1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks after event

May 18, 2005

1. Well, I wanted those two cute cat outfits and it turns out that it was a lottery! Huh what? When was this?
      Also, the stands were sold out and the glasses were sold out... And I kept getting error messages to the V-Jeans...
      Anyway, I baught some cat eyes and a few Dollfie Plus things and I managed to get those two pairs of stripped pants for my MSDs. I must have been the last to get them, cause it said sold out when I hit it again. Then my shopping cart crashed and when it finally came back up after I hit reload a zillion times, it kept giving me a stupid message about bad cookies, so more hitting of the enter button over and over again until it went through to the end. Then in my excitment, I forgot my bank password and it locked my credit card up and of course it's Sunday and no one to call to free it up! Luckily my husband's card to the same account worked... wooo!!!
      Anyone else have such fun?
      Okay, now how long do we wait till the stuff arrives?

2. Haha! Very condescending!

3. There must be some serious miscommunication over there, or serious understaffing. Maybe with a Volks store here, they can have more English speaking staff to run the English site. Having only one person is probably half the problem!

4. When I got Kurenai in the last after-party, she arrived in approx. 1 week. So it shouldn't be long. :chibi

5. Well I doubted that they would mis-link new items they just put up and thought that maybe they did this on purpose, planning to sell them after all the rest of the items went through.

But then again, they are a small team with a huge website to manage... *shrugs*

6. Okay, here's what happened: I was at the "order an item" confirmation page. In another window, I was refreshing the Volks' website... it came up with the front page, so I switched to the other window and hit the button!

Then it put me to a page that had an error message on it. When I clicked the back button, it put me back to the page before the confirmation page. And then the website was down again. I didn't think it went through, but I just got a purchase procedure confirmation notice saying I got it - I even have an order #.

Do you think it's safe to close the shopping cart now? It never did actually get past the confirmation page on the internet... But I would be afraid to click the order button again anyway... 'cuz I might order it twice...

7. If the Volks main site page is up, you can open a new browser window and log into your account - then check to see if the order is in your account status.

8. If you got an email, I think you are safe. It wont let you order the same items again anyway, it will just tell you the items were reserved but have not been shipped. This seems to apply to all items, not only dollpa ones. I could not order 18mm baby blue eyes twice.

9. Reading this thread makes me glad I didn't want anything... And since my major in college is computer networking, it really, really bugs the heck out of me - They don't just drill how to configure routers into your head in networking, they drill basic business ethics in, too - Like how an unpleasant eCommerce experience can drive a new, or even a casual repeat customer away for good.

If their website's infrastructure is insufficient, and they know this, it's not that difficult to temporarily expand. Rent some servers, temporarily go through a company that specializes in web hosting that can offer the bandwidth and servers needed, do something.

Playing off your brand name while presenting all your customers with a horrible experience damages your reputation, especially when it's an experience with e-commerce. For the Volks fans here, it's just going to annoy you, but what about the first-time consumer who saw something they really wanted, and then due to the website's inadequecy wasn't able to get it, even after ages of wrestling with the site? That's not going to give them much faith in Volks, and will probably decrease their chances of doing it again, even at a time when things aren't a mess - Once you've had a bad experience somewhere, you're likely to remember it. Example: The Burger King near my home is overall a good Burger King, whose food is on the whole very good. However, 3 out of the last 4 times I've gone there, they got my order wrong. As a result, I don't go there unless my mother wants to. They make a good product, but I know they can't handle things on the purchasing/order filling end. So why would I give them my business if there's something I can get elsewhere that's similar that makes me just as happy?

This isn't a flame against Volks, just a general basic business analysis. They need to get it straight so new customers won't be put off. The old customers won't be around forever, and if, for example, I'd been trying to get something as a first-time customer, I would have been very put off from ever attempting to do it again. Again, the established customer base won't be around forever. Providing a terrible service just pushes the fresh meat away.

And yes, making sure they have the capability to support the afterevent would be somewhat expensive. However, customer good will is worth a thousand times more. And it's especially troublesome when you take into account that this is not the first time something like this has happened...

10. After a grueling battle.. I WIN! I hope. :wink:

hee, hee... I got the laced blouse and skirt set for SD13 - my "Mimi" will be very happy when she comes home!

The set cost $35CAD, and shipping was $29CAD! Still, I'm happy! So long as it goes through, I suppose! I will be much more relaxed once I get the e-mail saying everything has been paid for and is on it's way!

This is how I feel now: *_* *_* *_*

- I still think it sucks that I wasn't able to get any jeans, though...

- And yes, it was in my account, also. Thank you for the suggestion, Jibrille.

11. Hear hear! Very well put! :grin:

12. Yeah, S&H for just the one SDC outfit came out to $25 *_*

13. Thank you, that's good to hear; it's been a while since I'd ordered from Volks...

14. No, it won't make a difference. I was so upset yesterday that I sent them 2 emails saying how I login 10 minutes before it start and keep refreshing until I see the order now button and then their server crashed and the message that they can't process my order cuz Liz was already gone. And they send me this generic email. Their server was the one that crashed not my internet connection!

Dear customer,

Thank you for your email and inquiry.

There might be several possibilities supposed.
      The sales time was Japan time, which means the time in Japan.
      It was possible to login five minutes earlier but not possible to order
      the
      item.
      Line disconnection, mistyping, and so on.

If there is any specific reason, please let us know. Then we will see
      how
      it was.
      Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Sincerely
      Volks Web Site Service Center
      VOLKS INC.
      311 Tsuchiya-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto
      600-8936 Japan

15. I got a slightly more helpful reply from my email:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your email and for your opinion.

The interest in our Dollfies have been getting bigger and wider day by day.
      It is not easy to presume how many order we would receive at After Event.
      The shopping procedure of this online event was meant to be open to anyone.
      It seems that the order wishing by our fans are more than we expected.

We are awfully sorry for missing "Arashi".
      We take your opinion in consideration to make better customer service in
      future.

Thank you and wish your kind understanding in advance.

Sincerely,
      Volks Web Site Service Center

16. I just wanted to let everyone know that Heath was available this morning, I saw him while searching on their site.

17. That's funny.....I"ve been trying all morning, and Heath never showed up as available.

They haven't fixed the VJeans links, either.

:crushed
      Michelle <----who REALLY needs some sleep!

18. Ok......I didn't get into the lottery page, but ordered directly through the link ponygery provided.....

If I get a confirmation email like this....

"Volks Web Site Purchase Procedure Completion Notice/Order number #####"

Am I really getting my order, or just entered in the lottery?
      :?
      Michelle

19. You just bought the doll. That's what the first line of the email I got when I ordered my Kurenai & the SDC dress looked like.