1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. @CathyM that dress is so cute and fits her perfectly, where is it from or was it commissioned?

2. @CathyM Yay for new clothes! Your girl looks super cute:D
      also, I second @Adele's question about the dress *forever on the quest to find stuff that fits these girls*

3. @Adele
      @Chibi_Rat

I purchased it from Moritime on Etsy. I love her work so much. I messaged her before I ordered it that it was for a DSD, so she adjusted the SD10 version for me. :)

4. @rakelnaomi, a very belated yes, my DearSDs can stand in those boots. In the photo I linked, my girl is standing without a stand or support. I wouldn't walk away from her like that, but she can stand on her own long enough for a photo! Some of the recent IG posts from Volks show the Show boys wearing similar boots, too.

For people looking for clothes, the seller kokum has been posting some very cute DearSD kimono lately on Y!J. They are a nice fit, not too skinny like some kimono labeled DSD/MSD! My girl could even kinda kneel in hers:
      [​IMG]
      (photo link if the photo is not loading)

I am working on sewing a slightly reduced-size version of this free pattern from Peta Peta for DearSD size. That said, the original SD-sized version fits DearSD pretty well! I will post photos of both at some point in the future :)

5. Ooh that is such a cute dress! :love Please do share pics when you're done!
      (And thank you so much for sharing the link to the pattern! Maybe one day I'll get back into the sewing room, and this will be right up there on the to-do list)

6. @snowgray, thank you, that’s great to know! I got the Dollmore Mary Janes and while they do fit, they’re quite a hassle to get on and won’t allow for socks. I think I might just get my girl some boots instead :)

7. @snowgray thank you so much for the heads up about the DSD kimonos!
      they are gorgeous, affordable and most importantly actually fit!

also, to all those looking for shoes that fit DSD, LeekeWorld's LS-058_G (for SD/SD13 girls) fit quite well, they leave room for pretty thick socks and the ankle strap keeps them on securely even with the slight gap at the toes. Unfortunately, only brown and white and currently in stock
      here's a picture of Mafuyu wearing the white ones

and also, I have a question about heads
      I just got a DearSD SwD Megu head from a friend and the inside of her head is oddly different in that the magnet on the headcap is in the front and the hook in the back of the head which is the reverse of that of my DearSD Megu and other dolls
      is this normal?

8. @Chibi_Rat, that's normal. I always assumed it was so that you don't accidentally swap their headcaps!

9. @snowgray thank you so much for clearing that up!
      such a random change, but I guess they have their reasons for it

10. Hi kind of a doll noob here lol. For the 4 sisters dearSD girls, they are the same head sculpt just different outfits and face makeup right?

11. @dollxheart, yes. Kira, Nana, Megu, and Sara are all the same headmold in SD and DearSD size. Una is the same headmold in white resin. SwD (Sweet Dream) Megu/Nana is the same headmold with slightly closed eyes. SwD Kira is the same headmold with slightly closed eyes and a little smile. Her sculpted lips are different, not just the faceup.

ETA: because I saw that you have an SDM Kira, DearSDs of the four sisters use the SD/60cm sized heads, so a DearSD would be a similar height to your SDM, but with a chubby body and enormous noggin ;) The SDM “Four Sisters” have the same naming patterns, but so far only Kira and Una, plus their SwD versions, have been released so far. If I recall correctly!

#231 snowgray, Mar 17, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    12. Thanks for this helpful reply! I'm now interested in these DearSD dolls because obviously their faces are gorgeous, but I love their size! Having the sdm kira helped with determining if I would like the size or not. The faceups for these dolls made them look bit different from each other, I couldn't exactly tell if they were all the same headmold. Thanks for clearing that up

13. I'm just going to leave this here...

[​IMG]

14. @eleniel Perfection! Exactly what I needed today :lol: love it

15. Oh, somebody’s gonna be sleeping with one eye open tonight... :lol:

16. I really shouldn't be stuck working at home/in quasi-quarantine...

Well he's been living in the closet with the towels for a week and hasn't killed me yet so maybe he's just too short to get out? :sneaky

17. [​IMG]

So I only purchased my first doll recently but I'm crazy and bought myself a Dear SD girl soon after and I love her! She's bald right now because I found it hard to put her wig on, plus messed up her curls :( I'll have to restyle it, but ahhhhhh i cant believe i have her. She came in her original box and clothes. I just couldn't pass her up!

18. All hilarity aside, my girl finally has her head!
      At least until it gets sent off for a new faceup (this one has a lot of yellowing unfortunately).
      DearSD Cyndi anyone?

[​IMG]

19. @eleniel
      DearSD Cyndy is super adorable! :D
      your boy is great too:lol:

@dollxheart
      Congratulations on your super cute new girl! :whee:

Work has been killing me but I did manage to take some pictures of the DSDs together last month
      Mafuyu likes having a friend her own size
      [​IMG]

20. I'm thinking of putting some different hands on my DearSD, to give her a slightly older look. Has anyone done this? Would Volks SD hands work, or are the measurements just too different? What about hands from other companies? If anyone has pictures or ideas about size/resin matches it would be greatly appreciated :)