1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. I won Elsa, I can't believe it! I heard some people had been added to a User Group yesterday and since I hadn't been, I assumed I lost.

The payment deadline is a lot later than I expected, which is lucky because I've been going through a er...series of horrendously unfortunate events in my personal life so I'm really going to need that extra time to cover the cost. I'm not really a Frozen fan (sorry lol) so I don't need her full set, but I'm really excited for the doll as I love her sculpt.

Congrats to all winners, I hope most of us managed to get a doll.

2. Congrats!

3. Woohoo my partner and I entered for an Elsa "just in case" and we both won!

4. Both Anna and Elsa here!
      I wonder if there weren't enough entries for them and entries were considered as pre-orders? I'm curious to see if anyone entered and didn't win...
      I never won more than 1 doll at a time :aeyepop:
      Congrats to all the winners!

5. Congrats to all the winners! If Volks hadn't of previewed adult Elsa before the lottery for the DSD versions I might have put in for DSD Elsa.

6. ....another Elsa winner here. Congrats to all others, too.

As expected they don't seem to be popular, but good for us. SD13 Anna and SDGr Elsa will be a nightmare for sure, tho.

I hope I can bring home DSD Anna as well for a decent price as they have to be together for me. ;-; Couldn't enter for her as well.

7. I won Anna! I assume the DSD girls were not super popular especially because we got to peek the bigger Anna and Elsa just before the lottery and people's priorities shifted haha. DSD is not as popular as the larger sizes too.

8. Congratulations to all the winners! Looking forward to seeing owner pictures in the future.:dance

9. Entered for both, did not win either. But I'm super happy for everyone who did and I can't wait to see owner pictures of these lovelies!

10. I come bearing Elsa! My girl Penny arrived and she is just cute as a button. The default faceup is quite nice. The new hands are delightful, too! I hope Volks adds them to the regular DearSD line. I'd also love little fist/paw hands, too!

[​IMG]

11. @snowgray She is insanely cute. I'm so glad you decided to go for her!
      I did write to Volks to say I'd love some hand options. Maybe they'll do a VolksNews preorder type deal or something.

12. Wow! That is Elsa? She looks so different. She is much prettier than Volks photos! Congratulations! Does anyone have Anna?

13. @St. James, thank you! I should tell them as well that I'd like more hands. I hope that these, and the witchy SDGr Elsa hands, make it to the regular lines eventually!

@Oliveoil, thank you! I've seen a few default Annas on Twitter, and I know of one person who is waiting for one but hasn't received her yet.

14. I had a very lazy and relaxing Sunday, and managed a picture with the smallest chocolate bunny I've ever seen :XD:
      [​IMG]

15. It's so great to hear that there are so many new DSDs finding homes! ♥

[​IMG]

16. hello hello! I'm curious, does anyone have dear SDs with volks heads that weren't Intended for dear SDs? I saw one girl further back in this thread but I was wondering about compatibility and aesthetic. I assume some proportions/features work better with the body than others, but do you need a certain neck size? thanks!

17. From what I've experimented with, regular SD heads can totally fit on a DearSD body. I only have four SDs but all their heads fit well and stayed on. The maturity of their sculpts looked a little funny but even my girl from 2005 works!

18. So, my Tiffany has a sister now! I finally finished the color matching/faceup on my 2008 Megu that I put on a Rosenlied Holiday Child body. I like that the two are similar but distinct. Also Tiffany is in an SD sized kimono set that's clearly too big but she looks cute in it anyways, haha.
      [​IMG]

19. @Glace Leau They both look adorable, and I really like your Megu's eyes.

20. Just got my shipping notification for DearSD Anna and Elsa from VolksUSA! So excited to finally have these girls in hand :D