1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. Joining in the DearSD love and thread. I love how they look and their proportions. I hope to own a few one day (they're so cute, how can I have one!?) but will probably get one secondhand first.

2. Right now VolksUSA is having an AfterEvent Lottery and they have four different DSD girls up for a chance to get! ^_^ I would say it is worth trying there, as secondhand can be very costly. Plus, this is only the 3rd time Vanessa and Tiffany have been up for purchase- but their first online lottery.

They are even cuter in person. You will not be disappointed when you get your first girl! ♡ I wasn't totally sold on them until I saw DSD Vanessa at LADolpa 2017.. but she stole my heart and I won her at this year's LADolpa! :3 She is one of my most prized girls in my entire collection already~ hehe ^^

3. I might be able to enter the lottery for the Dear SDs but I don't have a ton of hope for 1-entering or 2-winning one.

Haha! Whelp NO I am not entering the lottery for any of the Dear SDs.

#183 Chehime, Oct 9, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2019
    4. Hi. I entered for Vanessa, Tiffany and Megohime. Does anyone know if they post the lottery results all on the 18th or over serveral days?

5. @Yurikun, in the past for lottery items, there has been a big e-mailing and then a few later e-mails as Volks distributes dolls that weren’t paid for. But the date that they announced may not be exactly when the emails go out.

The current Halloween event at Mado includes SwD Kira! She’s similar to the other dreaming four sisters, but with a little smile on her lips. It’s really exciting to see Volks putting out the classic older sculpts as DearSD! I’d love to see a Kurumi/Miruku or Ran released on the DearSD body someday.

6. Oh ok. Do they usually go out early or later then the date they announce? I just would like to know when to start looking for them. I’m starting to get antsy to know if I won a doll.

7. If it helps any, I got the email when I won my Claude one-off last year at 3:21pm pacific. So hopefully this afternoon we'll start hearing. I didn't enter for a DearSD because I already got one in 2017 but I did enter for an Icon so I too am impatiently waiting for news. Good luck!

8. I am legit shaking right now. After losing out in the 2017 lottery, and again this past LA Dolpa at both the lottery, and rock, paper, scissors (I f'ing suck at that game >_< lol), I just got an email that I won DearSD Tiffany. I had to read it several times just to make sure it actually said winner, and not loser, Loser, LOSER. I was honestly expecting to lose again since it looked like there was only one of her.

9. Congratulations!!! Me and TorI are thrilled for you!

10. Thank you! Now the wait for her to get shipped.

11. I won Vanessa and Tiffany. I’m happily shocked! ❤️ It’s still hard for me to believe it.

12. Congrats on all the winners!

Not to jump in, but what does "Next Monday" mean? The 21st? or the 28th? Because to me that means the 28th, or it would be "this" Monday. I really wish they wouldn't do that it seems a little unprofessional. Different places in the US have different meanings for phrases. I mean, being from the South when I moved to Minnesota I was really confused when people got upset with me when they said "a couple" and I asked how many. xD That could mean anything under 10 back home lol

13. That's a valid quibble; I wonder sometimes about it, too, even though I'm somewhat used to their phrasing. It wouldn't hurt Volks to add the exact date, to be precise, so no one is fuzzy on the meaning ;)

I thought "a couple" was specific, meaning "two", but "a few" might mean less than 10 :3nodding:

14. I thought the official announcement said the 21st, but I might be wrong.

15. The 21st is the starting date for the second phase of the Afterevent, so that may be what you're thinking of. Which are both Mondays, lol!

16. I think the deadline for payment is still the 21st too, but yeah their phrasing is not the best. XD

17. Jumping in this thread to say that I'm also expecting a DearSD Megu!! :D I've never done the Volks lottery before so I'm super happy I got the doll I wanted! (Except I didn't get most of the MDD clothes I entered for, lol.)
      I have an SD10 Megu so I'm excited to have a short little twin for her. Eeeee I wish she could ship out tomorrow, I can't wait!!! But I have to!!!

#197 Sunnie, Oct 21, 2019
      Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    18. I received a shipping notice. Hopefully, I'll have her by next week.

19. My Tiffany showed up last Thursday, and I finally took some pictures of her today. Here's one.
      [​IMG]Hold Me Close by Cloudedmind, on Flickr