1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks AllTenshis discussion (Yo-Tenshi, Sei-Tenshi,Rei-Tenshi)

Mar 18, 2012

1. :lol: ZOMG I love that grinning dreadlocked tenshi with the closed eyes! S/he couldn't look happier!
      And Currant's funny little belly-tattoo is so cute - it reminds me of one of the Sneetches or something. ^^

Thanks for the hat info! I will have to inquire about micro-fezzes. I don't just think Jimmy would look good in a fez, I think he'd look RIGHT. So so right. <3

Anyway-- silly me, this morning I posted Jimmy's picture without posting his Gallery thread! There are more of the wacky animal-stripe gremlin mohawk here:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?589307-Jimmy-s-World-(Volks-Rei-Tenshi)

The man is just chillin' and enjoying his world. Jimmy's World being whatever immediate space he happens to be occupying... he has sure taken over my apartment.

And just one more shot, because he cracks me up.

[​IMG]

2. I didn't know that we had such a thread about Tenshis on DoA. :ablink:

AreeElf, looks like you got one with Volks anniversary tattoo, congrats! ^^ Your little berry looks so important sitting on the ''cake" ;)
      Lol, Sammy good job! ^^b

Jenny, your Jimmy is very cool tiny guy ;)

It's an old picture, but I'm putting it here for the record :)

My always sleepy Izumi ^^

[​IMG]

3. Kshusha: I love that photo of Izumi. Glad you found this little spot on DoA. I wasn't as lucky as you and Jenny I find it hard to resist angels looking for rehoming.

Jenny: Samhuinn is quite the prankster she likes borrowing items around the place. Love how Jimmy is sitting In the hat next to a guitar. I agree he would look right in a fez.

I'll have to take some proper photos in good lighting of the little imps. Work is finally letting up a bit, they kept me crazy hostage for a few months so haven't had much dolly play time.

Currant found some unused puki shoes. The carriage was originally supposed to be Sammy's but it was too small. Luckily it makes the perfect toy carriage for Curry. Curry wants to take up dance so she's fond of balancing on one foot. And propping herself on what's handy. ;)

[​IMG]

It still never ceases to amaze me how the same mold can give a variety of personalities.

4. Jimmy's red velvet fez is here!! :D

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?598138-Fez-man-(Jimmy-Volks-Rei-Tenshi)

Julienne & her micro-millinery were up to the challenge, all right! She picked the perfect superfine velvet & made it just according to Jimmy's size & specifications. Tassel and all. She even helped me brainstorm ways to make it stay on his head (he's frictionless, bulbous, and hairless xD) with a ring of eyeputty. Thanks so much Aree for the reference! :thumbup

[​IMG]

I'm in love with this guy in a hat, now... I suspect this won't be the last Julienne hears from us.... what say, a little satin topper, maybe a pirate hat, perhaps a furry Siberian dealie....

5. Love the Jimmy Martini with red fez on top. Glad to Julienne was up to the task Jimmy is awesome! He really is styling. :fangirl:

I vote for Furry Siberian deal. Though Pirate and eyepatch sounds fun

6. I was hoping to see some of the new arrivals from the Volks Tea in this discussion.

My Tenshis Currant and Absinthe are enjoying faux spring
      [​IMG]

7. Pleiades: congratulations on your sei-tenshi, Kiki. How great you were able to go to the tea and meet the Hideyoehi and the rest of the staff.

8. Here’s the new Sei-Tenshi in the house, won by my BF at the March 2014 Volks USA Tea Party. His name is Haru, and he’s been sent to keep an eye on the wayward Washi (standing behind him), who was won by the BF at the face-up class that Volks USA put on in Nov. 2009. (The BF has become a Sei-Tenshi magnet, it would seem…:sweat)

[​IMG]
      Haru: *sigh* Now where has that darn Washi gotten to?
      Washi: *to self* On the count of three… one… two…

#48 beamlette, Mar 31, 2014
      Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    9. Much to my enormous surprise, I was gifted a Sei-Tenshi and I have nothing for dolls in that size. Has anyone tried funnylori's wigs on them? I'm assuming that they wear a 6-7 wig? *utterly lost but entirely delighted*

10. Congrats on your little Tenshi of joy, St. James! I just measured my Washi's head, and size 6-7 is what they wear. :)

11. Wheeheehee, congratulations to St. James & Beamlette and everyone else who won! Sounds like a lot of tenshis came home to DOA this time around. :D

@beamlette, Washi slays me (those overalls xD) (and that paper bag trick XXD). He is lucky to have a new victim at home. New guy definitely looks a lot more credulous. :lol:

@St. James, I was recently gifted an itsy-bitsy wig that I don't have any dolls to fit, so bring Tenshi over and we'll see if it fits (& suits).

12. Thank you, Beamlette! I'm think that this is the perfect opportunity to get a really fluffy mohair wig. I've always liked how wild they look on tiny dolls, but this is the first doll this size I've ever owned. Mohair just doesn't have the same effect on SDs. Still no idea about a name or what type of clothes to get. There aren't a lot of examples around.
      I've only seen one repaint. Is it sentiment that keeps people from customizing them? I might not be able to resist. I think the head B sculpt ( I think that's what I have?) would look really cute with more blushing emphasis on the big round eyes.

13. pleiades, your sweet Kiki is cutie! Congratulations!

beamlette, oh my, look at them, they are soooo cute together :XD:

St.James, congratulation with your first Sei-Tenshi! ^^

Ok, I know I promised some of you a picture of my triple Rei-Tenshi. I did manage to put wigs on them without anything, after ten minutes of stretching :sweat
      But I'm stuck with Spring windows cleaning and weeds in the garden, so I made just a quick pic for now of how they are living in display cabinet ;) The last two look so similar that I want to change their eyes at least.

[​IMG]

14. Ksusha, your little Rei-Tenshi trio is darling -- I love the sleepy one resting in her "bed", watched over by the other two. :love

JennyNemesis, those overalls were a lucky happenstance; they came in a Rement I bought the day after the BF won him. Turns out they're the choice of well-dressed Sei-Tenshis; AreeElf's Gallifrey has them, too :lol:

Pleiades, congrats on your Sei-Tenshi win; Kiki has an adorably intense expression. And are his wings green? My favorite color! :)

15. Wow congrats to all the new tenshi arrivals.

St. James: They do wear the same wig size as YoSD, go with the smaller sized Yo Sd wig. Fur or fiber wigs seem to suit them best. I've seen a few repainted B and they do look best with a bit more smoky eye. I think besides sentiment most people get scared sending them off .

Ksusha: Love your reitenshi trio. Glad to see a pic of them

Pleides: I love the pistaschio green wings and white skin on Kiki.

Beamlette: Which mold is Haru? The overalls must be a favored Tenshi outfit. Washi is so naughty.

Sometimes hats help to keep wigs on and stretch the elastic to shape. Samhuinn shops for hats a lot. See how she's guarding the extra hat behind her. ( I use a miniature Cello case to carry the fetus around.)
      [​IMG]

16. I've got to get Jimmy a cello case for travelling! :D Right now, I just find it easiest to tuck him into his pearly-white Tenshi box where I know he's safe in my bag. But since these fetuses can't sit or stand, I also have to carry a throne with him too... at meetups, he's never without his cell-phone sling-chair. Jimmy needs a private roadie. ^^ But at home he prefers to nest in a martini glass.

[​IMG]

Samhuinn has quite the hat collection. She always looks to me like she's filled with devilish glee. Jimmy's kind of girl-- fused legs, likes hats and trouble! :whee: Jimmy has only the one hat so far, but he does nest in other people's hats. He doesn't have to worry about holding his hair on, when he wears hair, because it's just stuck on with doublestick tape. (So is the fez. His skull is SO slippery. xD)

I guess overalls are the Tenshi uniform of choice, because they've got straps & therefore don't get in the way of wings. Now a cowboy hat is all Washi & Gallifrey need! - After all, it does seem that Tenshis are mad for hats. :3

Is Kiki white-skinned? I didn't even know they made white Tenshis! There are a lot more variety of Tenshi than I've ever laid eyes on. @Aree, do you have a compiled list of the face sculpt types, anywhere? I looked on your Tenshiologist site for reference, but couldn't find what face Jimmy has (if it even has a style/number).

17. My sei-tenshi list is a bit better with head molds. I need to start categorizing reitenshi head molds now that I've had more sightings. It's been on my todo list to redo the site. I somewhat exploded it on information overload.

At the last Dolpa NY Mr. Shigeta had said white skin and sleeping tenshis were rare. I've seen white skin seitenshi before someone I knew won one. Though I don't think the sleeping seitenshi G mold is as rare in the US as Japan. Maybe the trip gives them jet lag.

18. Finally found time to come back to this thread! :) It looks like beamlette and I have identical Sei; blonde wig, blue eyes, pink wings, head mold C in NS.

I've concluded that mine is a girl named Potnia. Haven't even had time to look for a wig, so I just hemmed this MSD one to fit.

[​IMG]

I think I need to find or make a little stand for her, so she's not always flopped over like an overturned turtle in some larger doll's lap!

19. The pink wig suits her skeptical face. ^^

I have found that a Pullip stand is pretty good for Yo-size dolls (that's what Nava and the imps use)... and Yo is a little chubby for it, so if Sei is smaller and thinner than Yo, it'd be perfect. If you can find one sold separate from a Pullip, that is. I had to scrounge on eBay.

20. They are smaller and thinner than a Yo, so I'll keep that in mind. Might just order one of these from one of our wholesalers though. The metal arms can be reshaped for thicker waists.