1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks AllTenshis discussion (Yo-Tenshi, Sei-Tenshi,Rei-Tenshi)

Mar 18, 2012

1. Ohh, those! Y'know, I keep forgetting to ask you to order me one in EID size. :XD: If they come in x-tiny size, so much the better.

2. St. James I have that stand for the seis. Works great for meetups. The other alternative is the round chairs that are cellphone holders at sold at Claire's purplekaren posted a photo with them earlier in the thread. I like the pink wig on her.

I love Potnia's style.

Berlin says aprons are for Blacksmiths. Had to find him a hammer.
      [​IMG]

He's the twins precocious cousin.

3. That hammer! :D Great, now Nava will want one.
      Berlin is a little blue badass in that Volks apron. Oh jeez, and ittybitty Converses come in Sei size too??

Jimmy has a cellphone chair from Claire's, too. Of course it has skulls on it. ^^ It's a few years old. Do they actually still make cellphone chairs? I thought they went out after cellphones stopped being really small.

[​IMG]

(And since nobody ever puts their phone down anymore-- what do they need phone-rests for? xD)

4. I love Jimmy's chair it's so very him.

Blythe size converse work well they come with human size lace. I take them off and eventually, lace them with something of a more appropriate scale. The hammer was a keychain I ordered from amazon.

5. Easter & bunny.
      [​IMG]

Easter was a rescue doll I found in Y!J and she arrived last Easter. It was interesting project to disassemble her and give her a faceup and blush her wings

6. Easter and Bunny are so cute together!

Has anyone tried Yo hands on Sei-Tenshi? Is the wrist ball significantly larger? It occurred to me that it would be cute to get mine some other hands that could actually do things, and I was thinking that the Yo-SD hands from SQlabs could work since they come with wrist balls attached.

7. Sei hands look to be way smaller than Yo hands, but then I've never seen the two in the same room before... You should bring the little squirt over to try on Nava's hand collection! I've got a pile of both SQLab & Volks Yo option-hands.

8. I just wanted to show a comparison between Yo-SD Suzuna and Sei-Tenshi B's heads. I've always thought they had very similar sculpts, but there are definitely some noticeable differences!

[​IMG]

9. St. James: the wrists of a sei tenshi are so much slimmer than yos. They are almost half as wide. I wish they did offer hand options for them. From the dolls I have the dollzone( I have DongDong), the Imda 2.1, and 21 cm dd- Anne have the closest wrist ball size to fit the wrist socket but the resin match and hand scale are a bit off.

Does Potnia have screw eye or really long almost paperclip like hook in her wrist? I noticed depending on when the Sei was made they have different ways for the hand to attach. The latter allows for only rotational. Ot bending movement of wrist :(

My two yos have SQLab hands and Volks hands mix.
      [​IMG]

Bunnywink: nice to see comparison of the two similar family mold. I love their faceups the look like sisters

10. Ah, thanks for that! I realized after asking that the Yo hands from SQLabs don't have wrist balls, so I wouldn't be able to use them anyway. Potnia has hooks that are cast into the wrist, so there is only rotational movement, but not much because the hook is too broad for the oval shape of the channel in the arm. :/ I keep thinking about squeezing the hook into a smaller loop, but I haven't tried it out of fear of either breaking it off or cracking the resin. Not having the option to replace a broken part is tough!

11. "Come on, Komame, let's go play..."

[​IMG]

Virtue was an ebay rescue a few months ago. I am so happy I was able to bring her home!

12. Good thing you "rescued" Virtue, hello lolita -- that is such a darn cute pic, down to her outfit and just-her-size Komame :3nodding::aangel:

13. Thanks, beamlette!! I shared the photo really quick last night because I had just taken it, but I also wanted to share some information I have found out on sizing for rei tenshi.

Wigs: Every 3/4 "puki puki" wig I have tried has been too small. The Volks Dollfie Plus wigs for their 27cm line fit perfectly.
      Clothes: This is of course variable based on maker, but in my experience puki puki items are too small. Lati White SP items fit very well, so do Pipos Enfant or Mini Cheese Mouse.
      Shoes: Barbie Kelly shoes fit perfectly, as do puki puki sized shoes.

Hope this helps in the search for rei tenshi answers!! :)

14. In the new house!

[​IMG]

15. Wow! She's adorable!
      I have to say that I'm really grateful that I have the capacity to resist having more than one Tenshi. I am usually satisfied with one or two dolls from any given company except Volks, but so far one tiny from them has been sufficient.

16. charming kids

17. Oh, looks like this thread wasn't updated for quite a while... But I'm finally ready to show you my two latest Rei-Tenshies! Here are Dianthus and Delphinium and since there are two of them for more close-up pictures please visit my blog (link in my signature) :)

[​IMG]

18. I finally uploaded some pictures of my Sei Tenshi, Grace.

[​IMG]
      She has hands with a wire bent into a long loop. Looks like 14 gauge brass maybe. I've been thinking maybe the wire could just be cut off and a higher gauge wire soldered in place.

#78 Lopmon, Nov 4, 2014
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    19. Sorry to revive this thread, but I have a sei-tenshi on his or her way home, and I had a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers for.

Mainly, do sei-tenshi's share the same wig size as YoSD, or do they wear a size smaller (is around 7~7.5 too big?)? I'm also wondering about eyes. I assume 16mm are too big for them?

20. Congrats on your Sei, @revien !
      I have 16mm eyes in mine, but it might depend on the head mold you have. C has very wide eyes. Yo wigs are too large. I ended up using a 5-6in natural mohair, I think? I bought it at a BJD swap meet so I don't know by whom it was made.