1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Game Or Anime Inspired Dolls

Nov 2, 2017

1. Most of mine are anime-inspired. The others are OCs from my anime fanfics :3nodding:

2. .

#143 Gintsumi, Oct 6, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    3. For some time I've been focused on finding an sculpt to make me a laptop persocom (or pocket persocom) from Chobits, not Sumomo or Kotoko but one with the same idea but different style and so, but I finally gave up.
      My main struggle with the idea was that laptop persocoms are supposed to be 16cm tall and most anime-styled resin dolls are at least 26cm tall plus I wasn't sure I would be able to properly handle a BJD so tiny.

4. Wow, so many amazing dolls in this thread!

I am excited to see how many Elder Scrolls fans on here! Morrowind was my main fandom for 10+ years.

Oh nice! Another N+C fan! :D I would love to see Aoba as a BJD.

I'm currently planning to shell out Nano and Akira from Togainu no Chi. (I am so hopelessly obsessed.) I'm being so indecisive on their sculpts, though... being new to the hobby, it's a lot to take in at once! But hey, that's why I'm here. ;)

5. I've been thinking about making a doll of Aerith Gainsborough. She looks so pretty in the Final Fantasy VII Remake. :D Tifa is my favorite, but Aerith would make such a nice doll! Her outfit is not too complex as well. I'll definitely have to learn how to make wigs in order to complete her though! *_*
      I am also making one of my female dolls into a cat that is inspired by Granblue Fantasy's Erune race. I should be receiving the doll for my Final Fantasy XIV Miqo'te soon, so I hope to finish him quickly.

#146 Maechen, Oct 18, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    6. I would really love to create a shell a doll for the Persona 3 main character/protagonist. Even after a decade, that game remains one of my favorites. I don’t know when I’ll get around to it but I’ve definitely had my eye out for sculpts that would fit and accessories. Surprisingly I’m also at a loss for where to find a good blue/indigo wig and I’m worried I may have to learn to make my own or get one custom made.

7. I recently did a child version of Ignis Scientia from FFXV!

Still working on him tho, but I'm pretty happy with how he looks!

[​IMG]SD Chika - Ignis
      [​IMG]Carbie

8. He turned out so cute!

9. @Thanato-Cat Aw, Ignis even has a mini carbuncle! How cute. :whee:

10. She's still pretty new and I'm definitely still working on her, but this is my the current state of my Viera doll based on my character from FFXIV. She will need better eyes, potentially a better wig, a different faceup, character accurate clothing... But for now she's my trendy modern Viera :lol:

[​IMG]

11. I've had an Impldoll Azalea for years. She's the closest thing to an impulse doll purchase I've ever made. When I bought her I had a very loose concept in mind, but it wasn't at all a specific idea or character, and as I tried to put it together it didn't really work out with her sculpt or fit in my collection. Since then I've tried so many random looks on her, but never been able to come up with anything that really clicked with me. Very recently though, I've decided to give her one last shot...as my Bosmer character from Elder Scrolls Online. I love Elder Scrolls in general and that character in particular, and would love to have her as a doll, so for the first time in the four years I've had her, I'm actually feeling excited about Azalea.

12. That's exactly what happened with my YoSD. She was Fuu, a little girl that her character never worked so I decided to sell her, and after a year on sale, I've deiced to give it a second chance and here's Ignis/White Rabbit boy!

I love Vieras and I love to see a "modern" looking one!

13. It wasn't intentional,but Pandora,my Xagadoll Lara looks like the Snow witch from Final Fantasy VII. I modded her face and she looks more like an anime character,and she has a long white wig,and she ended up looking like Snow. Now I'm just going with it,she's a snow witch.

#154 DahliaDevere, Nov 12, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    14. I might make myself a doll that looks like Little Witch Nobeta using an anime style doll, like an mdd. Little Witch Nobeta is a cute anime-style character in a video game of the same name. I'll probably get the game as well. I think there's is a plushie that comes with the collector's edition, but I'd prefer one in vinyl or resin.

15. While not technically anime, four from my current crew are from Legend of Korra (see avatar: it's of Tahno from the series). I've debated on several occasions about possibly doing versions of Zuko from Avatar: the Last Airbender (I do actually have a Dollstown head that works really well for a more moody take on him), and Raven from Teen Titans.

I've been a bit (okay, maybe more than that) obsessive with playing Star Wars the Old Republic over the past few years. Recently I pondered on the idea of taking a practice head I picked up from Clover Singing and turning that into Lana Beniko. I thought about using the spare Iple SID body I have for her, but the neck made it look too strange and the proportions were just off. At some point I'll either sell that body to fund a better option, or trade for one.

Oh—I'd also be down to doing a resin take on Theron Shan if I got the opportunity (find the right sculpt, etc.)

Going beyond in-game existing characters—some of my shelled OCs ended up having in-game versions. Nira (Impl Azalea) has taken some influence from her SWTOR version, and vice versa. I've also done SWTOR versions of Tahmos (Fantasia doll Isaac/Ringdoll RGM-3), Aqqen (Fantasia doll Jin/Arkdoll body), Mundei (Dollshe King Corey), Zelle (Impl Bernice), Kismet Jaide (Fairyland mnf Mika/Mir), etc. who have also had some influence on their existing resin alter egos. There are SWTOR original created toons that I have thought about shelling as bjds, along with possibly shelling OC alt versions as their own resin counterparts (one example: Tahmos in-game is a Chiss Jedi Consular, and it'd be neat to do a blue-skinned SWTOR-inspired version of him in resin).

Whether any of the concepts will become reality is really a matter of desire, motivation, and maybe the excess funds (and proper sculpts to shell them with) to accomplish it. The most likely ones will probably be Lana, Zuko, Theron, and Raven, but really—only time will tell:kitty2

16. Finally got to complete Frisk and Chara from my favorite game Undertale! Flowey is also there lol.

[​IMG]

17. @Safira They look awesome! Did you make Flowey and the sweaters?

18. @TwilightBabyDoll Thank you!! Unfortunately I lack that sort of talent but there are many amazing artists out there! Flowey is from LeftAndRightDolls on Etsy, and the sweaters were custom made by HappyDollST (also on Etsy lol).

19. @Safira I love buying BJD stuff on Etsy!