1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Vings Doll Discussion

Oct 13, 2018

1. @Lady Ravenswood He looks exactly like Victor, I love him <3 How are you finding the body? I'm considering the 68cm one, but wanted to hear at least some feedback on the poseability of bodies from the company :?

Also, does anyone have any idea which of the available ws resin matches offered would work best with Paleskin from Dollshe/Dollstown? Thinking of making a hybrid with the Sooha sculpt :chibi

2. @mxwutter
      Ahhh, thank yoooou! I know right?! I'm so excited that I finally have him because I've been thinking he looked just like Victor for aaaaages. Hehe. :chocoheart

Hm, as for resin matches, I'm afraid I can't say. I ordered my Reiki in Switch Rose White, so all I can say is that he does not match my Pure Pale Venitu (who is also Victor...um, lol) because it is more pink white.
      But the posing seems good! Are there any specific poses or things you wanted to try with the body? I can try out stuff.

I really want to get the 68 cm body too, but I have to be patient as I'm saving for a different doll at the moment. :sweat

3. @Lady Ravenswood I checked your profile and holy moly, your Venitu Victor is my favourite Victor ever! I swear it is in the top 3 dolls that made me want to jump into this hobby :D

In terms of posing, I'm curious on how well does he stand, knees to chest, sitting seiza, holding poses that are in-between (so not just 90deg and then fully flexed arm)... wow that's a lot of questions :sweat Basically, does it feel natural to pose? Are there any frustrating things it does?

... can you tell I have a thing for poseability in dolls :chibi Thank you:whee:

4. @mxwutter
      Awww, thank you so much! That's really sweet of you to say! :hug:
      Hahaha, I am such a Victor fan, lol. I'm gonna end up with so many Victor dolls... Whoooops.

Anyway! I'll see what I can do and get back to you with some pictures. :thumbup

5. Alright, I got some pictures today.
      Victor says, "Let's do this" :cool:

[​IMG]

The Vings 70cm body has a pretty easy range in the hips. They have a joint that can swivel the whole leg side to side as well as pull the knees up to toward the chest or let the doll sit cross legged easily. He can also spread his legs outward at the hip joint. He can do the splits sideways, for instance.

And OMG, and I just realized that I forgot to take pictures of him with his knees pulled up to his chest...:doh
      But um, yes. He absolutely can do that. And it's not too hard either. The hip joint doesn't need to be manhandled 5ft out of joint to pop out (looking at you some doll's hips), for which I am thankful. :eusa_pray

Up / Down range for
      [​IMG]

(Quick note: The first picture shows the head looking up as far as it can tilt back, and the second picture shows the head looking down as far as it can tilt forward. Not a huge amount, but enough to give some character in pictures.)

The arms can hold several poses moving up or down at the shoulder, but it does slip out of some parts of this range so sueding the shoulders would probably help.

The arm needs to be positioned with the string channel facing forward to position the arm away from the body. You can not lift the arm straight up and out. The top of the shoulder shape will not turn inside the shoulder socket. It's not a deal breaker, because the arm holds very well once you position it this way, but it is something to note and consider when posing the arm.

The body can hold a full range of poses in the
      [​IMG]

The elbow has a good amount of space in the socket and this allows the arm to move side to side at the elbow, but still hold a wiiiiide range of positions as you bend it. Arm flexibility comes more from the elbow joint than the shoulder joint when it comes to moving the hand toward or away from the body due to that shoulder point noted above.

The wrist has a fair amount of range that I think looks natural. It can not bend to a full 90 degrees up or down and side to side movement is rather limited.

[​IMG]

(Quick note: the kneeling pictures show the side view of the head looking upward as far as it can tilt back on the neck.)

The Vings body can sit on its knees easily. The knee joints do look rather sharp and broken up in this position, but they hold well, the doll is stable, and it's easy to put the doll into this position. The feet do have to be turned to the side in order for it to sit like this. The ankles do not allow the toes to point almost at all. The knees do have space between them when the doll is sitting like this from the front view (see the Up / Down pictures).

Other notes:

The torso joint does allow the doll to slouch forward...but it does not hold, so sueding would be needed to possibly get the doll to stay slouched.

The torso joint does not want to bend back.
      Ok, so I did have to unstring my doll and restring him and I know that he has a separate inner piece that slots into his lower torso inside the upper torso part. I do not know if removing this would allow for better movement...or even if I put it back in wrong and that is why he won't bend back at this joint...but he made a scary noise when I tried and I might have to pull him apart and see what happened in there because scary noise was scary... :frownyblush:

The hips came with silicone kips already installed...which I removed when I restrung him. But I can actually see why they were there now that I was testing these poses. The body does prefer to either thrust the hips forward or to push the butt out rather than stand perfectly straight. If the body bends at the hips, it also tends to like to bend at the knee as well, so he can be a little fussy when standing because he'll suddenly collapse in a chain reaction from hip to knee. I was taking these pictures on my bed (a very soft, squishy surface) so I didn't play too much with his standing balance, but I think he would benefit from a stand. Also because there is more limited range in his ankles. That might give him stability, but it also hinders finding that sweet, sweet balance point.

He did also slap himself in the face about 25 times while I took these photos. Lol. So yes, he can touch his face and seems to enjoy doing so. :XD:

I honestly really like this body. It is gorgeous and the posing is reasonable and graceful. :chocoheart
      His hands are really pretty! :chocoheart
      I don't have any deal breaker points with him in terms of posing. He has a lot of good points in terms of range and hold and ease of use in his joints, and the stuff he can't do aren't things that I haven't seen in other dolls from multiple companies so I'm philosophical about it.

#45 Lady Ravenswood, Aug 3, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    6. @Lady Ravenswood This is a goldmine of information, thank you so much!! The body looks amazing, considering how much it can do I'm surprised the official photos don't highlight that! I love the natural line of the back especially, the fact that he doesn't have that exaggerated and painful looking lumbar curve :aeyepop:

Now I have no choice but to save up for the next 68cm body pre-order in October :chibi:chibi:chibi

7. @mxwutter
      Glad it was helpful! And yes, I think I'm right there with you. Hehe. :3nodding:

8. @Lady Ravenswood Great pics! Man those knees really are clunky and unattractive. My guy is never wearing shorts or a short skirt.:lol:

9. Has anyone ordered the 68cm body and received it yet? I've been waiting for mine for several months now. Hope it will be ready in october:whee:

Already have the 70cm one in Soom normal skin for whoever wants or needs an owner reference:
      Sanded down the neck to 11.5cm (basis was 12cm version) my fav parts are his nipples :wiggle

I chose it because it was one of the few bodies that matches my dolls real life reference, who has less of a six pack but the rest resembles well.
      Can do many poses if you have patience to arrange him. Looks aesthetically pleasing though and is worth it:love

[​IMG][​IMG]

#49 DeanDynamite, Sep 22, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    10. @DeanDynamite I'm also waiting for the 68cm body. You're guy looks great!

11. Cool, when did u order and where if I may ask?

I ordered at stacey's pink ocean in june

12. My 68cm body is on its way. I ordered from Clover Singing in July.

13. So, after 3 months on shipping my 70cm body arrived yesterday, and the right ankle was broken. I contacted Vings about a replacement, but sadly the factory they use no longer has molds for the old body. Vings told me they recently updated the body, so it looks like the factory got rid of the old molds. They were nice and apologetic about it. I've super glued the pieces back on, but I don't expect that to hold long term. So, for the time being I have a large paper weight.

To add insult to injury the head I bought the body for doesn't fit. The neck is to big. The head is supposed to be able to fit on necks between 10 and 11cm, and I got the 10.5cm neck, but it just sits on top of the neck. I measured the neck and it's closer to 11cm, and then I measured the neck of another body I own which claims to be 10.5cm as well that the head does fit perfectly, and it's more like 10cm. My own fault for not checking the measurements before hand.

So, my head needs another body, and I need to figure out what to do with this one.

Some good news. Vings let me know that my 68cm body shipped.

14. I am sooo close to ordering all three versions of the Reiki head, it's so elegant and lovely! And the fact that it has both a sleeping head, a half closed eyes head and a normal head is so tempting! I love having several heads with different expressions or alternate faceups! I just wish I could find more pictures of him that aren't the company photos :O

15. @DeadlyNyappyRomance
      What kind of photos are you looking for? I have all three Reiki heads. They are all blank, but I could take pictures for you if you need. :thumbup

16. Oooh, that's really cool ! Thank you so much!! <3 I would love to see a picture of any of the heads completely from the side, so the full profile is visible with how the lips and nose look from side view - for some reason company photo's rarely show this angle :>

17. My 68 body arrived recently! I've been making some minor mods and the body is so pretty~ I really love his legs the most! So beautiful:chibi (His heel feet are from Luts so it's a small resin difference) I bought it in Volks normal to match my old Switch head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Ahh, that body is so lovely! You are right, the legs have such a nice line. :chocoheart
      Congrats!
      I hope I can get that body someday too!

I got some pictures of the profile of Reiki @DeadlyNyappyRomance
      Sorry that took so long :sweat

[​IMG]

Teeth
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are all the half-closed and closed-eye heads.
      Hope those help!

19. Omg it's so pretty.
      Mine is on its way too. I have a tawny body. Can't wait to see it :D

What neck size is yours?