1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. It's ok, i hate myself too for knowing this!!!! :XD:

2. For anyone with 4 sisters DSDs- what size eye do they come with/do you use? Asking about DSD specifically because I know they sometimes use a larger eye for them vs the regular SDs lol

3. @lunar-dream304 : I believe my DSD Una takes 20mm glass eyes as it's pretty much the size Volks defaults to with the Four Sisters girls. I think she could go down to 18mm comfortably and just have a bit more sclera visible.

My girl hasn't been changed out of her default 20mms:

[​IMG]

4. Thank you, this is exactly what I needed!! I'm thinking of switching out my Megu's eyes but I couldn't find any information about what size the FS DearSDs came with by default lol

5. @lunar-dream304 :I know!! Volks doesn't have any of their original sales pages up any more so it's hard to find written confirmation.

Would love to see your Megu with some updated eyes. I might be inclined to change out my Una's down the line but really not interested in fighting the hot glue right now...

#606 Dybbuk, Oct 25, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    6. Good to know! I've been struggling with my Una's eyes for some time now. She always looks a little spacey. I'll have to try 18mm!

7. I usually keep my girls in their defaults as well but 18-22mm tends to work nicely with F-01 most of the time.
      I know that I had a pair of 18mm in my DearSD SwD Megu head and they were too small though so it may depend on the eye size and dome height. On the other hand, I love the 22mm (Standard Megu defaults) in my Una.
      That time when I was switching eyes on all the DSD heads in the house.
      I put my DSD Una defaults in my DSD Megu, Standard Megu defaults in my DSD Una and either the DSD Megu defaults or a random pair of 20mm glass eyes in my DSD SwD Megu if I remember correctly. I don't think I got any photos of her with the 18mm but they gapped horribly so she didn't keep them long.

#608 Chibi_Rat, Oct 26, 2022
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    8. Just had to share Megu really quick!! She's been bald since she got to me and her new wig finally showed up today and I'm just, like, breath gone butterfly stomach hyperventilating she's so beautiful lol

[​IMG]

I decided to keep her original eyes after all; I had planned to make her look super monotone by giving her a wig and eyes in similar colors to her outfit, but she really came to life when I put on this wig so this is how she will stay!

I can't help but notice how much she reminds me of circa-2008 Kanon Wakeshima, which is very funny considering I had been playing Still Doll on repeat the day before I got her lol

9. @lunar-dream304 : UWAAA! <3_<3 Your Megu is fabulous. So sweet and childlike. I love the charm of F-01 as DearSD! That wig color and style is perfect on her. It really does compliment her beautiful faceup/dress. She does have Kanon Wakeshima vibes.... maybe this is her way of telling you she wants a mini cello~ hehehe Thank you for sharing her. I have an Una DSD, but seeing your Megu makes me wanna be greedy and get a lovely Megu DSD too.

10. @lunar-dream304
      Your Megu is lovely! She look adorable in that wig/eye combo and also gives me the nostalgic Kanon Wakeshima vibes~
      Maybe she does want a cello, or maybe she's trying to tell you her name is Kanon?

@Dybbuk
      Do it!
      You need a Megu:3nodding:

11. Thank you!!! You should totally get one, she's incredibly sweet! I was very surprised to see how cheerful and open she looked once I put on her wig, it completely changed her personality in a way that I wasn't expecting!

I originally thought I wanted Una (yours is GORGEOUS by the way!!!), but I felt they would be much too similar to my Mai since they both share the paler skin and very pinky makeup, while Megu is so much warmer and has a vastly different appeal to her imo <3

Thank you! I actually think I might need to find a cello for her since both of you mentioned it, she would look so sweet with one :blush

12. @Dybbuk, your Una is lovely! I can’t believe those are just her default eyes; they look so bright!

@lunar-dream304, I think your Megu is charming!!! I love her dark eyes.

Does anyone have or has anyone seen an Elena, F-42, or F-66 on the DearSD body? I think she might be too grown-up…but maybe not?

13. I hope to get a DearSD one day and I’m curious about one thing. How would you describe the weight? Are they lighter than a Super Dollfie? Heavier than Midi and Cute?

14. Yes.

They are about as thick as a SD but not as tall so they have less resin. They are the height of the mini size but a lot thicker so they have more resin.
      Heavier than a mini/midi/sdc, lighter than an SD.

15. Finally got around to fixing up and faceup-ing a very old/yellowed/scratched SwD Syo head that I picked up a while ago. She looks somewhat haunting as DearSD :D

[​IMG]

16. @jadepixel, that's a wonderful new life for the SwDr Syo head. I like the soft, natural face-up :love

17. Gosh, the Four Sisters and Syo heads are still so beautiful after all these years! And the BtSSB (?) dress is too sweet.

18. Happy holidays! Popping in to share my wife’s Christmas present, her very own Hinaichigo (Rozen Maiden):

[​IMG]

She’s a Dollga Ojallin on a NS DearSD body and she works really well! Might need to get an extra kips disc for her neck but really that’s about it. I think Dollga Noella would make a really cute hybrid too!

It’s a similar scale effect to the 4 Sisters or Kun DearSDs.

#619 Sarako, Dec 24, 2022
      Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    19. @Sarako
      so cute! she looks just like a real Hina Ichigo!:D