1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. I second this 1000%! They really do need a DearSD-specific line of clothes!

@CathyM major congrats on your DearSD Megu! Yay for Megus in the world!
      I can't wait to see more of her:whee:

2. And I third it,. @snowgray and @Chibi_Rat... I put my girl in the shorter dresses so they don't drag on the floor on her but the shoulders never fit properly since she is flat chested, and there is more room in the SD chest area...

I do wish they would do a DSD line of clothes and shoes too...in a viariety of styles as these lovelies work with so many...

3. I especially wish for shoes!!

4. My poor girl needs shoes. I don't have a single pair that actually fit her.

The SD clothing I have is hit or miss on how well they fit. This outfit is big, but looks so cute on her :)

[​IMG]

5. Oh what a cute look, CathyM! Lovin' the kawaii look on your girl. Adorable!:D

6. @bronzephoenix Just so you know the next release of Dear SD will be at the Tenshi no Mado Golden Window Fair. More details are forthcoming but I have the models that are coming on my website summary! I wish Volks USA would bring back a Dear SD lottery~

@CathyM I love her outfit! She is so incredibly cute~ I wish they'd have more casual outfits for these girls too.:aheartbea

7. I love this outfit on her. I think I need a second one, as my SD girl isn't going to get it back XD

8. @CathyM, your girl is looking so perfectly cute!

If anyone is interested, I found that Atelier Vita is selling a pattern that will fit DearSDs, and you can purchase it online via download. I haven't tried sewing it yet, but for anyone who is interested, it is on her website here under "Doll Dress." The pictures show a little download symbol so you don't accidentally buy a dress instead ;)

9. @snowgray Thanks for the link. Such pretty things there

10. @nakitaninja Ahhh, thanks for the heads up! I hope they will be available online!! :love

11. Still wearing the cute hoodie set <3

[​IMG]

She's just so cute!

12. @CathyM, your Megu looks like a real little girl in that pic -- I expect her to dash off at any moment :D:lol:

If and until Volks makes more specific fit clothes for the Dear SDs, I'll continue to improvise from my SD-size clothes; it's a fun challenge. The "Komame's Li'l Custom Lessons" books Volumes 1 and 2 had some nice simple Yo clothing patterns that I've wondered about and if they could be re-sized easily to fit the Dear SD. I'm thinking that the intention of creating the Dear SDs was to encourage crafting and sewing for them... :3nodding:

13. More DearSDs will be released for Dolpa 39! Nono, SWD Nono, Megu, Coco, Kira & Nana. They will be in the My Dear Garden outfit set? Please see Tenshi no Mon for more information. :thumbup

14. Any info on the after event for these cuties?

15. Volks doesn't do an after event for DearSD. VolksUSA has had two DearSD lotteries on their website and the in-person lottery at LA Dolpa last year. I'm hoping for a DearSD lottery in the summer.

16. I think that if you are interested in seeing another online lottery for the DearSDs, you may wish to mention this to Volks! It may help them judge desire for DearSDs in the U.S.

17. I've been poring through as many Dear SD related discussion threads while waiting for my girls to arrive and finally have a picture to share of my Sweet dream Megu Ichima version.

[​IMG]

She's wearing an old SDGr dress my mother made long ago that we didn't complete. Now Esmé, my Megu, gets to wear it! I shortened it a bit and hid the folded portion behind an elastic belt.

I'm so in love with this size! I thought I was leaving the hobby because nothing interested me until finally the four sisters sculpt I like a lot whom I didn't find fitted the SD sizes came in this incarnation and to me, is perfection.

Breaking the bank, I went to buy another DearSD Coco to get the body for perhaps my SD Aya. She has yet to arrive so we will see if I am keeping Coco as is or have to sell her head away so Aya can have the body.

18. @yoake, she's darling! :D :D :D And Aya will look perfect on the DearSD body! :D I can't wait to see her! :D I'm hoping to bring home a Coco, too. Lucia also looks great on the DearSD body!

ETA: Forgot to mention that I did e-mail Volks about having another DearSD event for the U.S. Their response was that they weren't planning another U.S. event at this time. So for people hoping for another U.S. release, please e-mail Volks and let them know what you want! :)

#98 snowgray, Jun 14, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    19. @yoake I love her so! I really want a SWD foursister too! I hope you will sew her lots of things. I also emailed Volks USA about a DearSD release.

20. Gosh I'm so in love with this size and body type, this is the only type of doll that's seriously making me reconsider breaking my "one big doll for both genders ONLY."

Unless...

Does anyone know if SDM heads fit onto DearSD bodies? If they do are the proportions weird at all or are the DearSD heads the exact same size as standard Volks SDM/MSD ones and its only the bodies that are different? Could I mod a hybrid? (Say for example putting my SDM Mako's head onto a DearSD body?)