1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. @Cloudedmind, awww...she’s so adorable! I love her face-up, it really gives her a ton of character! That photo is so cute.:)

2. @Ayanami @PoeticSoul Thanks! It's her Volks default faceup. I'm not 100% sure what I'll do with her other then turning her into a boy, so she'll likely be keeping it for a while.

3. I'v got a question about DearSD hands, and would really appreciate some reassurance!
      I was about to take my girl's hands off for blushing, but I realized the stringing system is different than I'm used to. The hand has a ring that's on a loop of thin cord, and that loops onto an S-hook in the arm. The problem is it's very tightly strung and I'm a bit nervous to put a ton of pressure on the wrist or pulling the S-hook all the way out.
      Just curious if anyone had changed hands or restrung them and had some tips for dealing with this mechanism :O

4. @jadepixel, on the wrist end of the DearSD arm, there is a small groove where you can rest the s-hook when the hands are removed. It's just like the one-touch system on other Volks dolls, except that the groove is on the arm instead of the wrist ball. To me, it does feel tight when pulling the hands out, but so far I haven't lost the elastic into the arm yet. That said, mine doesn't have a ring on the loop of cord, it just has the loop of cord. If you're nervous, you could pull a piece of ribbon through the elastic before you try to remove a hand?

Here is Aster, my Lieselotte on DearSD body :)
      [​IMG]

5. @snowgray She's gorgeous, the face up really brings her out her features:D And I love the color scheme of your photo!

6. @snowgray Thanks! I was nervous about pulling too much on that thin cord but I’ll give it a try. And your girl is gorgeous :D

7. Hello! Does anyone know if the first and second release of the DearSD Kira came with a CoA. I purchased one secondhand in 2017 and just thought they didn't come with them. But, someone just sent me a screenshot a CoA for one from 2019. ANy help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

8. @bluepita Yes. They come with a little paper Volks certificate where the person has to write their name on it. It would tell you the DearSD model, date and the event. I'll try and dig mine out.

9. Yes, all DearSD releases have come with a CoA (although some people misplace them).
      My DearSD Megu is from the 2017 L.A. Dolpa and she came with a CoA. It's similar to those that you receive with FCS dolls and as @pris84 already said, they have the headmold, event, date and a space for you to write your name too.

10. @pris84 & @Chibi_Rat Thanks so much for your help! How frustrating. I can't find the seller at this point to ask. It's just been too long. Well, lesson learned, I guess. I have everything but that and no doubts she is legit, but I'd like to have had it. Thanks again for your help!!

11. @bluepita Some people may have kept it (or lost it) because their name is on it. Usually in that case though, people black out or cut out the name. Glad to help out! :thumbup

12. My DearSD from the most recent LA Dolpa came with a CoA, but Volks left the name blank. I don't know if that's a new thing or they were just too harried to bother. The doll pickup was kind of a mess and they didn't have enough staff to deal with it.

13. They always leave it blank and let the buyer fill it in with your name (or the person you are potentially gifting it to). At some dolpa in the past, they have asked you to fill it out right there as you are making the purchase.

14. Yeah, I've always been asked to fill it out at pick-up.

15. Joining this thread as I just got my DearSD Kira! I love her proportions, posing and aesthetic :D The hard part will be finding shoes in the right size though... Has anyone been able to find a pair that fits, other than the ones from the official dress sets?

16. Has anyone found any boy clothing that will fit the DSD body?

17. @rakelnaomi, I’ve had luck with SD sized ankle boots, which helps hide some of the too-bigness. These boots from Nine9Style work for me (black ones too), and I have some similar Volks ones, too (photo). YMMV depending on how you feel about DearSDs in heels.

18. Ooh, boots are a good idea! The Volks ones look great on your girl. Can she stand well in them?
      I did some more searching and it seems that Dollmore’s MSDs also have 6 cm feet. Maybe these could be an option for a Mary Jane-style shoe: Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more

19. The goblin princess got a new dress in the mail recently.

[​IMG]