1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks AllTenshis discussion (Yo-Tenshi, Sei-Tenshi,Rei-Tenshi)

Mar 18, 2012

1. Thank you, Aree! I'm honestly not sure when my little one was made, but I won't feel so bad about removing the blushing then. Her little head is with Rabiruna at the moment anyway.

I suppose I should get her some shoes as well... ^^;

Aishiteru, I hope you get a Sei-Tenshi! They are so precious. I wish I could attend Dolpa and win one. I feel like it would be more special that way. But I still love my little one nonetheless!

2. bunnywink: I know what you mean about winning one being more special. From the certs on mine I know they were 2010 NY Dolpa, which really added to them being twins. I can't wait to see yours with the updated faceup.

3. The twins wanted to ask the age old question his or her blue box?
      [​IMG]

4. Is Gallifrey wearing a Tardis shirt? How suiting...did he steal that shirt or did the shirt steal him?! Lol

5. Here is a shot of my Sei-Tenshis. I find it is easiest to use outfits that tie at the neck. These are all jumpers made by Spampy. They fit wonderful. I also found these little cell phone chairs from Claire's stores work really well to sit them in since they can't really sit well in a regular chair.
      I have not won any of these at dolpas. Most are bought or traded or lent or presents from very good friends.
      [​IMG]

6. purplekaren: what cute crew of sei-tenshis you have. What mold letter is the first one? I love the chairs. I love the Spampy rompers.

NabeeRain: Gally does love his dr who stuff. His sister Brooklyn loves Tiffany boxes more.

7. AreeElf: thanks. The first one on the left does not have any markings inside his head at all. He was a very early one. Maybe they didn't use letters in the beginning? He is from the first NYC dolpa. I don't know why, but my monitor is only showing 3 dolls. the whole right side of the photo is cut off. I think a lot of my photos have been getting cut off the right side lately. Is there new guidelines now for posting photos?

8. purplekaren: It might be a resolution issue. On my ipad the photo is cutoff and on my pc I see the whole photo

This little one just arrived yesterday she has a really long name but she's called Huinn for short.
      [​IMG]

I love playing with her wings. I really like that they are strung not fused to the back. if I can't pose her legs at least i can play with her wings :)

9. Congratulations, you have a fetus! Or as my friends call it, a lima bean. :D She looks so totally different from Jimmy, it knocks me out.

The strung wings are weird - but it is cool that at least you can change the angles. (But be careful not to spin 'em around too much, though - I had one of Jimmy's wings come off in my hand once! Dunno how it had unscrewed from its eye-hook, but that's what'd happened.)

10. JennyNemesis: Thanks for the tip on being careful of the wings. It looks like it would be difficult to restring if it came out. I wasn't sure what she would be like, until she arrived. She definitely looks different from Jimmy, but I have a feeling she has a deceptively innocent look at the moment. (Something tells me I'll be in trouble regarding hats with this one. I'm really glad I don't have to worry about shoes)

Lima bean!! :fangirl:

11. Is her faceup default? It looks different from Volks, but maybe I'm just not seeing all of it. She's clearly a hat person. ^^ Yeah, these fetuses definitely save you mucho $$ on clothes & shoes!

If the wing does come off the eye-hook, it's just a matter of fishing that eye-hook back out of the hole, so you can screw/glue the wing back on. The eye-hook is threaded onto the arm strings, so it won't actually get lost. But at that tiny size, it's tricky to handle! For me, it took the combination of some good offset needlenose tweezers + a friend to help steady things. (Big dolls are so much easier to wrangle. ;;^^)

12. JennyNemesis: Thanks for the tips on the wings. Yes her faceup is default. This is a photo of her from the Y!J auction still with her facecover. She was from 2009.
      [​IMG] I was wondering how is Jimmy's seam lines. I decided to sand Samhuinn as she had very noticeable lines on her bottom and legs.

Speaking of faceups did you spy the rei-tenshi from Sendai he looked like a standing bontenmaru embryo

13. Oh my goodness, she is quite different! Different sculpt altogether. With her big cheeks, narrow eyes and curly smile, oddly enough the first thing her features reminded me of was SD17 Reisner. :D

Jimmy doesn't have a single seam line! He is truly as smooth as a shelled lima bean. Which can make him hard to hang onto sometimes. He's practically frictionless. ;; He was a 2007 model, maybe they did em differently back then.

No, I haven't seen the new Sendai Reitenshi-- do you have a link? Little Yo-Bontenmaru nearly did me in, being so much like the big Masamune Date... seeing that haughty face in embryonic form must be hilarious. XD Seeing the 3 of them together would be a huge ZOMG.

14. Her really rosy cheeks is what gave off that she was a girl. Wasn't sure until I had her in person.

I saved the Y!J photos for reference. I had major covet issues for the Sendai rei, he even had that one piece thing, it must be a funny back view. Sadly he was a bit too steep for me. :(
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The embryo looks a bit more squishy mouth for thumb sucking and the coloring is a bit less dramatic but I see some resemblance.

15. Heheheee, oh squee! What a funny little dude. :whee: That face looks a bit like Jimmy-- the squishy mouth, the half-open eyes, the same thumb-hand. But the eyebrows are less saucy, and he's got straight legs. And the Bontenmaru onesie is an absolute scream.

I don't think I've ever met a straight-legged Reitenshi... they seem so TALL. ^^ How tall are they standing, compared to the fetal ones? The fetuses are about 10cm.

16. Volks lists Rei-tenshi as 5 inches I saw a standing one next to a pocket fairy so it's between 12-14cm for the standing one. He does look to have same face mold as Jimmy but the faceup gives him a different look.

I have to find where I put the snap closures my kids were teasing me about naked Lima bean so I cobbled up a halter dress for Samhuinn in gold lace I had laying around. The demanding one also asked for a matching cape. :XD: I hear you on them being super slippery with no seam lines. She was easier to hold with the seam lines than without.

17. Hey, guys:D I have a question. Is there any kind of gallery or catalog of molds for the Sei Tenshis? I know there are lots of different ones and I was hoping someone had compiled a few photos. Any advice is much appreciated:D

Oh my gosh:D So I just won my very first Sei Tenshi! Admittedly not by lottery or raffle at a Dolpa but from ebay. He is precious and adorable with a more than like non-default faceup and a detached wing. The seller says she reglued it with hot glue and the damage is not clear yet. Once he gets here I will be sure and post pics of the wing area to ask for advice as to the best way to repair it if it isn't a clearly easy fix already. Oh man! So excite:XD: Can't wait to meet my new baby boy:aheartbea

18. Sorry for the belated reply Mitya. I was compiling lists of tenshi molds I'm a bit behind
      http://tennyoacademy.chobyte.com/alldolls/seitenshis

I was hoping to share an in coming sei-tenshi last month but things went badly with it. It was my grail one too. I'm hoping that the incoming Rei-tenshi works better. I finally am getting a standing Rei-tenshi and it has an interesting tattoo to boot.

In the meantime Hobbywhelmed took this photo of Gallifrey at the last NYC meetup
      [​IMG]

19. @Aree, Oh my-- you were getting one of the fumi-tenshi? With the big toothy grins? I'm sorry to hear that the deal fell through, but can I tell you, those things scare the full-blown gonzo bejesus out of me. ;;^^

Also, I have never seen a tattooed Reitenshi before, so I'm eager to see the pics.

Also-also, I totally flaked for the past 3 months, on asking you where on earth did you get such a tiny fez?? :fangirl: Zee-oh-em-double-gee! There is something ineffably marvelous about the is-ness of an angel in a fez. Sort of like a vicar in a tutu. Anyway, aww, if only those came in Reitenshi/Pocketfairy sizes. The Jimster would absolutely knock 'em DEAD in a fez.

But for right now, Jimmy is busy grooving on his new pheasant-feather mohawk. Courtesy of the Winnipeg Hair Club for Fetuses.

[​IMG]