1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Game Or Anime Inspired Dolls

Nov 2, 2017

1. I have two!
      EDIT: I added pictures even if they're not super current

Link from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages (fem version cuz i always felt that particular Link was a girl as i played the games i dunno lol. That's the only time i felt that way playing a Zelda game) she's a Resinsoul Ju. She's been wearing modern clothes while i make her tunic
      [​IMG]

And Rin Okumura from Blue exorcist. A fun thing about this one is that i actually had the opportunity to meet the creator of the manga/anime, so of course i brought him along. She was really amazed by him. I felt so cool lol. I wish she had allowed pictures cuz i was hoping to get one of her holding him but alas she didn't. (Which i totally get and respect but still *sigh*) He's a Shecow Vampire Mara head on a Doll Family-A body
      [​IMG]

I'm also planning on making my FFXIV character! But it's probably going to be a small, off topic doll like an azone unless i can find a good deal on an msd secondhand because i have do a lot of modding/painting. She's a blue Au'ra. (Btw if anyone is going to Fanfest please please bring your character dolls! I hope to have mine done by then so i can bring her)

#101 DontShoottheDucks, Jul 6, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    2. I have Chun Li (Parabox-Obitsu Megu) and Ryu (Souldoll Vito Rail) from Street Fighter. Her close resemblance to my fave character was what made me take the first step into big dolls. Currently she spends more time as the doll of said character that does other project shoots than the character that she's base on. (I'm trying to get another doll to cosplay Juri Hann but no response so far)

Ignore Ken (Iplehouse Dexter) there, he's just a cosplaying OC who also done Leon Kennedy, Batou of Ghost in the shell, Youko Kurama for the sake of more clothing.
      I'm kinda waiting for Ryu and Chun Li to get with the program and cosplay Hiei and Genkai

[​IMG]

#102 Shiniwa, Jul 6, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    3. My first doll is still on her way, but I have been planning a few cosplays in my head. One of the easiest (and creepiest) ideas I have is an Elfin Lied cosplay.

I've also considered doing a 9S doll with a Ringdoll base, but I wanna wait and see what the official Volks 9S looks like first

4. I have my Dragon Age: Inquisition character! His outfit is based on the formalwear in the game and is by Beyond Wonderland BJD.

I still need to make or buy a staff for him and paint the anchor on his hand/arm.

[​IMG]

5. I don't know about having a doll for each character (for me personally) but I would definately have cosplays for my doll. It would give me lots of sewing opportunities :)

6. I am at the moment planning on styling one of my girls after a character from an anime.. but now that she has arrived in full set I’m not sure I can bring myself to change her wig! It’s baby pink and just oh so sweet! I will still change her eyes though :D

7. Personally i would really love to make a doll based off Sal from Sally Face i think it'd be a very interesting doll!
      There are others but that is a BIG want

8. The doll I'm saving up for right now, a Dika Doll Yolanda, I plan on turning into The Plain Doll from Bloodborne! I already have all the fabric and patterns for the outfit, and a friend to help me with the face-up, I'm just looking for the perfect wig and eyes.
      And the doll herself, haha...

9. I love anime and game inspired dolls! Personally I'm hard to do actual cosplays since my dolls are all original characters but sometimes it can't be helped. By sometimes I mean the times when you are so dedicated to a series that you simply can't stop the rock... So... here is my (young) Dazai Osamu from the Bungou Stray Dogs novel Dazai Osamu and the Dark Era to start...

[​IMG]

And alas an incomplete cosplay I really need to work on finishing the wig for and setting the proper eyes in, but here is my Miharu as Nanase Yoshi from miwashiba's game 1bitheart >< I know the game is unknown, but to me Nanashi is one of the most important fictinal characters I have come across in gaming and I just had to go so far as to do this...

[​IMG]

10. Yes I looked for a bjd that reminded me of my favorite Anime show, but when I couldn't find it. I decided that I was going to create the character myself.

11. Sorry to respond to a super old post but I just had to gush over that Skull Kid. The colors are so bright and beautiful and true to the game -- I'm so impressed!

12. I love anime inspired dolls, I hope they re-release one of the dolls on my wishlist. It has been popular through the show, and they selll out quickly so hopefully I can preorder and save my spot. The Attack on Titan series is everything to me.

The anime inspired dolls are always my favorite. Each one has a special prop or special outfit and makes them rare once they sell out. My favorite series of dolls are from “Immortality of Soul.”

#112 Dandelion_Wish, Aug 29, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2018
    13. Hahaaha! Thank you! I really need to take more photos! I have a bunch of those heart shaped things, I should make more masks. xD

14. Got my first (and what I thought would be my only >.>) to turn her into Oscar from the Rose of Versailles. I really wanted a Oscar doll but they were so expensive, small and not crafted as well as I would have liked. I did not expect what I got to be as big as she is but it was a nice surprise!

15. "Beyond Wonderland" cosplay/costumes helped significantly with making my (mostly Angel of Dream 1/4) bjd collection into themselves as Outlaw Star characters/crew, anime/manga and some (or somewhat) original characters, aliens, and background characters.

I have them cosplay as other characters/groups/themes occasionally. I hope to even eventually have a Ranma 1/2 cast/crew/characters to interact with the Outlaw Star characters. (That's a lot of bjd's!)

16. I really liked Chobits and while I never ended up making Chii I did take a lot of inspiration from her while putting together my first doll. I would love to have my doll cosplay as Chii one day!

A friend of mine is just now getting into dolls because she wanted a physical representation of a niche Fire Emblem character that has no merchandise outside of the card game. Hopefully I’ll be able to help her in her quest \o/

17. Oh, I just discovered this post! I guess I'm about to spam a little bit, sorry about that. xD
      All your posts are total eyecandy, I love to see dolls cosplayed as specific characters! :D

Here are my Rozen Maiden girls (sorry, not quite the original cosplays on BJDs...)

Hina Ichigo

[​IMG]

Suigin Tou

[​IMG]

Sousei Seki

[​IMG]

And here are some Pokémon cosplay:

Serena from Pokémon XY (game older version)

[​IMG]

Kris from Pokémon Crystal (game version)

[​IMG]

Gracia from Pokémon Conquest

[​IMG]

And a super-free version of a Nurse Joy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only the Rozen Maiden are still home though. I'm currently trying to restyle my Belldandy Volks (Nurse Joy) as... Belldandy. But with her casual motordriver looks. And still having a feeler about fully customize one of my Volks as Rozen Maiden's Kanaria. ^_^​

18. I have a Lumedoll Blaze that's Monsoon from Metal Gear Rising. When I first started modding him I was concerned I wouldn't get him to where I wanted him to be, but wouldn't you know, he's one of my top three dolls. മ◡മ I adore him. He's about the size of a Ken doll so running around almost totally naked suits him.

[​IMG]
      I even strung him up with red elastic. >w>; Now that I think about it I should have chosen purple...

19. Oh, I am planing to make Anders and male Hawke from Dragon Age. (Anders is already ordered, now I am picking a head for Hawke.)

20. These are all so fun to look at! ^__^
      I have Yuri and Victor from Yuri on Ice!!! <3

[​IMG]