1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. my sweet dream megu was #30, so excited she's home.

[​IMG]

2. And Tiffany #5 is home! :aheartbea She's most definitely NOT a Vienna, though, so once again my attempt at pre-naming falls flat. That wild mane of red hair and those green eyes are pure Maureen O'Sullivan, so I've named her Áine Máire. She's working on assembling a doll family to live in her fabulous dollhouse -- lucky girl:

[​IMG]

By the way, does anyone else hear the DSD name & number in the Westminster Dog Show announcer's voice? "This. Is. Beagle Number Seventeen!" :lol:

3. LOL I hadn't thought of it like that.

Though, to continue that, Tiffany #7 finally arrived. I took a quick photo with Nina before I went out.

[​IMG]

4. Here's a quick shot my DearSD Vanessa; #17 at the Dolpa. Her name is Alex. I'm absolutely in love with her face!
      [​IMG]

5. It's so awesome to see Tiffany, Vanessa, and Ichima Ver. Megu settled into their new homes. I remember asking a woman who won a Vanessa, if I could touch her wig! The mohair curls were amazing! I did not have the opportunity to stroke a Tiffany wig though. Lol. :XD:

@Cynthia in FlintHills, Congrats on #5 Tiffany! I was so overwhelmed by all the DearSD cuties, but in the end I put in a entry for her as well. She came with the white ballet style shoes, right? I loved those more then the brown Mary Janes.

I brought home both the black and pink BTSSB Lolita outfits, and a bunny backpack. I was trying to stay positive that I was going to be bringing a DearSD girl home, but no such luck!

By any chance were any Elisse x Veronica Lolita dress sets available at the sumika shop? I did not see any. I picked up the long sleeve under garments set though that looked like it went with that set. I know you can mix and match the short sleeve and long sleeve sets. I was just curious if Volks brought any?

I may have to try my luck again for a DearSD girl during the LA Dolpa after event. The quality of the kimono is amazing, having seen it in person.

6. Is anyone going to try for Dear SD Megu from the LA After Event lottery? I wonder how many they have left?

7. No, the Elise's x Veronica sets were never offered at Dolpa. Only the black and pink dress sets were part of the inventory.

She is indeed very cute. But I'd rather have the kimono outfit and wig. I don't want to take someone else's chance to win their first DearSD, so I won't be entering. From what I recall, two Megu did not go home with anyone from LA Dolpa, since no one entered for them.

8. @Daniel Falls- Thank you for the confirmation. I was not sure if maybe there was a couple and they were scooped up.

Oh, so a couple of Dear SD Megu's did not have a home?!? I was there. From all the excitement of the DD lottery and Dear SD winners being announced around the same time, I was under the impression that all dolls had found a new home. I remember a couple people even commenting that it was good they all found a home in comparison to the last Dolpa where a doll had no entries, and later turned into another one-off in Japan. Lol.

I initially thought that Volks had a few reserved in advance for an after event. Regardless, at least some peeps have a second chance! Even if it's two.:3nodding: Thank you Volks Staff!

#29 Seditionary, Sep 25, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    9. wah, so many winners! Congrats everyone! I reaaaally want a Tiffany, she was so gorgeous! but I wasn't at Dolpa. I just love her face and that red hair. I wonder if they will release her again...

10. I am super amazed, thrilled, and grateful to have won the Ichima Version Megu. <3 I had the chance to hold a Dear SD at Dolpa in La and fell in love with the size. I was kicking myself for not entering for Megu in the lottery (due to a lot of excitement and confusion I did not know you could enter each of the different sub-sections in the lottery. I thought it was one entry per person and that was it. I didn't know you could enter for more than one doll!) and knew I had to try in the after event. It looks like sweet little Megu was meant to come home to me after all. :D Gah, I'm so excited!

11. That's wonderful, @DarkRegrets !
      It's like she waited for you :XD: congrats!

12. I tried for a Dear SD Ichima Version Megu as well. Just like at the Dolpa though, no luck on my side. Lol, Oh well, I honestly don't think it was meant to be anyway. I should just stick with my big SD's. Hmmm...now who is going to wear these BTSSB outfit sets?:sweat

Congrats DarkRegrets! So happy for you!:celebrate

13. Awwwwww, @Seditionary, just hold onto those BTSSB outfits and one of these days a DSD will come along to wear them! :thumbup

BIG congratulations, @DarkRegrets -- the Ichima girls are so lovely. Three cheers and a somersault for yours finding her way to you!! :D

14. Megu is lovely XD
      here is my sweet dream megu, she’s wearing a SD13 boy size dress, and fit her very well XD

[​IMG]

15. So happy for you @DarkRegrets! Megu knew she was meant to join you!

16. Congrats @DarkRegrets!

Popping in because...I won the other Megu :aeyepop: I had no idea because I did not ever receive an email from Volks. I just now got one saying that I may not have received (Well Duh) it and asking for payment...I just paid for her but I am still in shock...lol I honestly thought there was no way I would win but what the heck and put in anyways...wow!

17. @SDink, Big congratulations on winning a Megu! <3<3<3

The last Dear SD lottery on Volks USA seemed to have similar problems with the first winning email not reaching people, too. Nothing in your spam folder? At any rate I'm glad they sent you a second email :)

18. Congrats to the Megu winners! Sometimes it's just meant to be, I think.

19. @beamlette: Oh really? I just could not believe it and thought at first the email was not legit :lol: I'm so glad it was! Now the wait! Hoping not too long since she is sort of local and all dressed and ready to go!

@Ian-KunX Thank you! Can't wait to get her!