1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks DearSD 43cm Discussion Part 2

Jul 28, 2017

1. I think the DSD size is fun to sew for. She is easy to handle and the proportions allow a lot of detail. I'll try to show mine in her new outfit as soon as I get the buttonholes done.

2. New DSDs were announced for Dolpa 40! Ryo and Show are being added as boys. They come with a blue Dear My Garden outfit, "Starry Blue." It has a similar cascading skirt to the other Dear My Garden outfits, but shorter to show off blue bloomers. The neckline has a Peter Pan collar instead of a ruffle. Aya is joining for girls, and she and Coco are shown in a new "Lilac" version of the Dear My Garden outfit, which has striped stockings instead of floral. Kira is also shown, but in the previous pink Dear My Garden outfit. XD Coco's earnest face is so cute! She's the DearSD I most like out of the bunch, though Show is a close second.

I'm still hoping to find time to sew for my girls! I have a big work project that wraps up at the end of this week, and then fingers crossed I'll have time to make a fall outfit or two before fall is over!

3. @snowgrey Ah thank you for letting us know! I really love Ryo's updated look. (I'm a fan of Nono so it all makes sense. Hahahaha) Arrrrrrg. This dolpa is pretty intense for gorgeous dolls~:aeyepop:

4. @snowgray Thank you for the info! Omg! Two classic sculpts, that's amazing. I wonder if the body will be the same asexual body though? Hope I can snag one from US release :...(

5. @CMBato It'll be the same body. :thumbup I don't think there will be a US release unless they have a special offering. These dolls are usually lottery at the dolpa venue itself. We can hope, though!:eusa_pray

#145 nakitaninja, Nov 12, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    6. Thanks for the explanation @snowgray ! I really like Show! :chibi

@CMBato Sadly only Dolpa release.

@nakitaninja Wouldn't it be kinda cool if it there was a boy body of the DearSD?!

Also, on Volks' Twitter, here is a teaser photo :

ボークス スーパードルフィー 公式 on Twitter

I'd love to see Volks do an International lottery for the DearSD. There really needs to be one! These little ones have been out long enough now to get one.

7. Maybe they'll do another one at the next USA Dolpa. (I almost typed LA Dolpa, but we still don't know where it's going to be.)

8. Show looks so cute in the teaser photo! I would love to bring one home. :eusa_pray Thanks for the updates!

9. @Cloudedmind That's what I'm hoping too! Crossing fingers.

10. Show & Ryo are gonna be so adorable! :XD: I wondered if they'd ever release DSD boys. Looking forward to more pics. Aya is a sculpt I quite like so it's very cool she's getting a re-release as a DSD.

11. I'd love a Show to go with my Megu.

12. #152 tanzerse, Nov 24, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    13. Has anyone tried "a girl for all time" outfits on Dear SD? I know they're too small for most 18" doll clothes but it seems like the dolls in that series are a bit smaller....

14. Aya and Ryo look so good, ahhh.

15. @Ian-KunX You asked me in the other thread which Dear SD I would be trying for, but I was scared to answer in case I might jinx it: The good news is that I was hoping for a Coco, and now I have twin Coco DSDs!

16. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!! :D

17. Is there any way to identify the year of release of a specific DearSD? I'm currently about to buy a DearSD Coco but the buyer doesn't know the year of her birth:sweat

18. @Ayanami My Mimi from 2017 release only has "DEAR SD" written on her plate, and nothing else (I believe her release number is engraved inside the head).
      However all DSD's come with a birth certificate with the welcoming date so you should ask the seller.
      It's not really a release date, but you can guesstimate the release date from it.

19. @CMBato Ah that's good to know, the seller did mention that they had the certificate! Thank you :D

20. @Ayanami No problem! Congratulations :whee: