think mei will translate well to a doll ... maybe on charm doll renard or dust of dolls appi cota? they both have the perfect soft expressions :aheartbea (both of those sculpts are probably supposed to be deer/fawn, i am not sure! but meh, creative liberty! if the ears match then go for it!)

7. I'd love to have an Alucard, from Castlevania. He's been one of my favorite characters since I was a kid, and I think his looks would translate really well into doll form. I also don't know if this counts but I'm also really into games from a company called Choice of Games, which are all text based, but I'd really like to recreate some of my characters from my favorite ones, particularly the super hero based ones.

8. That would be amazing! Alucard has always been one of my favorite characters too. I originally had a doll to shell him out but one of my own characters took it.

9. !!! Mind if I ask what head you found for Y'shtola, or at least what company? I really... really want a doll of my own dear miqo. But I'm not even sure where to start looking for the right style, let alone mold. I'd absolutely love any advice... (pics: 1 - 2 - 3)

If and when I do find one, I'm planning to cut her hair myself, and make the ears and tail to match. I've cut cosplay wigs before, and it's not even my first pair of bjd kitty ears, so I'm pretty confident about that at least... So if you still haven't got the right wig for Y'shtola by then, if you want, I can make a tutorial when I do it, since it's the same style.

:D I wanna see pics when you do! I just finished that game and the characters are all so sweet, I'm not ready to say goodbye to them yet... In the future, please give doll-Mikleo a hug for me and tell him thanks for taking such good care of Sorey.

10. I think with the right face-up Sist could make a lovely Xel, but I get what you mean about it being a rabbit hole. I would never be satisfied to just shell one but I figure if I do ever shell Zel he would take enough work to keep me busy for a long while with all the work that would need to be done getting him just right.
      I used to have a ton of images saved on my mac of possible candidates but I haven't been able to go through all the pics on there for a couple years so who knows what I'd think of my choices now. I remember at the time I was looking mostly for dolls in the right skin color but now that I know dying is thing I've got to look for canidates again.

11. I ended up at Iplehouse, but I am sure there's several molds that would work well for her. As Andrew was being retired, I looked and went "he'd make an awesome Thancred" and since I ship him hard with Sthola and adore Sthola... she ended up coming home too. They now reside in my room together. For better or worse. XD Here's some pictures of her and Thancred (still works in progress):

[​IMG]IMG_20170817_194920212 by Scholar, on Flickr

[​IMG]Sthola 1 by Scholar, on Flickr

[​IMG]Sthola and Thancred 1 by Scholar, on Flickr

Most days she just looks annoyed.... but that's because I have thrown her into a super long wig with a dress I think she hates and Thancred is pretty much naked next to her. So... yeah. XD She's annoyed. To find her mold, I pretty much found a good picture of her on a wiki and then did a side by side to see if it was close enough. I am in love with the Isis mold from Iplehouse, so getting a second one for me was an easy task: Screenshot - c6669cba87dcbdbbf3ebe0b1bc7b84ea - Gyazo I've found it harder to shell my main kitty girl that I adore so much. This is her starting out:

[​IMG]Ceresia2 by Scholar, on Flickr

She's now a lovely lvl 70 black mage. (Finds one of her most recent pictures... I need to post more of her.)

[​IMG]ffxiv_01242017_003617 by Scholar, on Flickr

Anyway, any tutorials I would love! I would like to personally make the outfits for Thancred and Sthola buuuut... I also need to make patterns for those and get them the right wigs... >.< So any advice would be awesome. (I am also working on a Lyse.) Your pictures of your girl are lovely! What is her name?

12. Ooh, another black mage kitty! <3 I love her hair colors-- is that brown and pink together?

C'rrahsa is also... well, here's her profile and character memes. Black magic is her life. :D She also does alchemy, but like... void-related alchemy.

I made her way back in 2.0 when I started playing, and I had no idea I was going to end up falling so in love with her-- but it didn't take long. I was away from the game for four years, but I came back just because I missed her character so much, and trying to RP her out of the game just didn't feel the same, because I developed her in reaction to story events more than just RPing... really I tend to get a bit silly with her in RP, but the story I imagine in my head for her is more serious. She's a kind of blue-and-orange-morality, weird kitty who is simultaneously the mom friend and has also developed eyedrops that burn your skin if you don't have void in your blood. She IS the nice librarian lady she looks like, but she's also cheerfully offered to mercy kill her friends on occasion. She's got a whole new character arc planned out now, and it's not a direction I expected of her, but it makes perfect sense.

13. Actually, it's a reddish brown/maroon color with pink. XD I feel Cherry and Rahsa could be friends. xD Cherry is pretty dedicated to pushing her black mage skills, but is thankfully kept in check by her best friend from going too far. I should make a profile for her some day since she's evolved so much. She is very much a city folk kitty. xD She is on Ultros, the other Primal server.

14. Definitely! I bet they'd get into trouble together. XD Rrahsa is actually a priestess of Azeyma from a tiny tribal branch in the Sagolii; her dream was always to go to the big city and study thaumaturgy, and once she discovered the wider world of magic beyond the weather control and prediction and other such folk magic she had at home, she decided she couldn't go back.

I have an (identical) version of her I was playing on Balmung for a while, but then my RP FC closed down, so now I'm playing the original version of her on Midgardsormr. She hasn't actually changed very much personally-- she was already in her 30s when she came to Ul'dah-- but her goals have. (Well, and her tail.) It's a shame you're on the Primal server, or else we could have them meet up!

(I hope we're not derailing the thread too much! But, y'know, RP characters... ^^;)

15. Yeah I wish both Primal servers had a link. :( I'd love for them to meet. Maybe we can make a thread here and just say they met. XD Or somehow became aware of each other across the "void". XD And then add pictures when we get dolls. I feel bad because I based Cherry off of a character I made in a hero world, and I so want my catgirl first. xD

16. You know, a voidal contact with another Eorzean isn't something I've ever thought to RP before, so it would be fun!
      We should prolly start an off topic thread and then, when we get dolls to illustrate, we can do it up nicely in a Properly On Topic thread. :D

17. --quick mod note--

Role playing proper is off-topic for DoA. If you would like to RP in the traditional sense, it would need to be taken off-site.

But, you can post photostories of interactions between dolls; you can check out the Penpals Photostories to see how most people do it. :)

18. The only time I've considered it was to make Miracle Doll Zixin look like Bukita kun just because that creepy smile just instantly reminded me of him, but I decided to just take some inspiration and leave it at that. My whole enjoyment of this hobby comes from developing the appearances of my dolls as their own characters, so it would kill it a little to just replicate creative work someone else has already done.