1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Game Or Anime Inspired Dolls

Nov 2, 2017

1. I never posted an update of my Gareki doll but here he is! :3nodding: I still have to do some tweaking on his outfits/clothes. I included a comparison image since I don't think Karneval is popular to the point of everyone being able to identify him.

[​IMG]

My next project is creating a doll of my male Miqo'te from Final Fantasy XIV. It looks like a majority of my future dolls are video game characters, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I am turning my male grail doll into Natsuya Kirishima from Free! once the weather gets warm enough for face-ups. :whee: I am also considering making some Final Fantasy XII characters if I can find the right sculpts! It's a bit hopeful, but I would really like to make Sailor Saturn next year.

Edit: I somehow forgot to mention that I am now making Ren Amamiya from Persona 5! :abambi: I might make Anne Takamaki, too.

#121 Maechen, Dec 7, 2018
      Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    2. The doll I am planning is based in the Ultima series! However, I do kinda have her fit for roleplays that typically allow massive world crossing overs- one of the great things is that where she is from; the concept of other worlds is not new. :D

3. I never really thought about having an anime or video game doll, but now looking at this thread has made me want to make an Anthy Himemiya doll from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

4. Wow, everyone in this thread have done such lovely jobs with their dolls!!! :D

I would really love to turn a doll into Rinko Yamato from My Love Story!! (Ore Monogatari !!) :sweat
      I know the anime is super corny and cheesy but I'm a sucker for it. Ahhh!!

5. Well. . . I have the Vocaloid Dollfie Dreams and like the idea of them cosplaying other anime characters like Edward Elric from FMA and Tohru from Fruba.
      I also plan to make a Outsider doll from Dishonored in the next couple of years and probably Alucard from Hellsing as well. I will probably make Assassin's Creed inspired outfits for my dolls at some point too, and little sisters from Bioshock.... There are just so many things I would like in doll form!

6. Heyyy I just recently started watching Karneveal because when I was looking for inspration pics for one of my chacarters I ran across a few of the images from it, really good anime and thats a great looking Gareki!

All of my dolls are original chacarters but I'd love to cosplay my "lolita crew" as chacarters from Rozen Maiden some day. The three of them would do great cosplays of some of the Rozen dolls. :D

7. One day I hope to make Touya Akira from Hikaru no Go, he is my favorite character of all time :love

8. I don't have a character doll yet, but I definately have plans for one as a surprise gift for my boyfriend... eventually. X3
      He's a HUGE borderlands fan, and I really want to do a handsome Jack doll for him.

Not Canon Jack, but the Peacock hybrid Jack that my boyfriend created for his ask blog on tumbler. It would be so fun to try and make that work for him, with the tail and everything. X3

9. I don't have any dolls yet, but I do want to make my dalish warden from dragon age eventually.

10. More Dragon Age? Great! (My friend has her dalish Inquisitor - complete with the Anchor on his hand. I am waiting for my Dolls to arrive - they will be Anders and default male Hawke.)

11. I've thought about making my inquisitor. Not sure if I ever will or not, but if I do I'm definitely including the 'you-know-what' from the sera friendship trespasser epilogue. (don't wanna spoil anything if you haven't played that dlc yet). It's too badass and he wouldn't be him without it.

Hawke and Anders is such a cute idea, though. I didn't like DA2 very much for some reason, but I did manage to get through it only one time, because of Anders. He's such a sweetheart, I loved his romance.

12. Red Jenny Quizzie is such a cool idea!
      Anders and Hawke are given, but I was thinking, that maybe I could make Zevran. And if those three weren't enough then, well, Dorian and Iron Bull would be next. (Bull would be complicated with his missing fingers and his head would have to be probably made from scratch, but at least there are companies which make bodies to fit him.)

13. Now I wanna make Zev too, haha.

14. I always told myself that I couldn't justify a character doll for myself but I have a floating head that didn't turn into what I intended for them that I'm strongly considering turning into Riku from Kingdom Hearts now. It might be a long while before it actually happens though.

15. I recently decided to make Violet Evergarden! I think she will make a great doll once I can find a suitable sculpt. :whee:

16. I’ve been thinking about dressing one of mine like Ellie from the Last of Us. Lol

17. I've decided to make a bjd character inspired by Axel/Lea from Kingdom Hearts! I already bought the head and I can't wait until he's finished!

18. I finally did it! This is my Dollshe Bernard! (to be named later) His look (reddish hair and green eyes) and personality is inspired by Axel from Kingdom Hearts! (Face up by Angel Toast) He's still a work in progress!

[​IMG]

#138 TwilightBabyDoll, Oct 6, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    19. I'm working on makeing a pukipuki Baron Von Gikkingen from The Cat Returns. I just need shoes and my new faceup supplies....