1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. @rakelnaomi The biggest problem with replacing the hands on the DSD is getting wrist joints. I really wish Volks would just sell them, and ankle joints. Finding shoes that fit is so hard :(

Anyways, here is my Goblin with her friend Fifi

[​IMG]

2. @CathyM Yes, that's a good point! It would be great if Volks sold them separately. I'm curious if the wrist joints would fit though, provided I could find some second hand? Do you know if the circumference of the wrist (and ankle for that matter) is roughly the same for SD and DearSD?

Goblin and Fifi are looking lovely!

3. @rakelnaomi

I stole the hands off my extra SD10 body to see how the hands look on the DSD. They fit fine. The SD feet look weird, tho.

[​IMG]

4. @CathyM Thank you, that is super helpful! I think it looks really good. I guess I’ll keep an eye out for the hands and wrist joints on auction sites, you never know :)

5. So my Dear SD gal is perfect, but there's is just one tiny thing bothering me and has been bothering me about her. I ignored it at first, but her head plate juts out a bit from its placement. Like one end of the headplate is raised up a bit and sticking out while the other is fine. Has anyone else have this problem? I'm assuming it's one of those minor imperfections like seams lines showing and such.

6. @dollxheart all of my DearSD girls have this issue and it kind of drives me nuts too but I just put a wig on them and try not think about it. Mine don't jut out too much but the right edge of the headplate is obviously more raised up than the left
      I think it's one of those minor imperfections that we just have to live with

7. @Chibi_Rat ah I see! Glad to know it's not some weird thing and just pretty standard. Thanks for telling me!

8. Joining the DearSD discussion with a photo of one of mine.

[​IMG]

9. @ruskyles she's super cute!
      I love her pose:3nodding:

dropping in a picture of my girls
      we had an eye-changing party today and although the battle with the hot glue was rough we got something done:lol:
      Koyuki (DearSD Una) got Standard Megu defaults and Mafuyu (DearSD Megu) got Koyuki's defaults to try and I like them more than I thought so she got new eyes
      DearSD SwD Megu got some 20mm red glass eyes I had lying around and the domes are so high that they gap horribly aside from not being able to see she has eyes because of her crazy thick lashes orz
      is there some trick to getting high-domed eyes to look decent in SwD molds or do I just have to find lower-domed eyes for this girl?
      [​IMG]

10. @Chibi_Rat High domes do not work well in anything but wide open eyes. Those domes have to have space. For the SWD heads it's best to use low domes.

11. @CathyM thank you for the reply
      That's what I thought, I'll keep an eye out for low-domes

12. Posting an older photo of my DearSD Coco <3 I think that the DearSD body is my favorite doll body from Volks, it's so posable and beautifully sculpted! My DearSD has the presence of a 1/3 doll while standing only 43 cm tall, very useful for displaying her next to my desk, she doesn't take up too much space.

[​IMG]

Reading through this thread I get the impression that there are much more female looking DearSDs than male ones?

13. @Ayanami - they've only released a few of the boy Syo and Ryo's as far as I can tell, though DearSD boys are a very cute concept. I think the lack of clothing might be slowing down the creation of more boys?

I am happy that I am going to be bringing up a Nono to finally satisfy my urge for a DearSD of my own!

14. @Nell wow that yellow dress is so cute! Now we are up to pink, blue, purple and yellow for the basic DSD dress. They are all super cute! But I hope volks does branch out and have more DSD dresses available separate from dolls.

15. Admittedly I wasn’t too keen on the My Dear Garden dresses when they first released but something about having this many colorways now makes me want to start collecting them, even though I’ve yet to get a DSD.
      It would be cool if they start releasing Dear SD targeted clothes. I know a lot of SD items will fit but some other styles meant for DSD would be nice.

16. Ah, she's so cute!

17. @Nell Yes, renewal Una is so sweet! I love her! But I have no idea how to get her... She's basically only available to those who can visit Tenshi no sato in person during the event, right?

18. Hey everyone! Crawling out of the woodwork after 3.5 years with a brand new to me Kira. I can't find the information on the size of her default eyes. is it 20mm or something else? Plz halp. :)

19. @Tetradeka, I’m pretty sure the default size is 22mm to give them that childlike look, but I have 20mm in my Megu and it works fine. Smaller than that and I think they start to look a little too old, but ymmv!